The JB Squonker Thread

Although @hands who is far more experienced using acrylic than me has been trying to help me out,I've tried every polishing compound I have on a test piece and don't like any of the results.In the end I used T Cut and then a car polish.If I come up with something better I'll try it.Made the mod a little bigger than I would with wood just in case it turns out to be fragile but I think it will be OK.
IMG_1541.jpg IMG_1542.jpg IMG_1543.jpg IMG_1545.jpg IMG_1546.jpg

It looks good to me. :MERCURY:

Jacques (@hands) and I decided we'd make some mods together (he is a real craftsman) and are just throwing ideas around at present,I think we will end up with some neat stuff.In the meantime we just put this together,its wild olive with horn and copper caps and button finished with CA glue.
IMG_1635.jpg IMG_1636.jpg IMG_1637.jpg

Technically this one shouldn't be here.
I've been thinking about building a dual 18650 mechanical squonker but with the batteries in series,just curious about the 'series' bit,but first want to try the theory.
As usual I don't understand how to make it work because when it comes to 'power' and 'wires' I'm doff! So a quick pm to @johan who always helps me by explaining things very simply and I have the idea.
I don't want to make anything fancy just out of what I have laying around.So a block of acrylic and a bit of plastic from an old fax machine tray for the door.
I used a Reo spring so its got some protection and make it so the battery connects with the underside of the 510,used another bit of plastic as a battery separator and an old battery for a button.Can take everything out to clean it and none of those magnets inside.
And now I see what its about,now to design the squonker.
IMG_1679.jpg IMG_1681.jpg IMG_1682.jpg

I've been thinking about building a dual 18650 mechanical squonker but with the batteries in series,just curious about the 'series' bit,but first want to try the theory.
As usual I don't understand how to make it work because when it comes to 'power' and 'wires' I'm doff! So a quick pm to @johan who always helps me by explaining things very simply and I have the idea.
I don't want to make anything fancy just out of what I have laying around.So a block of acrylic and a bit of plastic from an old fax machine tray for the door.
I used a Reo spring so its got some protection and make it so the battery connects with the underside of the 510,used another bit of plastic as a battery separator and an old battery for a button.Can take everything out to clean it and none of those magnets inside.
View attachment 46343 View attachment 46344 View attachment 46345

Great job as always John. PS: I'm a simple man, that's why the explanations are always simple ;).

Oh my god. I want you to take my money. What are the proper channnels to enquire about a purchase?...

View attachment 46343 View attachment 46344 View attachment 46345
Perhaps some inspiration from the rolo bf conversion for a dual squonker is in order :D

The noisy cricket might also be a decent look with a slightly larger centre space to accommodate for a thin and narrow bottle.

Whatever you do though we will be waiting and watching to see your beautiful creations.

Perhaps some inspiration from the rolo bf conversion for a dual squonker is in order :D

The noisy cricket might also be a decent look with a slightly larger centre space to accommodate for a thin and narrow bottle.

Whatever you do though we will be waiting and watching to see your beautiful creations.
Thanks @Christos,I thought about the Rolo shape as Ive already made a dual 18650 squonker (but in parallel) in a similar shape,didn't think of the thin bottle that'll maybe be worth a look,problem with a shape similar to the noisy cricket or a box is that if its made from wood it will be about 65mm wide.

Don't know how you'll explain Mosfets and DNA's etc to me when I get to them @johan
I'll be able at assist with the mosfet wiring as I have done it before.
The dna wiring I should be able to assist as well even though I have not done it before.

P.S.

An idea for a different bottle.

images (38).jpg

I'll be able at assist with the mosfet wiring as I have done it before.
The dna wiring I should be able to assist as well even though I have not done it before.

P.S.

An idea for a different bottle.

View attachment 46378
It seems you will always be limited by the size of the bottle neck. Even the smaller bottles have a round bottleneck.
Still I think it's an avenue to look into though.

I have looked at the dual battery Squonkers from TMod Customs, and geez that thing is HUGE. I think to big for my liking, then I rather change batteries twice a day..... IMO.

just SIMPLE as always ;).

We maybe need to discuss this Johan.

I just built this mod quickly to see what the fuss was about with a 'series mod',i knew that the batteries I use would be safe in terms of amp rating based on the coils I wanted to try so just went ahead and did it.

I had a couple of toots on Sunday afternoon but yesterday gave it horns.................not a good idea ;( after coughing and spluttering I decided to check the wattage I was vaping at,its 156.8,jeez I nearly blew my head off:censored:

I have looked at the dual battery Squonkers from TMod Customs, and geez that thing is HUGE. I think to big for my liking, then I rather change batteries twice a day..... IMO.
I think the best shape is probably like the Rolo or the Triangular one in the first pic of the thread.
If we ask nicely I'm sure the current owner can measure it or take some comparative pics for us ............Mr @Rob Fisher

I think the best shape is probably like the Rolo or the Triangular one in the first pic of the thread.
If we ask nicely I'm sure the current owner can measure it or take some comparative pics for us ............Mr @Rob Fisher

Would be happy to @Genosmate... but @hands has it in his possession right now... I have a feeling I may have to send a Seal Team to fetch it for me. :D

When I polished a P67 recently I thought it might be a nice project to try and turn a standard Reo into a sort of P67 trying to use a many of the original parts as I could.
I set out with the intention of making this another polished mod but I like the brushed look so much I'm keeping it that way for now.
The 'inset' on the back is filled with dyed stabilised wood dust and again I was going to CA finish and polish it,but I like it as is because it matches the mod.
IMG_1798.jpg IMG_1799.jpg IMG_1800.jpg IMG_1801.jpg

Good job John. I like the look of this one, how tight is the button push on your side firing REO?

Back