Top Vendor 2014 (Proposition)

Top Vendor Poll: Is it a good idea to do this?

• Yes

Votes: 42 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

free3dom

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I know it's kind of late in the year, and the forum may not be at full member capacity, but I thought it would be nice if we could have a top vendor for 2014 similar to the wonderful work @Tom did with the liquids. This would only include the registered vendors on the site (from here).

For this we would first need to create a shortlist since the polls only allow 10 items. So I propose everybody can nominate 5 (or so) vendors (in no particular order) in this thread - I think that would be enough so that no-one would have to leave out any vendors they had dealings with and would like to include.

For those that would rather not do this publically (for whatever reason) could PM me or one of the Mods (if that is preferred, any volunteers?) instead.

I think these nominations could run until early-mid January (???), at which point the top 10 would be added to a poll where we could then vote for our favourites.

Even though I have not had dealings with many of the vendors on the site (I'll try and get to all of them in 2015, as my vape budget allows), but from what I've read here on the forum they are all top-class and I hope that they will take this as a positive (which is the intention).

If this is a success it might be a great thing to do annually (so maybe a sub-forum somewhere) - not that the vendors need any incentive for their exceptional service, but it never hurts to give praise where it is due.

Here I would just like to check with the rest of the forum members on their thoughts and recommendations on this matter.

So what do you all think?

:nerd:

Maybe a Certificate can be printed and framed and handed over to the vendor, Just to show that ecigssa members appreciate there dedication and hard work?

Maybe a Certificate can be printed and framed and handed over to the vendor, Just to show that ecigssa members appreciate there dedication and hard work?

That would actually be quite awesome, and if they have a physical store they can display it for non-members to see too :)

For online only vendors they could still display the achievement with a link to the thread.

Yeah maybe like a banner add like thing saying "ecigssa member choice, vendor of the year 20XX or something like that".

Yeah maybe like a banner add like thing saying "ecigssa member choice, vendor of the year 20XX or something like that".

Exactly what I was thinking...and maybe even for the top 3 (winner, runner-up, 2nd runner-up).

This is exactly the kind of thing I want to achieve with this...giving something back from the community to the vendors - they are all awesome.

Yip fully agree the vendors works really hard to give us a decent vape, this would be a nice thank you for them

Just a suggestion from my side. I think before you go ahead with this, you should consider contacting the vendors and see what their feeling on the subject is. If they are in agreement then proceed else as awesome idea as it is to promote our local vendors. Some may feel that this will portray them as a weaker or inferior retailer.

Just a suggestion from my side. I think before you go ahead with this, you should consider contacting the vendors and see what their feeling on the subject is. If they are in agreement then proceed else as awesome idea as it is to promote our local vendors. Some may feel that this will portray them as a weaker or inferior retailer.
Hi @Marzuq

Dont you think this will just encourage the "weaker or inferior retailer" to up their game?

Nice idea @free3dom

Hi @Marzuq

Dont you think this will just encourage the "weaker or inferior retailer" to up their game?

Nice idea @free3dom

@kimbo in some ways yes. But if i look at it as if i was a vendor and i didnt make the top 5 list.. i can see myself not being a fan.
however it must be said that i do agree and support the thread by @free3dom as i do believe same as you do that this will be an awesome thread as it will promote, as you say, for the vendors to up their game but also just a fun thing where a vendor gets a certificate of sorts for efforts and achievements for the year past.

This is why i suggested that @free3dom rather engage the vendors directly and see how they feel about it. also this is just a suggestion on my part based on my opinion.

Thanks for the suggestion @free3dom
I do think it is a marvellous idea!

I do think though that the results will probably be skewed towards the vendors that are more active on the forum. But that's okay, since this is something that comes from the forum itself.

PS - the Admin and Mod team will discuss this and we will communicate our view

Thanks @Silver and @Marzuq and @kimbo for your inputs and thoughts. I am well aware that this may be a bit tricky to do right (or at all), but I also believe it can be a good thing. But the last thing I want is to affect the vendors negatively in any way.

I'm glad that the Admin+Mods are looking at it - these are really the people I think should decide on this, and also maybe you guys could get the vendors' input as @Marzuq suggested :clap:

This is an awesome idea @free3dom

I agree with @Silver on this one, but, the more active vendors are the guys we know and use, so i dont see an issue.

I do think though that the results will probably be skewed towards the vendors that are more active on the forum. But that's okay, since this is something that comes from the forum itself.

Why dont we have category's best this and best that and best overall, i take it if you want to make a success then you have to work, not just sit and stare at the screen waiting for a order to come in.

As an example: Look at the packaging from Vapeclub

I think this has great potential too, thanks for the support :)

But being "controversial" (because the vendors do pay to be registered on the forum) I do think it is great that it is properly discussed first to make sure there are no issues and the process can go smoothly.

Why dont we have category's best this and best that and best overall

This is a fantastic idea, having more categories would include more vendors and spread it out a bit. I think this should seriously be considered :nod:

From our side i think it would be a brilliant idea, not for any other reason than to see what more we can do to add value to our customers. I believe competition is good because it keeps everyone on their toes and promotes client service and competitive pricing. So from our side we say go for it.

Fantastic @BigGuy. This is why I think this is an awesome idea. Just a little something to say thanks to vendors for hard work and commitment to us consumers.

I definitely agree with "In category" Idea. Some vendors do specialize in things that others don't

From our side i think it would be a brilliant idea, not for any other reason than to see what more we can do to add value to our customers. I believe competition is good because it keeps everyone on their toes and promotes client service and competitive pricing. So from our side we say go for it.

That's just the kind of thing I've come to expect from our local vendors...just awesome. Thanks for the support!

I do agree that if it is done correctly it can add great input for vendors on where they can improve, and where they are awesome :D

@BigGuy is totally going for the win! :-D

@BigGuy your view on the subject illustrates the perfect approach. If all vendors view it with the same enthusiasm then there should be no issues with going forward

At the end of the day this forum is about sharing if you really think about it, so if a local vendor does not make top 3 or 5 then it might spur them on to find out why and try to improve. Unfortunately some people look at a glass half empty we see it as half full. Its up to the vendor at the end of the day to make the changes to strive to be in the top 5 for next year. This will strongly promote good business ethics among local vendors in my opinion.

Im all with @BigGuy on this...
I agree.It creates a great platform for us to sit back and see what we are doing right and what we can do to improve :)
End of the day we are in the business of improving peoples lives through vaping as well as providing the service they expect

@Oliver Barry HA HA HA nah if we are there then we are there but if not its because we are doing something wrong, I would much rather know if we are doing something wrong and find a remedy than plod along and end up closing if you get what i am saying. I have no problem with negative criticism if its valid. But for us to be successful and for us to add value to our customers its in our best interests to actually know our faults.

Back