Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
My first tins of TFC Elite just arrived and I'm amped to try it. Not sure how they can improve on what I considered to be perfect wicking material.

Right off the bat, the Elite cotton is a little more difficult to work with compared to the standard TFC because it's softer and fluffier and seems to have more body. Also, the cotton is really packed tight into the tin because you get more than the previous version.

Of course, the most important issue is one of flavour... well for me anyway... and they say it lasts longer as well and wicks better...

This will be my very first impressions and I will use it for a few days before making a final call but already I can feel and taste there most certainly is a difference. I think that it is wicking better because there does seem to be a flavour improvement which surprises me... so right off it's a Chicken Dinner but I will report back in a day or two once the excitement has worn off and I can make an informed report back!
TFC 004.JPG TFC 006.JPG TFC 009.JPG TFC 012.JPG

Damn :-D was so hoping to hear that normal TFC is better or at least no difference.
For sale TFC cotton >:)

OK, testing continues... I rebuilt two Dvarw DL's both with the identical 2.5mm Ni80 Alien Coils one with TFC and one with TFC Elite and filled both with Red Pill. Both went onto mods were driven by the Dicodes chipset. Again the TFC Elite is a little more difficult to use because it's softer to the touch, fluffier and seems to have more body to it than the normal TFC which I can wick blindfolded these days.

There is little doubt in my mind that the Elite wicks faster and chain vaping both proved the Elite does that much better in the wicking department.

What about the most important of all and that is the flavour? Very difficult to tell them apart in the flavour department but I guess Elite does just that much better because it wicks faster and my gut feeling is it will probably last better than the normal TFC... time will tell... we'll see how the vape is in the morning when they have both been standing all night.

TFC 016.JPG TFC 020.JPG TFC 021.JPG TFC 022.JPG

Where can one purchase this? My interest is piqued and I MUST have it NOW :-D

Thanks for the feedback @Rob Fisher !
Very interesting

Maybe if the TFC Elite wicks faster it might be better for higher power more demanding setups?
But similar for lower power setups?

That blue Dani Mini is stunning @Rob Fisher !
And it matches the hoodie, hehe

Day 2 with the Elite version and while it's harder to work with than the original it's well worth the little bit of extra effort because it wicks really well and seems to last better with the result it gives you perfect flavour for longer.

Normal TFC is great but the Elite is slightly better! They have improved on it and they have also crammed more into the tin so it's more cost effective as well! All around Chicken Dinner.
PitStopGold 013.JPG

@Rob Fisher when you say “harder to work with”, does it take away from TFC Orginals ability to simple split a piece down the middle for a 3mm Coil.

With Orginal I kind have gotten used to this ease of use feature.

Used to struggle with Cotton Bacon in getting my split proportions right and always wasted a fair amount of cotton.

@Rob Fisher when you say “harder to work with”, does it take away from TFC Orginals ability to simple split a piece down the middle for a 3mm Coil.

With Orginal I kind have gotten used to this ease of use feature.

Used to struggle with Cotton Bacon in getting my split proportions right and always wasted a fair amount of cotton.

@CaliGuy yes that is exactly the issue... however, you can split it into three. And it's worth the extra hassle because it is an improvement in flavour and resilience aka lasts longer with great flavour.

I suppose I’ll have to grab a ton of elite now cause the normal TFC seems to be hard to find.

Hope it’s good and not a fail like I felt cotton bacon prime was cause that definitely wasn’t an improvement.

I suppose I’ll have to grab a ton of elite now cause the normal TFC seems to be hard to find.

Hope it’s good and not a fail like I felt cotton bacon prime was cause that definitely wasn’t an improvement.

@Paul33 it is an improvement and there is also more in the tin and for a 2.5mm coil you can split it into three instead of two wicks!

I’ve used TFC Elite (still got quite a bit left). I did notice it wicks fast, but as far as taste goes compared to CB I really can’t tell any difference. Maybe my taste buds aren’t very refined lol. I’m sticking to CB.

I have TFC Elite, I get a slight cotton taste from it whereas CBV2 does not give me that at all. I've read a couple of people say the same about TFC Elite but they say the regular one is fine. I'll also stay with CB for now, I'm waiting for someone to stock Mavaton X

I have TFC Elite, I get a slight cotton taste from it whereas CBV2 does not give me that at all. I've read a couple of people say the same about TFC Elite but they say the regular one is fine. I'll also stay with CB for now, I'm waiting for someone to stock Mavaton X

Is the flavor of the vape better though?

It certainly is for me! I get a horrible taste from Kendo Gold!

Okay and is it much better than CBV2 for you flavorwise?

Saturate coils + cotton and give a few dry burns, I get no cotton taste. By the way are you using an old pack? I seem to remember Kendo having a gold/yellow hue to it and I got that horrible cotton taste beginning of 2017. I bought a new pack end of 2017, pure white cotton and no horrible cotton taste. I haven't looked back since but bought a tub of TFC(Will only come with my new RTA end of March)

Last edited:
Okay and is it much better than CBV2 for you flavorwise?

Saturate coils + cotton and give a few dry burns, I get no cotton taste. By the way are you using an old pack? I seem to remember Kendo having a gold/yellow hue to it and I got that horrible cotton taste beginning of 2017. I bought a new pack end of 2017, pure white cotton and no horrible cotton taste. I haven't looked back since but bought a tub of TFC(Will only come with my new RTA end of March)

@CMMACKEM I tried Kendo when it first came out a few years ago and tried it once or twice and threw it in the gorge and never tried it again. Then found Cotton Bacon and stuck with that until I found Fibre Freaks Cotton Blend that I really liked and used for a while... then they went insolvent and I found Royal Wicks which was also great and I still have a few packets as back up... then TFC and TFC Elite and I love the tin, the product is really easy to use and is in my humble opinion a cut above the rest!

And then we have Mavaton X which is really hard to work with and looks pretty funky... but for my style of vaping and Red Pill it really EXCELS! I don't know what it is about it but the despite the cost, hassle to use and its look it's my favourite wicking material.

Bought a tub of tfb (non elite version), didn't notice it at first but I get a really bad cotton taste, almost like a steely metal taste. And it has become more over time. I either have to vape it out or do the lighter trick. But sometimes I feel like my conscious is playing games on me and I still taste it. fml

Back