The Velocity Thread

So from the moment I saw the velocity I just knew I had to build a quad coil in that beauty and vape the shite out of her......and I did!!

4 x 26g kanthal seven wraps per coil...spaced coils (I just love spaced coils)
Comes out at .22 ohms and vaping her at 70 watts with only indirect airflow holes open.
She chucks the clouds and the flavor is just awesome!! Love this atty!

Here are some pics of my build

IMG_20150714_130811%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130820%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130822%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130837%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_130844%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_132132%20Custom.jpg

IMG_20150714_132129%20Custom.jpg

That all said and done, I still prefer my Pollux RDA over this one. The velocity is really a nice atty and the flavor is awesome, but the Pollux is better for me. Just switched between the two a few times. Also had two more different builds in the velocity after the one in the pics, but the Pollux still beats it.
I will hold on the the Velocity and use it on another mod from time to time.
Great atty!

Now to start checking out that Billow v2 RTA!

Impressive @zadiac:clap::rock:, isn't the kick abit too hard?
Was this build more in favour of flavour or the cloud?

Yes, I am - now my official tasting dripper.

Im thinking i should consider going from dripping to squonking as the velocity eats juice and i tend to mess the juice all around the bottom of the atty on to the mod.
SQUONKING FTW

Impressive @zadiac:clap::rock:, isn't the kick abit too hard?
Was this build more in favour of flavour or the cloud?

Yes, the kick is hard, but you take it down a few watts and it's real good. The flavor is awesome. I really like this atty. The build was in favor of flavor, but the clouds are awesome too.

I've done the same build in my Pollux as well and it made the flavor even better. I like quad builds. Always have.

Im thinking i should consider going from dripping to squonking as the velocity eats juice and i tend to mess the juice all around the bottom of the atty on to the mod.
SQUONKING FTW
I am a die hard squonker - it is awesome. Go for it. I re-converted this one to dripper mode because my setup on it just kicked me too hard on the Reo, and I do not want to re-coil because the ceramic wick is very expensive. On my IPV2 it is now perfect at around 15 W and fills my need for a tasting device.

I am a die hard squonker - it is awesome. Go for it. I re-converted this one to dripper mode because my setup on it just kicked me too hard on the Reo, and I do not want to re-coil because the ceramic wick is very expensive. On my IPV2 it is now perfect at around 15 W and fills my need for a tasting device.

But is the draw not too airy when vaping on 15w? Is it possible to do lung hits on a REO or is that made specifically for mouth to lung.

Thanx @Alex for the medal you rock buddy:rock::clap:

Yes, the kick is hard, but you take it down a few watts and it's real good. The flavor is awesome. I really like this atty. The build was in favor of flavor, but the clouds are awesome too.

I've done the same build in my Pollux as well and it made the flavor even better. I like quad builds. Always have.

This Pollux of yours sounds quite interesting, haven't heard of this atty before. Think i should watch some review vids.

I am yet to make quad coils lol seem like a battery killer:nod::shake::think:

But is the draw not too airy when vaping on 15w? Is it possible to do lung hits on a REO or is that made specifically for mouth to lung.

Thanx @Alex for the medal you rock buddy:rock::clap:
No, the Reo can accommodate any hit. It is more dependent on the atomizer and with the wide choice we now have there are many that are perfect for direct to lung hits, e.g. Odin, Derringer, Nuppin, Cyclops, Velocity, etc.
Not too airy for me my at 15W, but I might not be the norm.

Congratulations on your Coil Master medal:clap::clap::clap:.

No, the Reo can accommodate any hit. It is more dependent on the atomizer and with the wide choice we now have there are many that are perfect for direct to lung hits, e.g. Odin, Derringer, Nuppin, Cyclops, Velocity, etc.
Not too airy for me my at 15W, but I might not be the norm.

Congratulations on your Coil Master medal:clap::clap::clap:.

Ahhh i see, thought maybe because the reo is practically a mech(correct me if wrong) the lung hits would be too intense.
I have tried quite a few mechs and on a fully charged battery my lungs get the fright of its life hahahaha:wondering:
I must get used to the whole mouth to lung hit as i try and do it on my dripper and nearly coughed a lung out lol. Weird thing is i only vape 3mg, I'm thinking it might be to low if i squonk??

Ahhh i see, thought maybe because the reo is practically a mech(correct me if wrong) the lung hits would be too intense.
I have tried quite a few mechs and on a fully charged battery my lungs get the fright of its life hahahaha:wondering:
I must get used to the whole mouth to lung hit as i try and do it on my dripper and nearly coughed a lung out lol. Weird thing is i only vape 3mg, I'm thinking it might be to low if i squonk??
You just build the coil so that the resistance suits your style, whether single or dual coils.

Hi @Achmat89 , when you tried a mech and your lungs got the fright of their life, what resistance was the coil?

Hi @Achmat89 , when you tried a mech and your lungs got the fright of their life, what resistance was the coil?

Was at 0.3 ohm, 24g 3mm ID dual coils, i think i just didn't expect it to fire so instantly. I'm not really to sure how the ohms law works on the mech compared to a regulated mod. Is there a difference?

Was at 0.3 ohm, 24g 3mm ID dual coils, i think i just didn't expect it to fire so instantly. I'm not really to sure how the ohms law works on the mech compared to a regulated mod. Is there a difference?
The difference is that on the regulated device you can set your power (Watts), no matter the resistance of your coil/s - in simplified terms. With the mech you must build your coil/s to get a range of power that suits your style.

At 0.3 ohms on a fully charged battery (4.2V) your power will be almost 60W, but the hit will be tempered by the duals as the 60W is divided between the 2 coils. As the battery runs down to around 3.7/8V (average where peeps swap out batteries) the power will end up at around 50W. So, you will be vaping in the range between 50 - 60W.

This is the basics I think. Of course other considerations come into play, e.g. limiting factors on your regulated device, power from a mech is usually a more direct power, etc.

I have always thought that for dual coils you must go to at least 0.6 ohms to get a decent vape, but recently from a remark on the ECF forum I built 0.9 ohm dual coil, but with 30 gauge wire - and an awesome vape.

Hi @Achmat89

@Andre explained it perfectly

0.3 on a mech with duals is quite rough.
If you built a 0.5, you would see its much less harsh

The difference is that on the regulated device you can set your power (Watts), no matter the resistance of your coil/s - in simplified terms. With the mech you must build your coil/s to get a range of power that suits your style.

At 0.3 ohms on a fully charged battery (4.2V) your power will be almost 60W, but the hit will be tempered by the duals as the 60W is divided between the 2 coils. As the battery runs down to around 3.7/8V (average where peeps swap out batteries) the power will end up at around 50W. So, you will be vaping in the range between 50 - 60W.

This is the basics I think. Of course other considerations come into play, e.g. limiting factors on your regulated device, power from a mech is usually a more direct power, etc.

I have always thought that for dual coils you must go to at least 0.6 ohms to get a decent vape, but recently from a remark on the ECF forum I built 0.9 ohm dual coil, but with 30 gauge wire - and an awesome vape.
Hi @Achmat89

@Andre explained it perfectly

0.3 on a mech with duals is quite rough.
If you built a 0.5, you would see its much less harsh

Thanks guys that cleared alot up, basically your coils determine the power you will get from the battery?
Im still abit two minded on buying a mech, I'm all for living life on the edge... but i love vaping too much to have to give up on it if something bad happens.
So i rather want to get as much info as possible before going this route.

With my IPV2s that i had i always aimed for about 0.7 to 1 ohm on about 50watts because i feel more power coming through(higher volts) but surprisingly a smooth warm vape, where as with the mech its just damn right rude on a 0.3(thinking it would be smoother because it would be warmer) LOL:giggle:

Thanks again guys @Andre @Silver

:mad:;(

So I tried using thicker gauge wire and I think I've broken my Velocity.
The post where the peek insulator and pin is looks bent keep getting "short" reading on my Sigelei.

What gauge wire did you use?

Thanks guys that cleared alot up, basically your coils determine the power you will get from the battery?
Im still abit two minded on buying a mech, I'm all for living life on the edge... but i love vaping too much to have to give up on it if something bad happens.
So i rather want to get as much info as possible before going this route.

With my IPV2s that i had i always aimed for about 0.7 to 1 ohm on about 50watts because i feel more power coming through(higher volts) but surprisingly a smooth warm vape, where as with the mech its just damn right rude on a 0.3(thinking it would be smoother because it would be warmer) LOL:giggle:

Thanks again guys @Andre @Silver
Just to set your mind at rest - the Reo has a hot spring. It will collapse and break the battery contact if you have a short. Quite a few members on here can attest that it actually works. And no bigger vent than on the Reo - the squonk hole! And it will not break if it falls.
In your case the biggest pros will be that you have 6 ml juice on tap (Reo Grand) and you will not have the mess and hassle of dripping.

:mad:;(

So I tried using thicker gauge wire and I think I've broken my Velocity.
The post where the peek insulator and pin is looks bent keep getting "short" reading on my Sigelei.

If I'm not mistaken, the first run of these devices had a two piece positive design. The positive post screwed into the bottom part.

Just to set your mind at rest - the Reo has a hot spring. It will collapse and break the battery contact if you have a short. Quite a few members on here can attest that it actually works. And no bigger vent than on the Reo - the squonk hole! And it will not break if it falls.
In your case the biggest pros will be that you have 6 ml juice on tap (Reo Grand) and you will not have the mess and hassle of dripping.

Very convenient and efficient. Especially while driving, squonk squonk and puff:smoke:

If I'm not mistaken, the first run of these devices had a two piece positive design. The positive post screwed into the bottom part.
The one I bought from Sir Vape is like that. And has a bf pin. Is your positive post fixed?

Back