The Pi2 thread

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
As requested @Christos.

Really easy to build on this deck. Just cut the coil legs to the required lengths, insert and fasten.

Decided to try twisted 29 gauge SS304 on a 2.5 mm mandrel. Some 10 wraps came to 0.65 ohms. Slanted the coil to be able to use ceramic wicking.

OH6xPet.jpg
eBK4fyB.jpg

For the AFC they have a hard plastic type of insert attached to the top plate, which slides into the cap tube. The plastic extends to the drip tip hole, which presumably helps to prevent heat reaching your lips. The AFC sets very easily and is configured for both single and dual coils. I found the air flow to be extremely effective, maybe because of the lack of impeding posts. For MTL I really had to set it very small.

Lp2OZz3.jpg
yt6Usa0.jpg

The vape on the Pi2 is great with very good flavour. With the very effective air flow I am sure huge clouds can be produced. Oversquonking does lead to leaking via the air slots. @JakesSA's bf modding works perfectly and drainage is exemplary.

The big disappointment. The Pi2 leaks quite badly around the edges of the base. I observed juice in the grub screw holes and below the single o-ring. It seems strange that it does not have another o-ring below the grub screw holes. So, unfortunately, I had to dispatch this one to the gorge and cannot recommend it.

WIMr9Ly.jpg
95rvJuC.jpg

Last edited:
As requested @Christos.

Really easy to build on this deck. Just cut the coil legs to the required lengths, insert and fasten.

Decided to try twisted 29 gauge SS304 on a 2.5 mm mandrel. Some 10 wraps came to 0.65 ohms. Slanted the coil to be able to use ceramic wicking.

OH6xPet.jpg
eBK4fyB.jpg

For the AFC they have a hard plastic type of insert attached to the top plate, which slides into the cap tube. The plastic extends to the drip tip hole, which presumably helps to prevent heat reaching your lips. The AFC sets very easily and is configured for both single and dual coils. I found the air flow to be extremely effective, maybe because of the lack of impeding posts. For MTL I really had to set it very small.

Lp2OZz3.jpg
yt6Usa0.jpg

The vape on the Pi2 is great with very good flavour. With the very effective air flow I am sure huge clouds can be produced. Oversquonking does lead to leaking via the air slots.

The big disappointment. The Pi2 leaks quite badly around the edges of the base. I observed juice in the grub screw holes and below the single o-ring. It seems strange that it does not have another o-ring below the grub screw holes. So, unfortunately, I had to dispatch this one to the gorge and cannot recommend it.

WIMr9Ly.jpg
95rvJuC.jpg
Sad though because the postless design looks awesome.

Just a though but a top cap like the ones for the fishbone rda would be awesome on a reo and would assist in the over-squonk epidemic.
Even if the airhole were in the glass cap.
What puts me off the fishbone is the bottom airflow which would flood easily if over-squonked.

Just looking at the high placing of that o-ring brings to mind the phrase "badly thought out".
The ring should have been placed on virgin steel below the white delrin insert, indicated by the yellow line in the pic below, because the tiny gap between the steel and plastic will behave as a capillary wick.
Easy enough to fix, just machine a new groove and fit another o-ring, the top one can be left as is.
OH6xPet.jpg

How tight is the the seal, does it leak?
You mean the o-ring? Feels tight enough, but from the splatter pattern I looks as if some juice do come past the o-ring. Not sure of the main culprit - the o-ring or the grub screw passages, the latter being beneath the o-ring.

Thanks @Andre
Very well explained and super photos!
Much appreciated

Thanks for the feedback @Andre

The Pi2 is a great little RDA in my opinion.

With regard to the leaking from the o - rings, perhaps a change in the wick could help prevent it from happening as easily.

I try and put a fair amount of wick on mine in order to prevent the juice from overflowing and leaking through the o - rings.

Here is my wicking for single coil

1c2df1e6ce7a2472a779933f7be55f08.jpg

And for dual

3a47ee09295e36d531b0e461a3a69af9.jpg

Note: my pi2 is not bottom fed. I do also drip about 8 drops at a time. So this probably the reason I have not had much leaking.

Thanks for the feedback @Andre

The Pi2 is a great little RDA in my opinion.

With regard to the leaking from the o - rings, perhaps a change in the wick could help prevent it from happening as easily.

I try and put a fair amount of wick on mine in order to prevent the juice from overflowing and leaking through the o - rings.

Here is my wicking for single coil

1c2df1e6ce7a2472a779933f7be55f08.jpg

And for dual

3a47ee09295e36d531b0e461a3a69af9.jpg

Note: my pi2 is not bottom fed. I do also drip about 8 drops at a time. So this probably the reason I have not had much leaking.
Thank you for sharing your impressions. Imo it should not leak, full stop - no matter the wicking.

hey. where did you guys get these from?i got the evil monk. enjoying it but prefer the pi2

As requested @Christos.

OH6xPet.jpg
eBK4fyB.jpg

Lp2OZz3.jpg
yt6Usa0.jpg

The vape on the Pi2 is great with very good flavour. With the very effective air flow I am sure huge clouds can be produced. Oversquonking does lead to leaking via the air slots. @JakesSA's bf modding works perfectly and drainage is exemplary.

WIMr9Ly.jpg
95rvJuC.jpg
Too bad about the leaking cause I love building on it.Good for us afflicted w/C.S.S.

Something like this, I can maybe move that o-ring groove a tad lower .. I wonder if someone will come by to pick it up and take it for a test drive. :wasntme:

pienorings.jpg
pieworings.jpg

Back