Throat burn

JuddMan

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Howsit all. Looking for a bit of advice. Did use the search, but did not find exactly what I am looking for which is specific to my scenario.

To summarize, I have been using a Smok Nord 4 since last year. The device as been really great, and everything has been working well. I only quit the cigarettes entirely last week, so I have been using the vape exclusively since then.

I have been using the RPM coils (0.4) at 25w, and have been vaping nic salts at 25mg. My go to is the Pods and Salts Grape Bubblegum. For the last while (and most of the time) it doesn't give any issues, however I find since I've stopped the stinkies, I am getting a rather harsh 'throat burn' from time to time (and I do stress this. It comes and goes. Not a constant). Its not a temperature feeling, but rather as if the nicotine is too strong? Bringing down the wattage to about 15w or 20w seems to have only a small impact.

Is this just a symptom or side-effect of no longer smoking cigarettes?

What should I look at doing? Because it is not pleasant.

@JuddMan Nic salts should be vaped with a coil of 0.8 or higher. Never with a coil less than 0.8. Obviously the salesperson didn't tell you this.
It's a good "rule of thumb" to stick to higher resistance coils and lower device power, however the release of benzene is related to temperature, not specifically power or coil resistance, soooo ... take it easy on the power, and settle for the bare minimum you require to get your fix, alternatively ... use freebase juices. I have vaped Nic Salts, (and Freebase for that matter), using SMOK RPM and Nord 0.4 and 0.6 Ohm mesh coils at 5 to 7 watts, with zero benzene conversion, (confirmed with a gas spectrometer after having this fear driven into me by other vapers in my "early days").
There's a plethora of accurate research information freely available on the subject ;)

Back