Trouble with resistance detection

lt_sparky

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello all

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-forum but I couldn't think where else to post it.

I have a minikin boost which I love and has been my primary mod for a couple of months. Unfortunately I have started to have issues with it. The Ohms keep jumping by a significant margin.

For instance, this morning I put on my csmnt with dual Claptons installed and it read 0.29 which is correct I think then as soon as a take a hit it jumps to 0.47 ohms. After that it will keep alternating between two extreme values.

When I put the same atty on my girlfriend's pico dual I get 0.28 and it doesn't shift.

I tried with multiple atomisers and it still jumps with the minikin.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how can I fix it? Should I open it up and check if there is a loose wire or something?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-forum but I couldn't think where else to post it.

I have a minikin boost which I love and has been my primary mod for a couple of months. Unfortunately I have started to have issues with it. The Ohms keep jumping by a significant margin.

For instance, this morning I put on my csmnt with dual Claptons installed and it read 0.29 which is correct I think then as soon as a take a hit it jumps to 0.47 ohms. After that it will keep alternating between two extreme values.

When I put the same atty on my girlfriend's pico dual I get 0.28 and it doesn't shift.

I tried with multiple atomisers and it still jumps with the minikin.

Has anyone else had this problem, and how can I fix it? Should I open it up and check if there is a loose wire or something?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Sparky, if you are using temp sensing wire, this would be normal for a mod with real time resistance checking. What material is the coil made from? SS would be my guess.

Regards

Howzit. Any chance you spilled some juice on the mod recently? If you have the know how you can open it up and clean the contacts with alcohol swabs

Back