The Velocity Thread

c2b5b17b19657f9f95f2eded1cd4f156.jpg

I got one of the origin v1 atties. Had it bottom fed a work. Wasn't really a fan of the BF attachment height.
Seems I managed to get a good flavour build in. 26g 6 wraps on a 3mm ID 0.52ohm

So I built a clapton coils in the velocity last night but I was not impressed.

Today I build vertical coils and I am very impressed.

9 wraps
22 awg
2.5 mm ID
.2 ohms
Japanese cotton.

Lovely flavour and very very dense clouds. The kind of clouds that makes wife shout because the density blocks the tv view :DEVILMAN:
Side note: the Sony vtc is not currently in the mod. I replaced it with a efest 35Amp.20150827_125611.jpg 20150827_125550.jpg 20150827_123343.jpg

So I built a clapton coils in the velocity last night but I was not impressed.

Today I build vertical coils and I am very impressed.

9 wraps
22 awg
2.5 mm ID
.2 ohms
Japanese cotton.

Lovely flavour and very very dense clouds. The kind of clouds that makes wife shout because the density blocks the tv view :DEVILMAN:
Side note: the Sony vtc is not currently in the mod. I replaced it with a efest 35Amp.View attachment 34622 View attachment 34623 View attachment 34624
Great coiling. I too like vertical coils in the Velocity, but my 28 g ones look puny compared to those 22 gs - lots of real estate to form clouds.

I should really try the verticals in one of mh Velocity rda's. How's the ramp up on the 9 wraps @Christos?

I should really try the verticals in one of mh Velocity rda's. How's the ramp up on the 9 wraps @Christos?

I don't notice any delay from pressing the button and vaping. Instant clouds!

I did have some serious ramp up time with a clapton build in the velocity.

Wonder if 3mm will ramp up longer. I prefer 3mm, currently running 3.5mm, 6 wrap 22 awg horizontal coils in one of mine on the Dimitri

Wonder if 3mm will ramp up longer. I prefer 3mm, currently running 3.5mm, 6 wrap 22 awg horizontal coils in one of mine on the Dimitri
Ill give that a try possibly tomorrow or Saturday as I have a decent vape now and don't want to mess with a good thing unless I have to.

I would probably use 7 or 6 wraps on a 3mm ID.

Got mine yesterday (the tobeco) and having problems getting it to perform.
I've tried 7 wrap nickel 28g, titanium 26g, claptons 26g (all horizontal builds) and it's not working very well.
I'm getting heat but not much vapour, and the vape is very harsh (not dry hits)

Any ideas? I have cleaned the rda by soaking in vodka overnight and then boiling water.

That vertical build looks great, where does the top part of the wick go? Does it reach the deck after it's folded?

Got mine yesterday (the tobeco) and having problems getting it to perform.
I've tried 7 wrap nickel 28g, titanium 26g, claptons 26g (all horizontal builds) and it's not working very well.
I'm getting heat but not much vapour, and the vape is very harsh (not dry hits)

Any ideas? I have cleaned the rda by soaking in vodka overnight and then boiling water.

That vertical build looks great, where does the top part of the wick go? Does it reach the deck after it's folded?
Just fold it into the centre having the bottom wick in the juice well. The top wick doesn't really have to be long.

On my Marquis I snip the top wick about 1-2mm from the coil. It wicks fine from the bottom

So, after reading about it I decide to try the vertical coil in the Velocity. My Ohm meter is ISM (in sy moer) but it is at 9 wraps, 22 awg, 2.5mm (had to hunt fr a drill bit, my screwdriver is 2.4mm). Much less spit back than a vertical build so far, flavor is about to me. My other Velocity is setup with horizontal 22 awg, 6 wraps at 3.5mm.

20150827_182512_resized.jpg 20150827_182520_resized.jpg 20150827_182846_resized.jpg 20150827_183338_resized.jpg

Much less spit back than a vertical build so far, flavor is about to me.
Some Typonese there I cannot interpret:). Presume you mean spit back is less than on the horizontal coils? The "flavor is about to me" has me stumped!

Some Typonese there I cannot interpret:). Presume you mean spit back is less than on the horizontal coils? The "flavor is about to me" has me stumped!

I was also trying to decipher that.
I'm hating that the area around the air holes gets full of juice so quickly.
That alone makes me want to bench the velocity and use the derringer.

I think the excitement of those vertical coils got the better of him there for a second :)

I was also trying to decipher that.
I'm hating that the area around the air holes gets full of juice so quickly.
That alone makes me want to bench the velocity and use the derringer.
Agree, one of the reasons I use it as a normal dripper only and prefer the Rogues on my Reos. You will probably then like the Sapor - also top airflow and no leaking at all. Wonder if @JakesSA could bf them for us?

I think I must put the velocity on my dual mech box mod after changing it to the non bf positive pin.

I needed an excuse to use the other great gear because it is sitting in the cuboard all alone and neglected. I bought the box mod about a week before I got the reo.

What a sad sad story.

:D :D :D
I meant less spitback than the horizontal coils, yes, and the flavor is about the same to me on both setups. What juice are you referring to @Christos? No more leaking in my Velocity than the Derringer really

:D :D :D
I meant less spitback than the horizontal coils, yes, and the flavor is about the same to me on both setups. What juice are you referring to @Christos? No more leaking in my Velocity than the Derringer really
The derringer just needs a wipe daily by the air holes. The velocity needs constant wiping. 1440748926294-1871027285.jpg
I use diy juice 40/60 pg/vg
Picture to show effect.

@Viper_SA I'm not going to build 22 awg 3mm ID because I put 5 wraps clapton in the velocity a moment ago. Very nice flavour and very angry wife due to the vapour density.
In my opinion the velocity seems better suited not as a bottom feed RDA.
Probably not the place to post a pic of my setups but here goes.
20150828_134741.jpg

Like the tip on ypur Plum Veil ;)

Thank you. I got it from vapeclub. Custom made apparently but I have no idea who made it.

So after having zero luck with the tobeco clone from @JakesSA at vapeclub, I did some investigating - tried to tighten the 510 pin and it doesn't tighten, just rotates endlessly - the pin is stripped!

Pretty bad show considering it's new, and I'd never taken a screwdriver to the thing before.

D
So after having zero luck with the tobeco clone from @JakesSA at vapeclub, I did some investigating - tried to tighten the 510 pin and it doesn't tighten, just rotates endlessly - the pin is stripped!

Pretty bad show considering it's new, and I'd never taken a screwdriver to the thing before.
That's a real bummer :(

Back