Titanium Coils are much better

I am finding this to be a very interesting thread from the perspective of not having gone the temp control route yet. Mainly because of time but also because i am hesitant hearing all the issues with building your own temp control coils.
It's not that bad. It's a learning curve. It's like wrapping a coil with copper wire. Very soft and easy to deform. But once you get used to it. It's ok. From what I hear. Titanium is much harder. And because it's higher resistance. It's more like building with kanthal.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am finding this to be a very interesting thread from the perspective of not having gone the temp control route yet. Mainly because of time but also because i am hesitant hearing all the issues with building your own temp control coils.
Same here. A few comments coming through that TC is a sales gimmick, does not really make much of a difference, difficult to build, still dud commercial coils, etcetera.

Same here. A few comments coming through that TC is a sales gimmick, does not really make much of a difference, difficult to build, still dud commercial coils, etcetera.

I think for me I would not go with commercial coils, so the hassle of building my own coils with Nickel is what has been putting me off. Anyway, i will try it, just a matter of when. Maybe the Titanium will be better.

I think for me I would not go with commercial coils, so the hassle of building my own coils with Nickel is what has been putting me off. Anyway, i will try it, just a matter of when. Maybe the Titanium will be better.
I again love the challenge of building coils.

Where are you guys getting titanium wire? I've built my 2nd nickel coil so far 7 wraps 2.5mm ID & it comes in at 0.05 ohms. Works flawlessly on the VT in temp mode. No dry hits till the tank is empty.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I'm on day 2 with TC and 5 tanks of juice later I am more and more loving it!
Considering that I am a chain vaper of max VG @ 6mg, i have not had a dry hit yet, and every drag tastes EXACTLY the same. This i love.
I am yet to try a rebuild - but still enjoying the commercial coil supplied, I can however hear the dripper and the wire calling out my name:talking:>:)
My only comment so far is that I found that playing with temp is a must when you switch flavors, not all flavors like the same temp in my opinion.
:2c::2c:

I just got a reply from Rob @ stealthvape. He will have titanium wire in stock the weekend.... in case anyone else wants some. :)

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Found this info on a different forum,
"Titanium makes very good coils, it has no taste, there's no allergic reaction from it, and is easy to work with. There's a certain amount of springiness in it, which you can take out by a quick run through a low pressure blue gas flame. Don't let the wire change color, quickly run it through the flame at 3 seconds per foot of wire. That's all it needs to remove the springiness. This should be done to all types of wire, Dr F recommends not heating any wire until it glows red. The surface oxidizes and minute particles can flake off, it is not healthy if it's inhaled. Titanium coils work well with rayon wicks. The evic VT has Ti mode, I use 26g to build a 9 wrap 2.5mm I.D Ti coil, on my Lemo 2, it comes out at .38ohms, on the evic in TC, for a great vape."

Guys have you guys seen the new ni 200 coils for the zephyrus. They are dual coil but in series so they aren't super low ohm. Does anyone know how to build a series coil (I might have and idea but haven't tried it yet). And if someone has can they pls comment on its effectiveness

I agree. I am still not 100 percent sold on temperature control.. I have noticed it works well if a tank is nearly empty. But other then that. Is it really such a massive deal... Maybe I need a
Some veterans to enlighten me because I still use the m80 with the vision mk over the evic vts temp sensing

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
I think there's definitely a difference in the vape between the two types of mods.temp.cont. naturally gives a cooler vape (ipv4) than my god 180s and I enjoy both but I'll always use non temp cont. mods along w/ t.c. and enjoy both. Also is the cost of titanium cost much more than nick.?

Last edited:
Would love @Johans'opinion on this one

I am not a metallurgist, but what I picked up on his video (please note: I don't shoot down this guy, he probably knows 100 times more about metallurgy than I do):
  • Aluminium per se has been proven to leech into food and aluminium (one of the materials used to form Kathal A1 alloy) cooking utensils are not to be found anymore in 1'st world countries.
  • Has there been any studies done on Kanthal A1? I don't know.
  • Many RDA's & RTA's are nickel- and/or chrome plated and hence made of alloys, that contains inter alia nickel.
As I posted earlier on this thread; all metals are toxic to humans and animals, its the quantity beyond the body's threshold that determines the level of danger - "thus; all things in moderation, including moderation itself".

I am not a metallurgist, but what I picked up on his video (please note: I don't shoot down this guy, he probably knows 100 times more about metallurgy than I do):
  • Aluminium per se has been proven to leech into food and aluminium (one of the materials used to form Kathal A1 alloy) cooking utensils are not to be found anymore in 1'st world countries.
  • Many RDA's & RTA's are nickel- and/or chrome plated and hence made of alloys, that contains inter alia nickel.
As I posted earlier on this thread; all metals are toxic to humans and animals, its the quantity beyond the body's threshold that determines the level of danger - "thus; all things in moderation, including moderation itself".

i think you're right, but i think once you alloy something with nickel, or aluminium for that matter, you get rid of the leaching problem, but what we're using for temp control is effectively 99% pure nickel, so theres nothing to stop it leaching, thats if i understand the chemistry of it.

hmmmm, this dude is talking some sense....

Unfortunately I am rather disappointed in this mans review of nickel. Yes he did give the dangers of nickel etc but he did not once state the temperature at which nickel releases the dangerous chemicals. He also forgot to mention that people who are allergic to nickel are mostly aware of their allergy.
Pls read this full summary of ni 200 and ni 201 metal and notice how it stated that it is safe for use in food and how it only becomes dangerous at over 600 f.
Here is the pdf
http://www.specialmetals.com/documents/Nickel 200 & 201.pdf

I am not an expert but These are just my opinions. Also well done to this man to keep us on our feet and aware of the dangers that we face.

Thank
Thanks@Johan,with most things vape still under studied things such as this(not to discredit anyone) will pop up and give worryworts like myself the willies.

I have tested the titanium coils on the Evic VT and the vape is far better on the titanium coils.. I think Titanium is the way for temp sensing..

Your feedback on titanium?
Is .50mm=24g?

Back