Twisp coil burns out too fast

kishan213

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Greetings fellow Vapers. I have been happily vaping using a twisp clearo until recently. The coils would last a month at a time but now they just good for a week. I still hear the noise but little or no smoke appears.... I would appreciate any help or advice to repair or overcome the problem I have with my device. Thanks!

Hey Bud. This is why I stepped far away from twisps..

Not only are their products very expensive for what they are. But the quality seems to be going down ( atleast for coil sake)

They did change over to new coils a few months ago. The old ones would go for 2 weeks for me. then they released new coils (with no nipple at the top) and these have a shortened life it seems. for me a coil would last 4-6 days at most. some coils almost immediately broke and wouldnt vape correctly.. TWISP is a rip off and they are robbing the uneducated vape public blind. their liquids are also bad quality and very expensive.

My advise.. Step away from twisp coils.... There are MANY options out there for cheaper... for example, go to VapeMOB.co.za and get yourself another tank system (about R120) this will go directly onto your twisp battery, the coils on those are dual coil, giving great vapor, flavor and durability. these coils easily lasted me 2 weeks.

I hope this info helps.

Hey Bud. This is why I stepped far away from twisps..

Not only are their products very expensive for what they are. But the quality seems to be going down ( atleast for coil sake)

They did change over to new coils a few months ago. The old ones would go for 2 weeks for me. then they released new coils (with no nipple at the top) and these have a shortened life it seems. for me a coil would last 4-6 days at most. some coils almost immediately broke and wouldnt vape correctly.. TWISP is a rip off and they are robbing the uneducated vape public blind. their liquids are also bad quality and very expensive.

My advise.. Step away from twisp coils.... There are MANY options out there for cheaper... for example, go to VapeMOB.co.za and get yourself another tank system (about R120) this will go directly onto your twisp battery, the coils on those are dual coil, giving great vapor, flavor and durability. these coils easily lasted me 2 weeks.

I hope this info helps.
Thanks for the reply and advice i will definately look into VapeMob. I have found some threads about re wicking. Any idea how to do this on the Twisp coil?

Attachments

• 20150107_173138.jpg
    20150107_173138.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 35
Any idea which tank is a suitable replacement for the twisp battery? wouldn't mind a stronger hit on the throat too!

There are so many... it all depends on your budget

Aspire ET or ET-S
Aspire K1
Aspire Nautilus mini
Kangertech Mini ProTank 3
Kangertech Aerotank Mini
Kangertech Genitank

and the list goes on and on, But i think those are the most common...

Why not go to the vendors section of the forum ang browse their websites.

Been experiencing the same with Twisp recently, my wife still uses it, I've had 3 dead coils in the last month or so and the ones that did work burnt out in a week or so.

Need to get her a new device soon, their quality control is definitely slipping.

Just need to find a good rebel alternative for her then its bye bye twisp.

Wonder if the coil is totally burnt or can it be repaired? Mine still makes the noise so it's activating just no sorry very little smoke..

Thanks for the reply and advice i will definately look into VapeMob. I have found some threads about re wicking. Any idea how to do this on the Twisp coil?
Some have tried, without much success if I remember correctly.
Any idea which tank is a suitable replacement for the twisp battery? wouldn't mind a stronger hit on the throat too!
Presume you mean you still want to use the twisp battery, but another tank. If so, the twisp battery is really not powerful enough for the clearomizers on the market nowadays. Probably the EVOD1 will be your best bet - an excellent tank and still loved by many, but getting rather scarce.

Thanks Andre... Will try and locate a store near to me so that I can have a look at my options and compare them. Really enjoy the Twisp so reluctant to change but I'm frustrated with the coils issue so changing may be the only option.

Thanks Andre... Will try and locate a store near to me so that I can have a look at my options and compare them. Really enjoy the Twisp so reluctant to change but I'm frustrated with the coils issue so changing may be the only option.

My honest opinion, if you are enjoying the twisp your going to have a vapegasim with one of the tanks @Oliver Barry mentioned. :D

The only brick and mortar vape stores I know of in Durban is the new one at Gateway in Umhlanga and the one in Beria Alta restaurant in Ballito.

@kishan213 , Kanger EVOD clearos. +1 to what Andre said. BCC, Bottom Coil Clearomiser. It was the biggest breakthrough for me. Major increase in vapour and flavour. They work perfectly on the Twisp battery. And you can rewick them. i have 3, my mom has 3, still use them every day. They cost R80, coils R20, 5-pack R100. Soak the coils in boiling water after few days use, then they can last for months, although not so well.
The others mentioned are dual coils, will not work properly on the Twisp battery.
There are no shops in Durban that would have them, unless perhaps the new shop at Gateway does - you could call them to check.

You love vaping NOT twisp. The top half of the twisp is terrible. And that black color your liquid goes... Thats not good either man.

Once you try another tank you will never want to go back to a twisp.

I started on a twisp and also loved it. Now Im vaping on a device similar size to a 200ml coke can..

BTW you cannot repair the twisp coils. best is to avoid the company all together and go for the better quality better performance tanks... Hope you find the light :)

You love vaping NOT twisp. The top half of the twisp is terrible. And that black color your liquid goes... Thats not good either man.

Once you try another tank you will never want to go back to a twisp.

I started on a twisp and also loved it. Now Im vaping on a device similar size to a 200ml coke can..

BTW you cannot repair the twisp coils. best is to avoid the company all together and go for the better quality better performance tanks... Hope you find the light :)

Lol the twisp is not that bad of a device

Sure it's a little on the steep side but because twisp are based in almost any mall, it's convenient to find a store If one is having device issues.

All in all its a decent, reliable device.

Greetings fellow Vapers. I have been happily vaping using a twisp clearo until recently. The coils would last a month at a time but now they just good for a week. I still hear the noise but little or no smoke appears.... I would appreciate any help or advice to repair or overcome the problem I have with my device. Thanks!
@kishan213

If you do want to go for another setup with a similar sort of style to the twisp, a vision spinner 2 with a mini Protank 3 is a good combo.

0a26e8079b8fd34bf1609c33f77fc05e.jpg

Been experiencing the same with Twisp recently, my wife still uses it, I've had 3 dead coils in the last month or so and the ones that did work burnt out in a week or so.

Need to get her a new device soon, their quality control is definitely slipping.

Just need to find a good rebel alternative for her then its bye bye twisp.

Try Papa smurf from Vapemob, much better than rebel.

Ecto plasm and Gummy berry is also some of my fav's in the pen vapes... Vanilla is best but always sold out.

Thanks for the links. I also had a look at the EVOD starter kits. They reasonably priced as well so might be heading that route soon. Hope that kit will improve my vaping experience.

Thanks for the links. I also had a look at the EVOD starter kits. They reasonably priced as well so might be heading that route soon. Hope that kit will improve my vaping experience.
I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the EVOD kit....

Oh it will. And after that it starts denting the bank account. ;) (As in "WOW, if this tastes so much better than twisp, I wonder what an Istick with Mini Nautilus is like"... and after that... "OMG, if this tastes so much better than my EVOD, I wonder what mechs and rebuilables are like"... etc, etc):rofl:

I just found this online. Gateway vape shop stocks them. http://vapeshop.co.za/Clearomizer-E...lectronic-cigarette-evod-clearomizer.html#all . Is this the correct tank? would prefer to try these tanks first before upgrading the entire kit.. that's if it is the correct Evod tank that im looking for. R100 as well so doesn't damage the pocket , will get the father in law one too8--)

Start a post in Who has stock. There are better prices out there for them but the retailers are not allowed to reply here.

Kishan are you tilting your twisp pen down to let the juice hit the coils before every hit. Your have to do that because the coil sits on the top of the tank and doesn't wick without doing that. If you don't do the tilt then your coils will burn out faster due to overheating, dry hits leaving carbon gunk residue on the coil and wicks.

Back