Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Got myself a couple of 10ml topQ ready made e-liquids to try. They are apparently made in Japan. I have the 12mg strength liquids. They don't disclose their PG/VG ratio on the bottle, neither could I find it on their website (www.topqecig.com). However, the liquids seem quite thin and runny so I'd suspect about a 50/50 mix. Maybe even 60/40 PG/VG.

Got them from Vapeking, so they are available locally. They cost R60 per 10ml sample.

Here goes with my first review of their coffee flavour. Other than my tobacco quest, I am also trying to find a fantastic coffee flavour.

topQ COFFEE (12mg)

I like it. It's a fairly simple yet pleasant coffee flavour. It has that slight bitterness to it that I like. Not too sweet or creamy, more coffee. The flavour however is not as rich or strong as the Synfonya CAFFE (9.5mg). It's also a bit more simple and "singular" versus the Synfonya CAFFE, which has more of a "complex blend" taste. This juice has a very slight artificial taste to it that I perceived occasionally, but not always. But it's not a problem at all and not enough to make me dislike it. The aftertaste is pleasant but not as strong as the Synfonya CAFFE. What I like about this juice is that I get a decent throat hit. I'd probably rate the throat hit as medium, but its quite a bit more than the Synfonya CAFFE. The reason is probably that it has higher nicotine (12mg vs. 9.5mg) and is much thinner (so likely more PG). I found vapour production to be quite low, once again suggesting more PG.

Overall, what it lacks in richness of flavour compared to the Synfonya CAFFE is made up for by its improved throat hit. Although it's a close call, I'd rate this as my second best coffee so far. I enjoy vaping it and I would re-order.

Equipment used: Protank2 Mini, Standard 1.8 ohm coil (measuring 2.1 ohms on the iTaste) , Vision Spinner battery set to 4.0 volts (about 7.6 Watts using the iTaste reading)

Thanks Zodiac ;-) Am enjoying the flavour journey

That's awesome, i'm also on a flavour journey, trying to find at least 5 flavours that i really love and that i will vape all day :) I didn't think that it would be this hard though, unless i am just too full of cr@p, lol. Don't get me wrong though, i am loving and enjoying every moment of the journey ;)

Agreed. It is quite hard. I have found it difficult too.
I think there are quite a few juices that I would vape if I had no other juices left, but to find those that are really nice, its not easy.
Also, some juices taste great initially, but after a day or two of vaping them they are either too sweet or something else puts you off them.

My strategy is to start with the locally available juices. I am doing quite well and have sampled probably about a third of the easily available local ones. Once I am done with the local ones, only then i may consider buying directly from overseas suppliers. I hope I can come right with the local ones though.

Juices coming up for me on my "To review list" are a few more TopQ flavours, then some additional VapourMountain flavours - then hopefully the 5Pawns. So lots of excitement ahead. I try limit myself to about 1 new juice every 2 days or so. That way its exciting and I can focus ;-)

The journey continues....

I think 5 Pawns will stand head and shoulders above everything else you've tried before locally. Its just that if you fall in love, it will be demanding on your pocket, a gold digger :D

I hear you Zodiac

Look, at R325 for 30ml, that's about R11 per ml. If I vaped just that - at about say 4ml per day - that's R44 per day.
I was spending about R30-R40 per day on cigarettes when I smoked. So I wouldn't say its too demanding - just a bit more expensive.

Let's see...

Nice review Silver. I hope the hype surrounding 5Pawns matches the liquid. On that note we having a delay with customs. Will keep you informed.

Nice review Silver. I hope the hype surrounding 5Pawns matches the liquid. On that note we having a delay with customs. Will keep you informed.

Thanks Gizmo ;-)
No worries, when the 5Pawns arrives, it arrives.

Hi guys, about a month ago i bought the Topq mango @ 12mg. Initially the TH was a bit too much so i diluted it with some VG. Wasn't too bad after that. It sells for R41 at our local tobacco shop for the 10ml bottle.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

Interesting. Thanks Yaqub. I quite like the throat hit as it is - but perhaps we are using different equipment ;-)
What were you using to vape it?
As for the price, were they selling larger than 10ml bottles?

The review of topQ liquids continues. I like sour juices so have been looking forward to spending time with topQ's Double Apple flavour. Here is my review.

topQ DOUBLE APPLE (12mg)

It's average.

The apple flavour is there but it's more of a candy flavoured apple. Not very natural, slightly artificial tasting. It's more sweet than sour which is disappointing for me. I had hopes of it leaning more toward the sour side of the sweet/sour spectrum. The inhale and exhale are quite similar - I found it a bit sweeter on the exhale. The flavour itself is not very strong, quite mild. This is a good thing for those that like it, since it's not likely to overpower. I found the throat hit to be medium, but a little less than the topQ COFFEE. I found vapour production to be low.

Overall, for me, it's not satisfying and just an average vape. I won't be re-ordering.

Equipment used: Protank 2, Standard 2.2 ohm coil, Vision Spinner battery set to 4.1 volts (about 7.6 Watts)

Lol i guess to each his own. I was using a Nemesis with a Nimbus. I like a smooth juice and 9mg does it for me. 12mg are a bit too high cos i like to take those looong lung hits. Unfortunately they only have the 10ml bottles. I hear the coffee and strawberry flavours are nice also. What are you using?

Im sure you are getting great performance out of that gear of yours ;-)

I do like the coffee flavour. See my review at the top of the thread.

I am using more 'standard' equipment as outlined in my reviews above. Protank 2 with standard coils.

Lol i think i must give the coffee a try. I also heard that the strawberry flavour isn't too bad either.

The review of topQ liquids continues. This time with their Mango flavour. Here is my review.

topQ MANGO (12mg)

I don't like it.

The mango flavour is there but I found it very artificial tasting. So much so that it becomes unpleasant. A quick inhale after a good drag gets you the initial mango burst which is appealing. It's a reasonable mango taste of medium strength. Unfortunately it goes downhill from there as my tastebuds pick up the artificial flavours and it's re-inforced on the exhale. It leaves a lingering unpleasant artifical aftertaste. It reminds me a lot of those artificially sweetened fruit-juice concentrates with their saccharin-type aftertaste. Or one you get from drinking a "diet softdrink". Some may not mind this but I found it unpleasant overall. I gave it more than a chance over 2 days and even changed my coil to a new one to see if anything changes. Was the same. Vapour production was medium. Throat hit was medium to low.

Overall, for me, I don't like it for its artificial taste. I won't be re-ordering.

Equipment used: Protank 2 Mini, Standard 2.2 ohm coil, Innokin iTaste battery set to 7.5 Watts (about 4.1 Volts)

Last edited:
Took me a while to get to my last of four topQ liquids. This one is their Chewing Gum flavour. Here is my review.

topQ CHEWING GUM (12mg)

It's average.

Oh boy, first two drags iced my mouth. This is a strong menthol! But wait, wasn't this supposed to be chewing gum? Yes, that's what it says on the bottle. Ok, let's vape it some more. There is a hint of spearmint in the background, but the strong menthol flavour in this juice overpowers. Doesn't taste much like chewing gum to me. Perhaps it should be called "Menthol Spearmint". It leaves a strong lasting menthol aftertaste and cool menthol on your lips. Throat hit was medium, likely helped by the menthol. Vapour production was medium.

I am confused by this juice. Is this really chewing gum? Or did they label a menthol juice incorrectly? I don't know and I don't have their menthol juice to compare.

Overall, it's not chewing gum to me. However, it's not a bad menthol and I may use it as a menthol mixer. I won't be re-ordering.

Equipment used: Protank 2 Mini, Standard 2.2 ohm coil, Innokin iTaste battery set to 7.5 Watts (about 4.1 Volts)

Chewing Gum 12mg:
I had the same reaction to chewing gum, was expecting bubble gum and got a blast of spearmint. Also wondered if the bottle had been mis-labeled... For a spearmint, it has good TH, and a cool crisp flavour.

Double Apple 12mg & Strawberry 12mg:
Love them, could vape all day long.

Vanilla 12mg:
Not a fan. Dry almost burnt taste (changed coils, no difference)

Coffee 0mg:
Received 0mg instead of 12mg. Probably normal for 0mg but absolutely no TH and very little vapour.

Interesting @vape9

So we agree that Chewing Gum is a good spearmint ;-)

I didnt try Strawberry or Vanilla

As for Coffee - perhaps you got no throat hit because it was 0mg nicotine. I found the throat hit of the 12mg Coffee flavour was what I liked about it. Agreed on the low vapour. I'm actually keen to order more of it. (the 12mg though)

Chewing Gum 12mg:
I had the same reaction to chewing gum, was expecting bubble gum and got a blast of spearmint. Also wondered if the bottle had been mis-labeled... For a spearmint, it has good TH, and a cool crisp flavour.

Double Apple 12mg & Strawberry 12mg:
Love them, could vape all day long.

Vanilla 12mg:
Not a fan. Dry almost burnt taste (changed coils, no difference)

Coffee 0mg:
Received 0mg instead of 12mg. Probably normal for 0mg but absolutely no TH and very little vapour.

Apologies about receiving the wrong strength @vape9 please email me your order number and I will see what we can do to compensate

I would like to add my 2c worth to this . Thanks to gizmo and stroodlepuff I got the last of what was left of the coffee demo bottle .
I have just loaded it into a new clearo and hit it for 10 min trying to work out what it is .
This is my feeling -
What you wanted was that coffee taste that you get out of a first sip of a good expesso , that sudden feeling of opening your mouth and talking itallian instantly . This coffee is not that , this is those same ground coffee beans put under the weight of a small planet to extract the coffee oil . One drop came out and they added a litre of pg/vg to be able to vape it . It's not bad but it's not what you were expecting . I like it . But I know I am gonna keep buying everybody's coffee juice until I find that one that makes me talk itallian .

Now as a foot note . I am one of those people that puts a shovel of sugar inro my coffee . So I just added a few drops of a sweet 0nic fruit and my itallian was closer and better but not understandable . I just went " eh "

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Anyone know who stocks TopQ in CT? Will order from VapeKing when the new stock comes in but I'm running low and starting to get a bit twitchy at the thought of running out. Went to cuba cigar in Longbeach Mall as they are listed as an outlet on the website, when I asked for TopQ e-liquid was met with a blank stare and "we only have this one" ...dekang 10ml for R90, no thanks.

Back