The Velocity Thread

Bummer. I ordered one from Focalecig, forgot about it when it didn't turn up and got the Ivogo clone from Sir Vape. Then, after many mang weeks, the other showed up. Cost me R204 incl shipping tax. Quality is every bit as good as the Ivogo, if not better. Maybe try and re-tap the female side and get a new pin that fits?

Great coiling. I too like vertical coils in the Velocity, but my 28 g ones look puny compared to those 22 gs - lots of real estate to form clouds.
Good to know,i got one on order

So after having zero luck with the tobeco clone from @JakesSA at vapeclub, I did some investigating - tried to tighten the 510 pin and it doesn't tighten, just rotates endlessly - the pin is stripped!

Pretty bad show considering it's new, and I'd never taken a screwdriver to the thing before.

Hi @method1, did you arrange for a swap out?

My first Quad coil build...
26g Kanthal, 9 wraps,
2.5mm ID, 0.29 ohms (aimed for 0.3)
If it wasn't for the Velocitys easy build deck I wouldn't be trying these silly things. Much fun was had...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job @skola how's it vape?
Thanks. When I had the direct airflow open all the way, it didn't get too hot. Still can't make up my mind if it has better flavour than a dual coil build, gonna test them side my side.. But flavour is still full on from the crazy amount of dense vapour it produces. I need more power was hitting it at 75w and I think it can go higher...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else had an issue with the grub screws stripping? There are a few spares that came in the box so that's cool but I'm kind of worried that if I strip those I'm going to have a prob.

Anyone know where I can pick up spare grub screws by any chance?

EDIT: Came across this: http://www.avidvaper.com/velocity-slotted-set-screws/. Would be much cooler if one could get this locally though.

New Build!!!
Clapton with x2 26 gauge wrapped around 3ml ID @0.15ohms
20150907_083316.jpg

20150907_083339.jpg

So I've seen this done before, thought I'd give it a go...
8 Wraps
24G Kanthal
3mm ID
0.38 ohms

Keep you posted on how it vapes...

IMG_2932.JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2934.JPG

@skola - you make such neat coils and take great coil photos!

@skola - you make such neat coils and take great coil photos!
Thanks @Silver, means a lot coming from such a dedicated member like yourself.
I use a photo editing app on my phone to help pop the colour and sharpen up the detail. Really makes a difference.

Thanks @Silver, means a lot coming from such a dedicated member like yourself.
I use a photo editing app on my phone to help pop the colour and sharpen up the detail. Really makes a difference.

It shows!

I will just place pic below. All I can say is this R120 dripper from Fasttech is unbeatable right now :D

2015-09-06 22.04.33.jpg

Back