Titanium Coils are much better

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
I have tested the titanium coils on the Evic VT and the vape is far better on the titanium coils.. I think Titanium is the way for temp sensing..

Your feedback on titanium?

I prefer the titanium over the nickel coils as well. It seems as if you get more consistency with the titanium.

Ok, i haven't tried titanium on my VT yet. But as far as i'm aware, titanium only gets dangerous over 415C, which imho is way hotter than anyones going to be vaping.

It is used routinely for medical implants (Crowns, knee/hip replacement, etc) so it is pretty safe, I think its pretty hard to be allergic to it Hence its use for prosthesis.

The biggest thing is making sure it never gets hot enough to degrade, because then you'll be playing with something thats pretty dangerous.

Last edited:
For me, titanium falls in the same category as silica wicking. Functionally, they might be superior in many aspects, but in general they do come with a risk potential that is higher than the norm. As with everything in vaping, being informed is the first step, what you do with the information is your choice.

For me, titanium falls in the same category as silica wicking. Functionally, they might be superior in many aspects, but in general they do come with a risk potential that is higher than the norm. As with everything in vaping, being informed is the first step, what you do with the information is your choice.

fair enough man, to each his own

I have to say in my evic vt the titanium coil is definitely better than the nickel one.. will try and get some more of both to see if it was not a dud nickel coil... but for now, the titanium one was the best one of the two

but in my rebuilt occ coils the nickel performs pretty well on the subtank mini... with the bigger holes mod the taste and vapor went up dramatically...

I must say, initially I thought the small holes on the ego TC coils are not keeping up with the juice feed, but having used the kanger TC coils in the subtank mini for a week, I much prefer the ego TC coils over the kanger ones, since it actually feeds faster.

Ok, just chucked my titanium coil in. Running it at max power with a temp limit of 210C Flavour seems a little better, its way more responsive than the nickel. Does help that i'm using this s***y juice (Halo) really why this stuff is so expensive is beyond me, its drivel.

But, I digress. so far so good.

This is strange, as my experience with titanium has been toilet so far. The Evic VT Titanium coils give me a good flavour for about 2 tanks then go useless. I've used 4 so far with the same results, well not all same results because 2 of them were duds!
I've built a coil with some titanium wire, and while it works well on the SX mini with the new Upgrade, it was no better than Nickel or Kanthal to me. Just my experiences!!

Strange i've found nickel to just be crap, TBH. stock coil, lasted me about 2 days, then was leaking, resistance was twitchy.

Nickel as a wire itself, is a pain to build with, and the resistance is so low you need 10 million wraps to get anywhere.

Guess its just different strokes.

I agree with the Nickel being a pain in the ass to work with. I still think Kanthal gives me the best vape of all!!!

not true I use 8 wraps on my lemo 2 and am way above minimum ohms. Just put a strand of kanthal in with the legs so they tighten down well.

not true I use 8 wraps on my lemo 2 and am way above minimum ohms. Just put a strand of kanthal in with the legs so they tighten down well.

Ye but dual coiling a dripper with 26g nickel is a pain in the plums.

Vapingreek, said it best. For guys who've got vaping without temp regulation down. its kinda a waste of time. Temp control is more for newer vapers, or vapers who don't want to delve to deeply into this stuff.

I can vape my cotton white in a dripper with a kanthal build, and not get a dry hit. you just develop a sense for it.

that said, temp control does make some drippers a lot nicer to use. Freakshow mini for one.

nope I have to disagree I will never make another coil with kanthal. Keeping a massive dripper coil at just the right temp is much safer than a hot vape.

Strange i've found nickel to just be crap, TBH. stock coil, lasted me about 2 days, then was leaking, resistance was twitchy.

Nickel as a wire itself, is a pain to build with, and the resistance is so low you need 10 million wraps to get anywhere.

Guess its just different strokes.
Have you tried twisting w/kanthal ?

nope I have to disagree I will never make another coil with kanthal. Keeping a massive dripper coil at just the right temp is much safer than a hot vape.

To each his own, if it works for you, then stick to it. I have had some weird reactions to nickel in the past, so I'm a little less comfortable with it. Titanium on the other hand, appears to be the one for me.

Also just judging the feel of the vape (not at all scientific) when i drip my 0.2 ohm kanthal build at 65-70W, the heat, honestly doesn't feel like its astronomically higher than dripping a 0.10 nickel dual coil in a dripper at 220C.

As long as your builds saturated enough theres no significantly increased danger with kanthal, or at least not that i've read about.

I agree. I am still not 100 percent sold on temperature control.. I have noticed it works well if a tank is nearly empty. But other then that. Is it really such a massive deal... Maybe I need a
Some veterans to enlighten me because I still use the m80 with the vision mk over the evic vts temp sensing

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

I agree. I am still not 100 percent sold on temperature control.. I have noticed it works well if a tank is nearly empty. But other then that. Is it really such a massive deal... Maybe I need a
Some veterans to enlighten me because I still use the m80 with the vision mk over the evic vts temp sensing

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

Have you tried dripping with it in TC mode? its a pretty novel experience.

I am finding this to be a very interesting thread from the perspective of not having gone the temp control route yet. Mainly because of time but also because i am hesitant hearing all the issues with building your own temp control coils.

Back