The ongoing media war on E-cigs and Vaping industry

Manufactures will always assure there are no dangers because its all about money .

I have spoken to the reputable and famed juice maker Adirondack operating out of New York. They are shutting down as of the 4th of October. :(

This type of news is so sad

Yeah, I wasn't aware that it included manufacturing too.

I thought it was the ban on flavourings (ex tobacco)
So that's probably 90% of their production

Not sure if they still allow manufacturing for export - but maybe the US is their biggest market.

Next question I would have is say they have a ban on flavourings in New York - then can you produce flavoured liquids in New York but sell them to a shop in a state that hasn't banned it yet?

Today I got annoyed with a old man . Just shows how the sheepeople walk amongst us . Im part of a archery club , we are a fairly small group of people and im the only one there that vapes and offcourse I make clouds but I try to respect the people and I always make sure my clouds is blowing away from everyone .

Today was different an older man started going mental when I greeted him . Here is some qoutes
" you people are killing yourself with these rubbish that you inhale "
" it is unhealty for the environment "
"You people are so dumb ....."

And then he said something , something very close to home .
I asked him if he as done any research and replied with cleary you are delusional and dont watch the news because Carte blanche reported on recent news of vaping .

According to him they also said that DIY coils and e juice is the main corporate in the mess

Now I can go on and on about this Oom I just ignored him and walked way .
Did somebody see the carle blanche in question ?
What can we do about it ?

The sad part about that @WBotha is that the media has painted vaping in a bad light and most people who dont know much about vaping just end up think that vaping is bad - as a result.

You cant really blame them. When one reads something from several "reliable" news sources on a topic one doesnt know much about - one is easily convinced. And one seldom does further research.

Going on a tyrade at you at the archery meeting was wrong of him - but maybe he is a smoker who doesnt want to quit. Or maybe he knows someone else in his family that vapes and it bugs him so he takes it out on you?

Nevertheless, I think the only way we can fight this is to try spread the good word about vaping and how it has helped so many of us to quit smoking and feel better - years on for many of us.

I have spoken to the reputable and famed juice maker Adirondack operating out of New York. They are shutting down as of the 4th of October. :(

How awful. How many people will be without jobs?? But the politicians make their fat arses comfortable on padded leather chairs and are driven around in fancy cars. Makes me sick.

Today I got annoyed with a old man . Just shows how the sheepeople walk amongst us . Im part of a archery club , we are a fairly small group of people and im the only one there that vapes and offcourse I make clouds but I try to respect the people and I always make sure my clouds is blowing away from everyone .

Today was different an older man started going mental when I greeted him . Here is some qoutes
" you people are killing yourself with these rubbish that you inhale "
" it is unhealty for the environment "
"You people are so dumb ....."

And then he said something , something very close to home .
I asked him if he as done any research and replied with cleary you are delusional and dont watch the news because Carte blanche reported on recent news of vaping .

According to him they also said that DIY coils and e juice is the main corporate in the mess

Now I can go on and on about this Oom I just ignored him and walked way .
Did somebody see the carle blanche in question ?
What can we do about it ?

What I see is that we talk, talk, talk on the forum. That isn't helping. Where is the VPA???? WHAT are they doing??? [USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP] perhaps you could contact them and ask them to contact Carte Blanche. I am sure that Carte Blanche would welcome another perspective from someone who is CALM and KNOWLEDGEABLE.

This should shut up alot of idiots

@SparkySA Unfortunately idiots tend to have noodles for brains and there is nothing that will shut them up.

As far as this report is concerned, it's a great pity that it was sponsored by Kilo as, being an international juice maker, they have a vested interest. If it had been sponsored by a neutral organisation it would carry weight.

In addition, in addition, Polosi's research consists of a cohort of only 9 people. That's not enough for significant results.

Like @ARYANTO said earlier, there is no pill for stupidity, and no one is more deaf than he who doesn’t want to hear.

I think some individuals should return their degrees, because an education is a gift, and comes with the responsibility of making sure of the facts!

Like @ARYANTO said earlier, there is no pill for stupidity, and no one is more deaf than he who doesn’t want to hear.

I think some individuals should return their degrees, because an education is a gift, and comes with the responsibility of making sure of the facts!

Their degree of ignorance caps any PhD - and we are going to bear the brunt of it.

English being my second language, I had to Google to get a better understanding of this article. And then I found the explanation

08319bcccd496c6bc90175db3632ce9d.jpg

ba81887dcfa9c10103b8adfec31a8b6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys I have a few legitimate questions

1. Flavors
If flavors are safe to consume - mouth - - stomach - - liver(filter) - - kidney(filter) according to studies are safe
If flavors are inhaled - mouth - - lungs (air filter)
Studies (unknown)
This would be a study that would legitimately peak my interest, in our mouths, throat and lungs we have some defence systems but not as extensive as liver and so on.

Now let's compare that to stinkys that's kind of irrelevant but something worth looking into

Edit: keep in mind I am a slow thinker, I research. Dig into alot of articles listen and the start asking questions

There have been a number of studies into flavours, and research is ongoing. Other than the minor risk of flavours that contain DAAP, there are some other concerns. They have tested airway cell deaths when flavours are passed over them and death counts vary widely by flavour. Cinnamon is not good, avoid if you can.

All tests show less cell deaths than tobacco smoke being passed over the same cells but the differences between smoke and vapour aren't as pronounced as they are in other chemical tests. So it's probably no more than a slight/moderate risk from what they have found so far. Still, if they can identify what flavouring chemicals are causing the most harm, they can probably work to minimise or eliminate those compounds in future flavour formulations. It's an area where FlavourArt are doing good work.

There have been a number of studies into flavours, and research is ongoing. Other than the minor risk of flavours that contain DAAP, there are some other concerns. They have tested airway cell deaths when flavours are passed over them and death counts vary widely by flavour. Cinnamon is not good, avoid if you can.

All tests show less cell deaths than tobacco smoke being passed over the same cells but the differences between smoke and vapour aren't as pronounced as they are in other chemical tests. So it's probably no more than a slight/moderate risk from what they have found so far. Still, if they can identify what flavouring chemicals are causing the most harm, they can probably work to minimise or eliminate those compounds in future flavour formulations. It's an area where FlavourArt are doing good work.
Sounds good the thing is with a bazillion flavors it would be good to figure out the problems before they happen because if 1 media ass hat finds out that e.g: ninja Flav is bad they will run with it and do more damage

Guys I have a few legitimate questions

1. Flavors
If flavors are safe to consume - mouth - - stomach - - liver(filter) - - kidney(filter) according to studies are safe
If flavors are inhaled - mouth - - lungs (air filter)
Studies (unknown)
This would be a study that would legitimately peak my interest, in our mouths, throat and lungs we have some defence systems but not as extensive as liver and so on.

Now let's compare that to stinkys that's kind of irrelevant but something worth looking into

Edit: keep in mind I am a slow thinker, I research. Dig into alot of articles listen and the start asking questions

@Sparky It's a pity that not everyone follows your example of reading/researching and asking questions. You're doing the right thing. I've also wondered about flavours but vaping has been around for about 10 years, and I think it was @Silver who said that if there had been any problems they would have surfaced by now.

But keep digging. So many people think that because we vape we close our eyes to what is going on, whereas the opposite is true. It's because we vape that we read everything that we come across.

@RichJB Ah yes, I'd forgotten about cinnamon. Thnx! Personally, I would still vape something with cinnamon in it, because it's not one of my favourite flavours, so I'd be unlikely to vape more than a tank or two. But vapers who enjoy cinnamon could perhaps proceed with caution.

The bottom line is, as you said, that whatever flavour we're vaping, it's still a healthier option than smoking.

@Sparky It's a pity that not everyone follows your example of reading/researching and asking questions. You're doing the right thing. I've also wondered about flavours but vaping has been around for about 10 years, and I think it was @Silver who said that if there had been any problems they would have surfaced by now.

But keep digging. So many people think that because we vape we close our eyes to what is going on, whereas the opposite is true. It's because we vape that we read everything that we come across.

Thanks @Hooked
I agree with you
And I also think its great you doing the research @SparkySA

From my understanding, flavours are safe to eat - because they originally are food grade that are used in foods.

But the stomach is an entirely different place to the lungs.

Inhaling these flavour molecules on a long-term basis may not appear to cause any harm - and it probably doesn't cause much harm (in my view) - but who knows what the long-term impacts are?

When smoking first started - I would imagine it took many years for scientists and doctors to discover that it's causing cancer. So even though vaping has been around for say 10 years and more mainstream the last 5 years or so - it might still take some time to discover what the impact of inhaling these food grade flavourings is.

My luck they will say menthol flavouring does something to the lung tissue over the long term...:eek:

In any event, I am quite confident that whatever the longer term risks are - they are MUCH less than smoking - so I am personally happy I converted my smoking into vaping for now.

Will be interesting to follow how the research on this goes...

Back