Valley Vapour - DIY Mixing Scales

The ETA is 0 days, but this isn't good news...

The scales arrived today and they are absolute junk!

They resemble the scale I thought I was bringing in but look and feel like a clone of a clone of clone. Skew LCDs, bad printing, sharp joins on the plastic, skew platforms, covers that don't fit properly. Arrrrgh :mad: No way my name is going anywhere near these doorstops.

Sorry to let you guys down like this, I am hunting for the manufacturer who makes the decent quality ones so that I can get this sorted out.

They resemble the scale I thought I was bringing in but look and feel like a clone of a clone of clone. Skew LCDs, bad printing, sharp joins on the plastic, skew platforms, covers that don't fit properly. Arrrrgh :mad: No way my name is going anywhere near these doorstops.

Sorry to let you guys down like this, I am hunting for the manufacturer who makes the decent quality ones so that I can get this sorted out.

You are a top man for being so honest you deserve one hell of a thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up and being honest.

Last edited:

Sad days for those waiting for these, but serious kudos to your integrity @drew !

Honesty and transparency keeps loyal customers, much appreciated that you let us know what happened. I hope you manage to sort something out with the current batch being subpar.

It sucks ordering something and when they get here it isn't what you expected.

Best of luck!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for letting us know @drew and am sorry it turned out like this

Hoping you find a scale worthy enough of putting the Valley Vapour name on it.

Thats a pity. Thanks for you honesty. Perhaps see if you can get a supplier that can provide you with
"American Weigh Scales LB-501". They are supposed to be very good.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the understanding.

@MorneW The American Weigh Scales are highly regarded but that name comes with a price tag. I set out to find a scale that can be sourced from China that is of good quality and will be affordable for everyone. I have one of these scales purchased from a retailer in China, I found who I thought was the manufacturer and made the mistake of relying on product images to verify that it was the same. You live and you learn and I won't make the same mistake again.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the understanding.

@MorneW The American Weigh Scales are highly regarded but that name comes with a price tag. I set out to find a scale that can be sourced from China that is of good quality and will be affordable for everyone. I have one of these scales purchased from a retailer in China, I found who I thought was the manufacturer and made the mistake of relying on product images to verify that it was the same. You live and you learn and I won't make the same mistake again.

Ya unfortunately its a gamble.

Mine happens to be a cheap China scale, and it happens to works properly.

Cheers for the honesty Drew.
Its actions like this that will keep me supporting you (also you have the widest select of flavors from different brands but w/e you amazing!)

Hi All

It's been a while since my last post here but the search for a scale worthy of the Valley Vapour sticker has continued. At long last after many junky samples I have found a gem!

The build quality is excellent, auto-off is 5 minutes, it's rated for a max weight of 500g in 0.01g increments. Something else I noticed straight away is the response time, it's incredibly quick. Not a feature I would normally notice, but my other scales feel like 286's now.

It has the essential Tare function, a stainless steel platform, overload and low battery indicators and is capable of multiple units of measurement (g, oz, gn, tl, ct, ozt, dwt) but you're going to want to make sure it's always set to "g".

In the spirit of being open and honest there are however two minor things that I would change if I could. The lid locates nicely on top but it doesn't clip in anywhere and the LCD is white on black (more like light blue) so it doesn't do too well in bright light. That being said it's still the first scale I reach for when I want to mix.

Calibration requires a 200g and 500g weight and the process is really simple after figuring out the Chinglish.

I'll save you the trouble with a translation:

Start with the scale OFF and press the Power button once
When you see 0.00, press and hold "M" until it flashes "CAL"
Scale then displays "200", place 200g weight onto the scale
Scale display changes to "500", remove 200g and place 500g onto the scale
Scale displays "PASS" and turns off
Calibration done!

We will be offering two options, you can get just the scale on it's own, which will be pre-calibrated by us before being sent out, but will not include the weights (will be available separately if you change your mind later) or the scale including weights combo.

DIY Digital Mixing Scale (Pre-calibrated)

DIY Digital Mixing Scale (Incl. 200g & 500g Calibration Weights)

DIY E-liquid Scale.jpg

SF-830 Scale.jpg
Mixing_Scale_DIY.jpg
DIY_Mixing_Scale.JPG
500g 0.01g Scale.jpg

Awesome @drew
That looks like a marvellous scale indeed!!
Well done for finding it

Damn, just got a scale Friday, but want to take it back for credit as it doesn't weigh accurately, will have to place my order @drew, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait... did you mean dimensions?

Scale: 145mm x 145mm x 15mm
Platform: 130mm x 97mm

Last edited:
Really good quality scale @drew, used it over the weekend and it works great. Thanks for all the effort in bringing this to us

Great find @drew ,thank you

Worked out nicely for me. I was indecisive of where to order a AWS from, then this popped up. Order and get in the next day - nice and easy how I like it.

I mixed up a storm this weekend, and this one works fantastically!

Back