Valley Vapour - DIY Mixing Scales

Got mine today and works perfectly for a first time diy'er like myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All

It's been a while since my last post here but the search for a scale worthy of the Valley Vapour sticker has continued. At long last after many junky samples I have found a gem!

The build quality is excellent, auto-off is 5 minutes, it's rated for a max weight of 500g in 0.01g increments. Something else I noticed straight away is the response time, it's incredibly quick. Not a feature I would normally notice, but my other scales feel like 286's now.

It has the essential Tare function, a stainless steel platform, overload and low battery indicators and is capable of multiple units of measurement (g, oz, gn, tl, ct, ozt, dwt) but you're going to want to make sure it's always set to "g".

In the spirit of being open and honest there are however two minor things that I would change if I could. The lid locates nicely on top but it doesn't clip in anywhere and the LCD is white on black (more like light blue) so it doesn't do too well in bright light. That being said it's still the first scale I reach for when I want to mix.

Calibration requires a 200g and 500g weight and the process is really simple after figuring out the Chinglish.

I'll save you the trouble with a translation:

Start with the scale OFF and press the Power button once
When you see 0.00, press and hold "M" until it flashes "CAL"
Scale then displays "200", place 200g weight onto the scale
Scale display changes to "500", remove 200g and place 500g onto the scale
Scale displays "PASS" and turns off
Calibration done!

We will be offering two options, you can get just the scale on it's own, which will be pre-calibrated by us before being sent out, but will not include the weights (will be available separately if you change your mind later) or the scale including weights combo.

DIY Digital Mixing Scale (Pre-calibrated)

DIY Digital Mixing Scale (Incl. 200g & 500g Calibration Weights)

View attachment 52544

View attachment 52547
View attachment 52546
View attachment 52545
View attachment 52543
@drew Do I need the calibration weights or rather will i ever need them in the future?

Do you recommend I get the weights with the scale?

@Christos The choice is really up to you. The scales are pre-calibrated but I've seen recommendations on the interwebs that scales be calibrated at least once a year. I've just checked mine which hasn't been calibrated in about a year and it read the 500g weight at 499.86g and the 200g weight at 199.95g so it does drift with time and use.

@Christos The choice is really up to you. The scales are pre-calibrated but I've seen recommendations on the interwebs that scales be calibrated at least once a year. I've just checked mine which hasn't been calibrated in about a year and it read the 500g weight at 499.86g and the 200g weight at 199.95g so it does drift with time and use.
Thanks @drew . Might as well get the weights now anyways. Just need to check my nic stockpile before ordering.

Back