Vape King - Retailer Reviews

@Hooked I would if Vape King offered payment through I-Pay and/or Payfast (like most vendors) because both ways allow you to select the account to pay from. I don’t have that option paying via card.

@Carnival and @Steyn777 You can definitely pay without doing a manual EFT - I do it all the time and I've just done so now with a small order from Vape King.

I copied this from Vape King's website.
Payment options
  • Cash on collection
  • EFT (Electronic funds transfer)
  • Paygate secure online payments
  • Mobicred
  • Bitcoin
If you select PayGate it gives two payment options:
Card
PayPal

@Stroodlepuff PayPal didn't work today, neither did it work the last time I placed an order.
this is the error message. It's a bit confusing because your site says Paygate, but the message is from PayPal:
"This transaction cannot be completed due to the following error:
An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process this transaction (SERV_DO_PAYPAL)
Please report this error to the web site administrator"

However, if you select "Card" you can type in whichever card number you choose, thereby choosing which account you pay from. (Unless of course you want to pay from an account which doesn't have a card linked to it?

Anyway, Carnival and Steyn777, in trying to help you I found another coffee juice on Vape King's site. Not really a coffee, but a coffee cake. So thanks for having a problem lol.

@Carnival and @Steyn777 You can definitely pay without doing a manual EFT - I do it all the time and I've just done so now with a small order from Vape King.

Payment options
  • Cash on collection
  • Mobicred
  • Bitcoin
Card
PayPal

@Stroodlepuff PayPal didn't work today, neither did it work the last time I placed an order.
this is the error message. It's a bit confusing because your site says Paygate, but the message is from PayPal:
An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to process this transaction (SERV_DO_PAYPAL)

However, if you select "Card" you can type in whichever card number you choose, thereby choosing which account you pay from. (Unless of course you want to pay from an account which doesn't have a card linked to it?

Anyway, Carnival and Steyn777, in trying to help you I found another coffee juice on Vape King's site. Not really a coffee, but a coffee cake. So thanks for having a problem lol.
Thanks for the help @Hooked, when I place orders I expect to wait a few days so not something that bothers me...this was just so much effort, mixes, convincing etc that went into it that the very thought of a backslide over gear was to much to handle.

Sorry, but I don't understand. Yes, payment via PayFast or PayGate or any of these systems is via your credit card. You need to type in your card number etc.
Lol, I don't own a credit card @Hooked, I actually don't own any form of bank card. I pay everything via EFT and if I need cash I use E-Wallet

Lol, I don't own a credit card @Hooked, I actually don't own any form of bank card. I pay everything via EFT and if I need cash I use E-Wallet

Ohhhhhh ... now I get it! I wonder if the system accepts debit cards? A few years ago while I was still living overseas, I tried to buy an book flights online with my debit card but it was rejected. My credit card was accepted. Now that just doesn't make sense!!!

Ohhhhhh ... now I get it! I wonder if the system accepts debit cards? A few years ago while I was still living overseas, I tried to buy an book flights online with my debit card but it was rejected. My credit card was accepted. Now that just doesn't make sense!!!
I've only come across maybe 2 places that I wanted orders from (way before my Vaping days) were I needed a credit card. So I got 1 for that and before I could say Ebay I maxed it out, this in a time were my son was not even 3 months old, moved Jobs and Location in the same period...ag long story short , I wad still learning. Took me years to get rid of that debt and tha was als the last credit card I ever owned. I am not good with credit, and luckily I realised that early in life.

I've only come across maybe 2 places that I wanted orders from (way before my Vaping days) were I needed a credit card. So I got 1 for that and before I could say Ebay I maxed it out, this in a time were my son was not even 3 months old, moved Jobs and Location in the same period...ag long story short , I wad still learning. Took me years to get rid of that debt and tha was als the last credit card I ever owned. I am not good with credit, and luckily I realised that early in life.
I hear ya man. But a cheque card (without an overdraft) is also a good option. They work for online payments and you don't run the risk of going over :)

I hear ya man. But a cheque card (without an overdraft) is also a good option. They work for online payments and you don't run the risk of going over :)
Oh I have these cards...well if I go and and apply for replacements, but been doing this for about 2 years now and I just don't see the need.

Payment options
  • Cash on collection
  • Mobicred
  • Bitcoin
Card
PayPal

Thanks for trying to help @Hooked , but as I said it doesn’t give me the option to select the account I want to pay from during the checkout process, only I-Pay and Payfast do. Nice to hear you found a coffee cake juice! :)

Payfast unfortunately went on a campaign against vaping a while back, hence we switched to Paygate, I dont know if they have since gone back to allowing online payments for vape shops, haven't had a reason to check since we switched to Paygate.

Payfast unfortunately went on a campaign against vaping a while back, hence we switched to Paygate, I dont know if they have since gone back to allowing online payments for vape shops, haven't had a reason to check since we switched to Paygate.

@Stroodlepuff
WTF ???!!!! How dare Payfast decide something like that?? They're simply a processing system, not the Lord Almighty! That's %$#^R%^%^%$ unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

FYI I paid for my online order yesterday through Paygate without a problem, but perhaps you should seriously consider Snapscan or Zapper - that is, if legislation doesn't prohibit online purchasing!

@Stroodlepuff
WTF ???!!!! How dare Payfast decide something like that?? They're simply a processing system, not the Lord Almighty! That's %$#^R%^%^%$ unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

FYI I paid for my online order yesterday through Paygate without a problem, but perhaps you should seriously consider Snapscan or Zapper - that is, if legislation doesn't prohibit online purchasing!
It wasn't PayFast as much as it was the credit card companies (Visa and MasterCard themselves), I believe, and PayFast didn't want to take chances with those guys.
@Stroodlepuff , PayFast does still offer InstantEFT for vaping companies though?

It wasn't PayFast as much as it was the credit card companies (Visa and MasterCard themselves), I believe.
@Stroodlepuff , PayFast does still offer InstantEFT for vaping companies though?

We do still use them for Mobicred and Bitcoin, I will see if we can reactivate the instant EFT option. We are very happy with the service from paygate so far, will chat to them about an instant EFT option too.

We do still use them for Mobicred and Bitcoin, I will see if we can reactivate the instant EFT option. We are very happy with the service from paygate so far, will chat to them about an instant EFT option too.

Thank you @Stroodlepuff . An instant EFT option would make life a lot easier when ordering from you guys.

Shoutout to the staff at VK Northcliff. I found myself in JHB without any re-wicking supplies, and they were the closest store.

Friendly and efficient service, no BS, no untz untz edm or any of the other annoyances that seem to plague local B&M stores lately.

much appreciated!

It wasn't PayFast as much as it was the credit card companies (Visa and MasterCard themselves), I believe, and PayFast didn't want to take chances with those guys.

@aktorsyl I doubt that it's the credit card companies - they don't care what you buy so long as you spend ... spend ... spend...

Thank you @Stroodlepuff . An instant EFT option would make life a lot easier when ordering from you guys.

Instant eft now available through paygate, simply choose the paygate option when checking out and select SID instant eft once you get through to the paygatepage

2018-06-05 (3).png

With regards to paypal @Hooked we are busy working with Paypal to get the errors sorted out, they are investigating it from their side to see why it is giving intermittent errors

Instant eft now available through paygate, simply choose the paygate option when checking out and select SID instant eft once you get through to the paygatepage

View attachment 134360

With regards to paypal @Hooked we are busy working with Paypal to get the errors sorted out, they are investigating it from their side to see why it is giving intermittent errors

Thanks @Stroodlepuff. btw last week I bought something from Avacare and payment went through via PayPal with no problem. Maybe PayPal didn't realise it's a vaping site lol. Perhaps you should change your name to Health King! I still think that Snapscan or Zapper are by far the easiest from a buyer's point of view.

View attachment 134360

This is fantastic!!!! Thank you SO much!!!! Really appreciated. :)

Thanks @Stroodlepuff. btw last week I bought something from Avacare and payment went through via PayPal with no problem. Maybe PayPal didn't realise it's a vaping site lol. Perhaps you should change your name to Health King! I still think that Snapscan or Zapper are by far the easiest from a buyer's point of view.

Hello Vape King,

Our review is complete and we have restored your account.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your help in making PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.

Everything should be 100% sorted now @Hooked

Extremely disappointed today. I saw on vapeking site that they have the ijust2 on special for R200. With me only having 22ml rtas i immediately phoned vape king krugersdorp and they told me that they had 1 left. Loaded the kids in the car, with me very excited. Got there and it was one out of the box. More scratches than my car's fendor and the button completely recessed. Doest even work. Guy at the counter starts ringing up as if theres no issue. Needless to say i didnt buy it. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Dont think i will support them again. I know for most people this would only be an annoyance. But R200 for me is a lot of money. I dont ever spoil myself, but wanted to today with something small for myself

Back