The Velocity Thread

Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
Despite @Kaizer's words of caution about the size of the Velocity, it looked so interesting I had to give it a try. And @Sir Vape complied promptly.

This clone (Ivogo) comes with a bottom feed pin separately. The one in place consist of two parts - a smaller copper/brass adjustable screw and the the center pin, which also screws out. It screws into the foot of the positive post to help hold that post in place.

First I used my Dremel to cut off the top part of the bf pin - about 0.5 mm above the threads to ensure I do not damage the threads. Otherwise it would leave an ocean of juice in the well. Still leaves a layer of juice as the foot of the positive pin raises the squonk hole by about 1.5 mm. Do not know why the bf pin is so long as the non-bf one does not have that extra length.

6yDwb7O.jpg

The posts of the Velocity begs for vertical coils. I duly obeyed. Five wraps of 28 g Kanthal on a 2.5 mm ID mandrel came to 0.52 ohms.

NcxMxmB.jpg

Wicked with 3 mm Ceramic. The length of the atty makes space for a lot of wicking in the vertical position, which makes for less squonking.

7xCtTYa.jpg

Fills and drains quite adequately, but not mad about the juice layer remaining in the well. The well is big and it takes a lot of juice.

9MyUPcn.jpg

It is huge and has an overhang. On here you can see 3 of the 6 air holes going around the atomizer. They are all open or all partially closed or all fully closed. In the later case you have to use the horizontal air slots, which you cannot see in the picture directly below. Of course you can use both sets as well. With the big well, you are unlikely to have any leaking, even through the horizontal air slots. If you close these slots and only use the air holes above them, leaking is even less likely.

wnm9AYS.jpg

Here you can see the horizontal air slots. Only two of these. You can partially or fully close them.

ckS9hjS.jpg

The Velocity comes with a huge bore drip tip, but also with a drip tip adapter on which you can fit your normal drip tip of choice.

Ss9SvdA.jpg

The Vape: It kicks like a mule, no matter what airflow you use. Too hectic for me at 0.5 ohms. The flavour is excellent and clouds can be as big as you like. I think direct to lung hitters will enjoy the Velocity.

If you can live with the size and some juice remaining in the well, this is a very good atomizer imo. Too big for me, shall use it as a backup. Quality seems good, could not pick up anything untoward.

Last edited:
Nice review @Andre. I bought this Atty for my REO but the REO is going through a makeover so it should be back by next week. I built a horizontal 24g dual microcoil 9 wrap 2.5mm I'd and the flavor is too much. I can see myself diluting juices to enjoy this Atty. I'll have to bring out the dremel to modify that centre pin. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Fantastic review @Andre
Great pictures and very well explained
I like the sounds of the throat hit!

Damn, you give me so much to contemplate and more work to do ;-)
Only kidding - just giving us more informed vaping options on our Reos

I love it, one of the best drippers i had by far.
When i heard the hype of the velocity i had to try it myself to see what the fuss is... because im sure it couldn't be as great as the hype. And i mean the Original Velocity price range is from $100-110 which i think is ridiculous for a dripper... but daaaaammmnnnnn this beast is insane, it has the perfect blend between flavour and cloud production with all airholes open.

When you go to flavour chase mode my word it still chucks the clouds but with flavour so intense you cant help but have a solid 30min chain vaping session. This is really worth a try and a buy guys Thanx @Sir Vape for my sexy black edition and Thanx @KieranD for my black IPV3 Li.
These two go together like twins at birth lol

I know this post is abit informal compared to @Andre with a spot on review and i know it isn't in BF conversion, but i just thought I'd share my venture with my velocity :D
20150709_085244.jpg 20150709_172838-1.jpg 20150709_173054-1.jpg 20150709_090350.jpg 20150709_173335.jpg

Next to build a nickel build and see how it performs on my current setup.

I love it, one of the best drippers i had by far.
When i heard the hype of the velocity i had to try it myself to see what the fuss is... because im sure it couldn't be as great as the hype. And i mean the Original Velocity price range is from $100-110 which i think is ridiculous for a dripper... but daaaaammmnnnnn this beast is insane, it has the perfect blend between flavour and cloud production with all airholes open.

When you go to flavour chase mode my word it still chucks the clouds but with flavour so intense you cant help but have a solid 30min chain vaping session. This is really worth a try and a buy guys Thanx @Sir Vape for my sexy black edition and Thanx @KieranD for my black IPV3 Li.
These two go together like twins at birth lol

I know this post is abit informal compared to @Andre with a spot on review and i know it isn't in BF conversion, but i just thought I'd share my venture with my velocity :D
View attachment 31083 View attachment 31084 View attachment 31085 View attachment 31082 View attachment 31086

Next to build a nickel build and see how it performs on my current setup.
Great stuff. Thank you for adding to our information base, much appreciated.

What gauge wire did you use? Coil ID and resistance and preferred power? Is that Rayon?

Great stuff. Thank you for adding to our information base, much appreciated.

What gauge wire did you use? Coil ID and resistance and preferred power? Is that Rayon?

Thank You Bud.

I used 20g Vapowire 3mm ID and came about to 0.17 (what i love about the new SX chips is the extra decimal=) ) with Koh Gen Do Jap cotton. Honestly i prefer it at 90watts, i have tried the 165 and 200 watts but its just too intense. But 90watts is perfect for me with all air slots open half.
Only have the velocity for a day now and quite impressed, but now i will spend sometime to pick up the flaws of the dripper. Will supply feedback guys :call:

22g 3.5mm ID 5 wraps @0.15Ω
Will be ordering me another one soon cause she is a BEAST:whip:

20150710_140448_.jpg

20150710_140451_.jpg

I will recommend this to anyone looking to buy an RDA. You have the best of both worlds, clouds for dayzzzzz and flavour and ohhhh boy she got them:* flavour:*:* flavour:*:* flavour:*

I named her fluff my muff (not sure why it just popped in my head while I had my 1st vape of her):rofl:

I bought one of these s few days ago, based on @Paulie recommending it. Fantastic RDA, awesome flavour, and it's real easy to select from a multitude of airflow options. I've been using a non bf version on a dual box mod.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
I bought one of these s few days ago, based on @Paulie recommending it. Fantastic RDA, awesome flavour, and it's real easy to select from a multitude of airflow options. I've been using s non bf version on a dual box mod.
Sent from iPhone
Gave me an idea, @Alex. The Velocity gives such good flavour decided to revert back to dripper style and use it to taste juices. Onto my IPV2, loaded with Cigarillos from House of Liquids (15 mg). All air vents fully open. Wow, great vape, but still kicks my @ss. Now time for a fire, steak and red wine to be able to really appreciate this authentic cigar juice.

AJnMi4P.jpg

Despite @Kaizer's words of caution about the size of the Velocity, it looked so interesting I had to give it a try. And @Sir Vape complied promptly.

This clone (Ivogo) comes with a bottom feed pin separately. The one in place consist of two parts - a smaller copper/brass adjustable screw and the the center pin, which also screws out. It screws into the foot of the positive post to help hold that post in place.

First I used my Dremel to cut off the top part of the bf pin - about 0.5 mm above the threads to ensure I do not damage the threads. Otherwise it would leave an ocean of juice in the well. Still leaves a layer of juice as the foot of the positive pin raises the squonk hole by about 1.5 mm. Do not know why the bf pin is so long as the non-bf one does not have that extra length.

6yDwb7O.jpg

The posts of the Velocity begs for vertical coils. I duly obeyed. Five wraps of 28 g Kanthal on a 2.5 mm ID mandrel came to 0.52 ohms.

NcxMxmB.jpg

Wicked with 3 mm Ceramic. The length of the atty makes space for a lot of wicking in the vertical position, which makes for less squonking.

7xCtTYa.jpg

Fills and drains quite adequately, but not mad about the juice layer remaining in the well. The well is big and it takes a lot of juice.

9MyUPcn.jpg

It is huge and has an overhang. On here you can see 3 of the 6 air holes going around the atomizer. They are all open or all partially closed or all fully closed. In the later case you have to use the horizontal air slots, which you cannot see in the picture directly below. Of course you can use both sets as well. With the big well, you are unlikely to have any leaking, even through the horizontal air slots. If you close these slots and only use the air holes above them, leaking is even less likely.

wnm9AYS.jpg

Here you can see the horizontal air slots. Only two of these. You can partially or fully close them.

ckS9hjS.jpg

The Velocity comes with a huge bore drip tip, but also with a drip tip adapter on which you can fit your normal drip tip of choice.

Ss9SvdA.jpg

The Vape: It kicks like a mule, no matter what airflow you use. Too hectic for me at 0.5 ohms. The flavour is excellent and clouds can be as big as you like. I think direct to lung hitters will enjoy the Velocity.

If you can live with the size and some juice remaining in the well, this is a very good atomizer imo. Too big for me, shall use it as a backup. Quality seems good, could not pick up anything untoward.
Nicely done sir. For a self proclaimed diy non enthusiast your dremel is doing some service.

Help !!!
How many wraps would I need to do using 28g Pure Nickel on a 2.5 mm and 26g Pure Nickel

Aim is for about 0.12 - 0.15ohms dual coils

Device
VapeShark
Velocity RDA

@Andre @Alex @Silver

@Andre nice coils as always . It looks like an atty that i would like . How does it compare to an odin Andre ?

@Andre nice coils as always . It looks like an atty that i would like . How does it compare to an odin Andre ?
Flavour is much better than that of the Odin, I think. But, will have to try more juices in it to make sure.

Lovin this RDA, gives you so much freedom to build coils.

Some random shots of builds i have tried.
IMG_20150714_095826.jpg

This build seems good but was a pain in the ass to crimp and the top cotton seemed to heat up too fast while the juice well was still full of juice. 3 vertical coils 7 wrap 24g Kanthal 3mm ID coming in at 0.22 Ohms. Vapour production was very good but a really strong throat hit. 3 mg juice seemed to be as harsh as 9mg juice on 120watts.

IMG_20150714_101308.jpg

This build seemed to work out much better, the airflow and all was good, a very smooth and soft vape with lots of clouds and flavour.
Sweet spot is 100watts on 0.35 ohms 3 horizontal coils 8 wrap 24g Kanthal 3mm ID.
Really having lots of fun with this RDA, wish i could upload vids :(

20150713_204628-1.jpg 20150713_203830-1.jpg 20150713_203753-1.jpg 20150712_102051-1.jpg 20150712_102022-1.jpg

That is some impressive building there @Achmat89
My ADV is mint, in this atty it tastes like sweet water!

LOL sweet water is a good thing i take it?
The flavour in this RDA is really good, i mean it has a more bold full feeling in my mouth. i cant really explain, but its great:D:D

Rebuilt the coil to a vertical and changed juice to the kilo cereal. Tastes better, but not as sweet as the billow and the same juice... Time to rebuild again tonight!

Lovin this RDA, gives you so much freedom to build coils.

Some random shots of builds i have tried.
View attachment 31336

This build seems good but was a pain in the ass to crimp and the top cotton seemed to heat up too fast while the juice well was still full of juice. 3 vertical coils 7 wrap 24g Kanthal 3mm ID coming in at 0.22 Ohms. Vapour production was very good but a really strong throat hit. 3 mg juice seemed to be as harsh as 9mg juice on 120watts.

View attachment 31337

This build seemed to work out much better, the airflow and all was good, a very smooth and soft vape with lots of clouds and flavour.
Sweet spot is 100watts on 0.35 ohms 3 horizontal coils 8 wrap 24g Kanthal 3mm ID.
Really having lots of fun with this RDA, wish i could upload vids :(

View attachment 31335 View attachment 31334 View attachment 31333 View attachment 31332 View attachment 31331
Wow, impressive - you are a coil master of note:clap::clap::clap:

So from the moment I saw the velocity I just knew I had to build a quad coil in that beauty and vape the shite out of her......and I did!!

4 x 26g kanthal seven wraps per coil...spaced coils (I just love spaced coils)
Comes out at .22 ohms and vaping her at 70 watts with only indirect airflow holes open.
She chucks the clouds and the flavor is just awesome!! Love this atty!

Here are some pics of my build

IMG_20150714_130811%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130820%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130822%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130837%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130844%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_132132%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_132129%20Custom.jpg

That all said and done, I still prefer my Pollux RDA over this one. The velocity is really a nice atty and the flavor is awesome, but the Pollux is better for me. Just switched between the two a few times. Also had two more different builds in the velocity after the one in the pics, but the Pollux still beats it.
I will hold on the the Velocity and use it on another mod from time to time.
Great atty!

Now to start checking out that Billow v2 RTA!

Last edited:
Three builds in the same atty in the space of a few hours, wow - I build maybe one coil a month. That looks great. Coil master material no doubt.
Now I need to know more about this Pollux. Where did you get it from? Is it bf?

No it's not BF, but the two that I have on the way will be converted to BF.

You can check it out here http://www.kidneypuncher.com/pollux-rda-by-fog-monsterz/

and here https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10012618/2173102

I have the clone from FT, but it's brilliant. The secret of this atty lies in the top part of the atty. There's a lip in there that you can't see where the huge drip tip sits down in. No spitback and that lip makes the chamber really small. The flavor on it is just really good for me. It can also chuck some huge clouds.

Back