The JB Squonker Thread

Refined a couple things on the side firing Reo and decided to play around with flat top.
I often get asked to modify Reo's but once I've done one I don't want to replicate it,I suppose I might part with one or two of my own but who wants a Reo with the same atty mated to it.
I fitted a spring loaded 510 so technically flat top isn't flat anymore,cut the button size down a bit,then had a play with some ink because the brass door is crap.
Cleaned the CC a bit as well.
View attachment 49984

Wish I could press the WINNER button more than once! Poultry Meal of note John! :b1::b1::b1::b1:

Refined a couple things on the side firing Reo and decided to play around with flat top.
I often get asked to modify Reo's but once I've done one I don't want to replicate it,I suppose I might part with one or two of my own but who wants a Reo with the same atty mated to it.
I fitted a spring loaded 510 so technically flat top isn't flat anymore,cut the button size down a bit,then had a play with some ink because the brass door is crap.
Cleaned the CC a bit as well.
View attachment 49984
WOW.....Brilliant.:campeon:

Can't wait till I don't have to worry about school fees so I can buy a milling machine!

@Genosmate - if I fly you out to Canada, would you do up a couple of these? :)

Brilliant, mate. Just brilliant. Capt Steve would approve.

I was speaking with @Paulie a few days ago and he asked if I'd made an 18650 series mod in wood.
I did make one from acrylic a while back but just to see if I could make it work.
This time I wanted to try and do it but CC Mod/Noisy Cricket shape,again just to see if I could do it,also wanted a removable bottom cap held in place by magnets and because I'm kak scared of the noisy cricket also fitted a collapsable spring.
Works well and I suspect very little voltage drop,I'll check it when I find out how!
Wood is nothing fancy just plain walnut with a buffalo horn/copper cap,might oil/ca glue finish it a some stage.
IMG_1839.jpg IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1842.jpg IMG_1843.jpg

Last edited:
I was speaking with @Paulie a few days ago and he asked if I'd made an 18650 series mod in wood.
I did make one from acrylic a while back but just to see if I could make it work.
This time I wanted to try and do it but CC Mod/Noisy Cricket shape,again just to see if I could do it,also wanted a removable bottom cap held in place by magnets.
Works well and I suspect very little voltage drop,I'll check it when I find out how!
Wood is nothing fancy just plain walnut with a buffalo horn/copper cap,might oil/ca glue finish it a some stage.
View attachment 50570 View attachment 50571 View attachment 50572 View attachment 50573 View attachment 50574

Thats Epic!!

Ive been wanting to try a regulated mod for a while but when it comes to wires and boards I'm doff!
@hands cut the face plate and board out of a Koopor Mini and I decided to play with it,I like idea of a metal/wood combinations but its just a question of finding the right shape and wood/metal,this is a first stab at it.
IMG_1862.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1864.jpgIMG_1866.jpg

Wow, nice work! Now make it squonk.

Ps. When will we see some JB wood squonkers up for sale?

This is an awesome thread that needs to be resurrected.
Awesome work @Genosmate ,outstanding craftmanship to you and all that assisted.

Last edited:
Back