The Reomiser 2

@Petrus - you champ!

This coil is in honour of you

View attachment 52295

I went with a single, using the 26g Ni80. 7 wraps around 1.6mm ID
Came out at about 0.35 ohms!! Eek, thats quite low i thought for such a small ID

My word, this is amazing!!

Still early days but first impressions are as follows:
  • Instant ramp
  • Crisp enough despite 26g
  • Vicious!!! Am vaping a 9mg juice (very low for me) and it has a decent TH. Am so chuffed about that
  • There is a "rumble in the jungle" - the phrase I use for what it sounds like when firing. This thing means business....
More to follow over the coming days....

Just hoping it holds out nicely but I am very excited. Its like discovering a whole new device!

#RM2_rocks_big_time!
#MTL_vapers_unite
@Silver. Glad you like. Now the fun starts.

Dynamite comes in small packages...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461510839.291082.jpg

Day 2 with the Ni80 0.35 ohm monster and it's still lovely. Firing with such attitude. Great flavour. This is a very good sign ;-)

Dynamite comes in small packages...

View attachment 52358

Day 2 with the Ni80 0.35 ohm monster and it's still lovely. Firing with such attitude. Great flavour. This is a very good sign ;-)
@Silver , glad you like, now you are going to neglect your kanthal wire. I did a 26ga, 1.5mm, dual coil on my Nuppin this morning. 0.3 ohm loading the lady with sweet bac from @Mike . Wow what a kick ass vape. My RM2 and Nuppin V2 attys are running on Reo Mini's and I must say this wire compliments this smaller battery.

@Silver , glad you like, now you are going to neglect your kanthal wire. I did a 26ga, 1.5mm, dual coil on my Nuppin this morning. 0.3 ohm loading the lady with sweet bac from @Mike . Wow what a kick ass vape. My RM2 and Nuppin V2 attys are running on Reo Mini's and I must say this wire compliments this smaller battery.
I only use kanthal in my goblin mini because it need a 2mm ID.
I have rolls and rolls of unused kanthal.

That sounds marvellous @Petrus
You must have done plenty wraps, because my 7 wrapper on 1.6mm ID was 0.35
If your dual came out at 0.3, it must mean you did about 14 wraps per coil?
I know the Nuppin has longer leg lengths - so maybe 10 wraps each coil? Am I right?

PS - @Petrus, the reason I am asking is that I was wondering how am I going to do a dual in the Nuppin with this Ni80. I don't want it to be much lower than about 0.3 or thereabouts. So am wondering how to do it.

PS - @Petrus, the reason I am asking is that I was wondering how am I going to do a dual in the Nuppin with this Ni80. I don't want it to be much lower than about 0.3 or thereabouts. So am wondering how to do it.
@Silver , My short leg, the one that enters the nuppin on the side is about 10mm long " the top of the coil is just above the air openings. I did 8 wraps per coil. So ja the legs are definitely longer than on the RM2 build. I completely forgot to take photo's. After building on the Nuppin I am so glad it is done and dusted no time for selfies.

@Silver , My short leg, the one that enters the nuppin on the side is about 10mm long " the top of the coil is just above the air openings. I did 8 wraps per coil. So ja the legs are definitely longer than on the RM2 build. I completely forgot to take photo's. After building on the Nuppin I am so glad it is done and dusted no time for selfies.
Oooo I forgot to mention. When your build come out at say 0.2 or 0.25 ohms, don't stress. After you dry burn the coil to check for dark spots do a ohm test again when the coil is blue, you will see the ohms will be anything between 0.3 and 0.35 ohm an this two builds (RM2 and Nuppin).

Ok thanks @Petrus
Will do that
I should retest my 0.35 ohmer on the ohm meter, now that its been used.
That reading i got was before firing it.

I need one of those coilmaster tab devices ;-)

@Silver, why not just use your coil wrap generator for a Nuppin' Ni80 build and their will be no guess work or surprises?

@Silver, why not just use your coil wrap generator for a Nuppin' Ni80 build and their will be no guess work or surprises?

I hear you @Spydro
But i think if my RM2 Ni80 coil came out at 0.35, then with extra leg length and one or two extra wraps, the nuppin coil will be say 0.5. However its dual, so the two will be 0.25 and I am not so sure I want to go that low because my batteries are now pretty old and the battery fleet renewal program has not yet commenced ;-)

I hear you @Spydro
But i think if my RM2 Ni80 coil came out at 0.35, then with extra leg length and one or two extra wraps, the nuppin coil will be say 0.5. However its dual, so the two will be 0.25 and I am not so sure I want to go that low because my batteries are now pretty old and the battery fleet renewal program has not yet commenced ;-)

So with same gauge/form size make the coil longer or wrap it on a larger form, or use a different gauge of Ni80 on the original form size to get a net higher ohm build. The point being that with the generator there is zero guess work. You can put in ALL the values you want from wire gauge X and wire type X to the net ohms wanted for a dual/parallel coil, on the form size you want to wrap it on, needing X length of legs, etc and it will tell you how many wraps. Then adjust a factor you put in if needed for whatever reason.

After @jifjifjif mentioned drilling another air hole and running dual coils I couldn't wait. This is a crude build 6 wraps 28 gauge around blue screwdriver. Works greatIMG_20160430_195759.jpg

I'm eager and impulsive like that too. For me, it's likely ADD. I've decided to find it charming.

I hear you @Spydro
If you have decent batteries I. E sony vtc 4 or samsung I don't see a problem running a 0.25 ohm build( roughly 15A off the top of my head). Your battery will discharge quickly but worth a try.
FWIW I don't like going below .4 ohms on a reo, not because it can't be handled it but because you need decent airflow to keep it cool to the lips.
I'm also not a big fan of dual coils but because it's a challenge to get both coils glowing equally but because it's a real challenge to squonk with both eyes on both air holes without oversquonking.

I've moved away from duals, myself. These days I much prefer any size (.3 - .7 ohm) single coils, even in bigger atties that are screaming for duals.

The RM2 has to be the most easily modified atty for air. Its brass cap makes for simple work to either enlarge the existing hole or add another (which I still like for beefier single coils). It's a real workhorse and one of the best ways to get acquainted with all things REO.

They maybe don't last so long with repeated abuse, but hey, they're cheap and readily available. I think they were a wonderful "house atty" mate for Rob O'N and triggered the modern era of REOism (heh - the neoreo?).

I've moved away from duals, myself. These days I much prefer any size (.3 - .7 ohm) single coils, even in bigger atties that are screaming for duals.

The RM2 has to be the most easily modified atty for air. Its brass cap makes for simple work to either enlarge the existing hole or add another (which I still like for beefier single coils). It's a real workhorse and one of the best ways to get acquainted with all things REO.

They maybe don't last so long with repeated abuse, but hey, they're cheap and readily available. I think they were a wonderful "house atty" mate for Rob O'N and triggered the modern era of REOism (heh - the neoreo?).

RM2 rocks @Papa_Lazarou !
Such a dependable little workhorse....

RM2 rocks @Papa_Lazarou !
Such a dependable little workhorse....
Same can be said of a cyclone.
Besides great flavor the deck is easy with single coil builds and no rusting. I have owned a considerably amount of clone attys and without fail they all rust. The cyclone is in use daily for over 6 months without a hint of rust.
Even my lemo 1's have developed rust and are no longer in use.
If you need spares @Silver I'm happy to assist.
I trust the RM2 to be equally dependable.

Same can be said of a cyclone.
Besides great flavor the deck is easy with single coil builds and no rusting. I have owned a considerably amount of clone attys and without fail they all rust. The cyclone is in use daily for over 6 months without a hint of rust.
Even my lemo 1's have developed rust and are no longer in use.
If you need spares @Silver I'm happy to assist.
I trust the RM2 to be equally dependable.

My RM2s have been going daily for two years and not a single problem. I have yet to replace the post screws! Very dependable for me. I build new coils far less these days so they just get new wicks after about 6ml. And a good rinse every now and then. But so far so good.

My Lemo1 has held up so well. I am quite surprised. No rust. Its been going for about a year in daily use.

Thanks for the offer of spares. Is that for the RM2?

My RM2s have been going daily for two years and not a single problem. I have yet to replace the post screws! Very dependable for me. I build new coils far less these days so they just get new wicks after about 6ml. And a good rinse every now and then. But so far so good.

My Lemo1 has held up so well. I am quite surprised. No rust. Its been going for about a year in daily use.

Thanks for the offer of spares. Is that for the RM2?
Nope, I don't own any rm2's but I own 2 lemo 1's.
I used the lemo for about a year. I loved them while in service.
I have the packets of o rings and the glass if needs be.

Nope, I don't own any rm2's but I own 2 lemo 1's.
I used the lemo for about a year. I loved them while in service.
I have the packets of o rings and the glass if needs be.

Thanks @Christos - i might be interested in that
Will let you know, thanks for that.
By the way, were you at the last JHB Vape Meet on 5 March? Dont recall seeing you there...

Thanks @Christos - i might be interested in that
Will let you know, thanks for that.
By the way, were you at the last JHB Vape Meet on 5 March? Dont recall seeing you there...
Nope, I tend to stay away from large crowds but I have been warned by the fines master that if I'm not at this year's vapecon I'm going to be in a heap of trouble.

Nope, I tend to stay away from large crowds but I have been warned by the fines master that if I'm not at this year's vapecon I'm going to be in a heap of trouble.

Oh ok, i was wondering!
No worries @Christos - maybe we will have to organise a ribs lunch - lol

Back