The New 510 for the REO's

Hi guys,

Is there a way to adjust the 510 pin if you don't have the Allen key it comes with?

I'm having an issue with my Nuppin not firing sometimes because it loosened a bit or low vapour yet the battery voltage is high. Works fine on my older REO though. Figure I need to bring the pin up a bit but don't have the Allen key. The Odin it came with also doesn't fire on it but works on my other Reo so I'm pretty sure it's the 510 pin.

I thought of turning the pin from the bottom that the tube fits on but not sure if it's 1 piece and which direction to turn it if it is.
Or maybe file one of those popular little blue phillips screwdrivers down a bit.

I think you're right, it must be reverse threaded to prevent movement when tightening or loosening the atomizer.
Not that it does - prevent movement I mean. You really have to tighten your atomizer well in its final position. If not, when you just re-tighten, the 510 screw will have moved!

It screws opposite to the way you think it will. Always confuses the hell out of me. :confused:
Think that's anticlockwise. Tried turning it a lot but the atty is still sitting flush so not sure if the pin turned or just the toothpick, lol.

Any idea if it's an allen or hex key and what size?

I have a few dissembly kits ao I might have the right size. Just don't want to start trying and strip the head with the wrong tool since that hole all ready looks like it's round.

OK, I turned it the wrong way then. think it's all the way down. Let me go try the other way (clockwise).

I have always used a small O-ring under the atty to function like a spring washer. I don't have the newer 510 Reo's, but I imagine it would help with future problems with certain "longer than standard 510 connections".

Thanks guys. Toothpick clockwise got me the result I was looking for :)

@Alex I use the o-ring on my older REO as a norm. I tried on this when I got it though and nothing fired because the pin was too low so I went without it but I'll put it back now since I got a gap now and it's ever so slightly skew #OCD. Same as the other actually but you don't notice with the o-ring between them.

Back