Valley Vapour - DIY Mixing Scales

Big time! While you lunatics are weighing your DIY Juices I will be weighing my REO's! :p

Why do you think im getting the scale Rob?
Haha

No seriously, this scale is going to be doing some serious weighing of different types of menthol concentrates!

@Silver lol but seriously, working with a scale makes the actual mixing part so much more enjoying.

I hated working with syringes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
@rogue zombie I know this is going to be the most stupid question ever - but since I know you have experience in this. How do you use the scale with say the SkyBlueVaping bottles, they not like the Valley Vapour bottles that have the little nozzle, so it is not possible to use drops with the sky bottles. Shit it is to early and I'm struggling to explain this. I will come back here later and fix this, sorry everyone that has to read this garbage.

@rogue zombie I know this is going to be the most stupid question ever - but since I know you have experience in this. How do you use the scale with say the SkyBlueVaping bottles, they not like the Valley Vapour bottles that have the little nozzle, so it is not possible to use drops with the sky bottles. Shit it is to early and I'm struggling to explain this. I will come back here later and fix this, sorry everyone that has to read this garbage.
If you have a steady hand you can try pouring, but this works better if the bottle isn't full, or you'll have to use a syringe or pipette. If you do use a syringe or pipette, just be careful of cross contamination. This could also be a double check, because you know roughly how many ml's you need so draw up only enough and then weigh the correct amount. I also use beakers and flasks to mix so if I weighed correctly the flask should be at 100ml when I'm done. HTH

Hey @NewOobY. Was waiting for @rogue zombie to answer, but since it seems like it is too early for him as well, Ill help out (and Im procrastinating like a boss at the moment).

Mixing by weight works totally different than by volume/drops. Rather than explain it myself (too early for me as well ) you can read Botboy's guide from reddit:

https://m.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2iq3km/botboy141_guide_to_mixing_by_weight/

Anyway, with the skyblue tinted bottles, I use 1 ml syringes, or if I only need a single concentrate, an old dripper from a commercial juice's bottle. Similar to what you would've been using when mixing by volume I guess... so just watch out for contamination and clean/dispose afterwards! The only difference is that you dont necessarily have to measure the amount in a syringe nor count the drops (although it is good practice in the beginning, if you are unsure about specific weights and your scale's accuracy) - you stop adding when youve hit the correct weight!

Alternatively, you can buy 10 ml HDPE bottles and transfer your Skyblue concentrates to those... but after reading your other thread, thats probably a bad idea!

Btw, most ejuice software has a calculator for calculating the weight of each component in a recipe... although it isnt always apparent.

If you have a steady hand you can try pouring, but this works better if the bottle isn't full, or you'll have to use a syringe or pipette. If you do use a syringe or pipette, just be careful of cross contamination. This could also be a double check, because you know roughly how many ml's you need so draw up only enough and then weigh the correct amount. I also use beakers and flasks to mix so if I weighed correctly the flask should be at 100ml when I'm done. HTH

Thanks for the information :). This is helpful

Hey @NewOobY. Was waiting for @rogue zombie to answer, but since it seems like it is too early for him as well, Ill help out (and Im procrastinating like a boss at the moment).

Mixing by weight works totally different than by volume/drops. Rather than explain it myself (too early for me as well ) you can read Botboy's guide from reddit:

https://m.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/2iq3km/botboy141_guide_to_mixing_by_weight/

Anyway, with the skyblue tinted bottles, I use 1 ml syringes, or if I only need a single concentrate, an old dripper from a commercial juice's bottle. Similar to what you would've been using when mixing by volume I guess... so just watch out for contamination and clean/dispose afterwards! The only difference is that you dont necessarily have to measure the amount in a syringe nor count the drops (although it is good practice in the beginning, if you are unsure about specific weights and your scale's accuracy) - you stop adding when youve hit the correct weight!

Alternatively, you can buy 10 ml HDPE bottles and transfer your Skyblue concentrates to those... but after reading your other thread, thats probably a bad idea!

Btw, most ejuice software has a calculator for calculating the weight of each component in a recipe... although it isnt always apparent.

Thanks @Ezekiel really appreciate your help, I have been using syringes as my sole measure when creating mixes. I will take a look at that guide, I actually got busy at work so forgot to update my post I made. so that it makes more sense, but I think you guys got the just of it.

Thanks again gentlemen for the assistance, and sorry about the thread derail @drew

As others have explained.

Skyblue bottles used to come with droppers. Last time I bought they did not. But I used to keep the droppers.

So you will need to get droppers and then drip drops into the container/bottle you're making your juice in.

As you drip, the weight goes up. So like an average would be 6 drops = 0.25g which would be 0.25mls. You would obviously have worked out how much grams of flavour you would need.

Then reset the scale and move onto next flavour

Last edited:
i literally can't wait :), @drew if you going to bring in calibration weights as well - I too would like a set depending on price though. I think you mentioned that it could cost about half the price of the scale <-- If this is true I too want a set of calibration weights and a scale like @Silver i think :)

@NewOobY the calibration weights are on their way ;) Expected to arrive shortly after the scales. To clarify it's not a set of weights, it's just one 500g weight which is what is needed to calibrate this scale.

Unless we get hit with unforeseen duties on the import, the calibration weight will go for R170. Most of that cost is getting them here, at half a kilo per piece, shipping costs are nasty.

All scales will be @Silver spec with a Valley Vapour sticker containing special juju that will make your mixes better. Easily removed but do so at your own risk :giggle:

hehehe cool thanks @drew in that case count me in on the weight too :), I actually need a 200g weight as well maybe on your next shipment you can organize me one :D - really appreciate your help man...

hehehe cool thanks @drew in that case count me in on the weight too :), I actually need a 200g weight as well maybe on your next shipment you can organize me one :D - really appreciate your help man...

Yip, can organise a 200g weight for you with the next one @NewOobY.

Sure @StealthCubz, will do.

Back