VapeCon 2017 - the story in pictures

Moving on...

The next exhibitor is none other than Vapour Mountain

From Cape Town, this long-standing and well-known juice-maker put in yet another sterling job from afar and had an awesome stand on the day. Benji (@Oupa) , the founder and mixologist has been supporting this forum and its initiatives since the beginning. He is a true gentleman and oozes passion for vaping and the industry at large.

Vapour Mountain had a medium stand facing the informal seating area. It was well lit, professionally branded and had some lovely couches!

This was early in the morning, before the doors opened. Final preparations. Looking good! Check out the archway with lights. Really cool!

Vapecon0287.JPG

Front shot. TV Screen on the right. Apparel on the left ;-)

Vapecon0288.JPG

From the other side. Nice couches and coffee table vibe. I think that's Damian and Chanel in the background. @Oupa , correct me if I am wrong. My gosh, that looks like lighting on the edges of the flooring! Lovely!

Vapecon0289.JPG

There were plenty of juices to test on the day. There was also a lot of excitement around the VM apparel - especially the VM camo cap!

Vapecon2127.JPG

Classic cloud with @Oupa in the background

Vapecon2133.JPG

The man himself, @Oupa - BB in hand & wearing the camo cap ;-) Great photo!

Vapecon2124.JPG

Group shot. Happy faces.

Vapecon1815.JPG

A big thank you to Benji @Oupa and the VM team for the effort you put in to be with us again this year! You did us all proud! And for all the encouragement and support over the years. You rock @Oupa !

Moving on...

From Cape Town, this long-standing and well-known juice-maker put in yet another sterling job from afar and had an awesome stand on the day. Benji (@Oupa) , the founder and mixologist has been supporting this forum and its initiatives since the beginning. He is a true gentleman and oozes passion for vaping and the industry at large.

Vapour Mountain had a medium stand facing the informal seating area. It was well lit, professionally branded and had some lovely couches!

This was early in the morning, before the doors opened. Final preparations. Looking good! Check out the archway with lights. Really cool!

View attachment 110173

View attachment 110174

From the other side. Nice couches and coffee table vibe. I think that's Damian and Chanel in the background. @Oupa , correct me if I am wrong. My gosh, that looks like lighting on the edges of the flooring! Lovely!

View attachment 110175

There were plenty of juices to test on the day. There was also a lot of excitement around the VM apparel - especially the VM camo cap!

View attachment 110176

View attachment 110177

View attachment 110178

Group shot. Happy faces.

View attachment 110179

A big thank you to Benji @Oupa and the VM team for the effort you put in to be with us again this year! You did us all proud! And for all the encouragement and support over the years. You rock @Oupa !
Awesome pics of an amazing stand! @Oupa makes my favourite juice, and is an absolutely top vendor! It was really cool to finally get to meet you guy.

The next exhibitor is Wiener Vape Co.

Yet another vendor from out of town - this time from Richards Bay, KZN. Wiener Vape Co is also a top class local juice-maker that has come a long way in a fairly short space of time. The founder and mixologist Gerhard (@Rooigevaar ) is a fantastic guy with a lot of passion. Wiener Vape Co. has been supporting the forum and its initiatives for a long time.

They had a small stand just off the centre and it was very impactful. This was early in the morning before doors opened. Super branding all around.

Vapecon0012.JPG

Practical cocktail tables with nice wooden tops that matched the wooden floors...

Vapecon0386.JPG

The stand was extremely packed at times - I think this could have been just before a giveaway of sorts... If you look closely, I think there is Gerhard @Rooigevaar manning the stand in the middle - with the black cap ;-)

Vapecon2618.JPG

Hands in the air.... I wonder what was being given away here? :rolleyes:

Vapecon2619.JPG

Amazing to see the ECIGSSA Juice Awards badge proudly displayed on their stand! Wiener Vape Co. took three awards earlier in 2017 - best Tobacco for Good Boy, best Dessert for Jelly Monster and best overall juice for Good Boy!

Vapecon2623.JPG

And how amazing is this! Wiener Vape Co. even had these friendly folk on stilts, making balloons for people. That famous Wiener sausage dog lives on ;-) Love it!

Vapecon2531.JPG

A big thank you to Gerhard @Rooigevaar for all the effort you and your team put in to this and for all the enthusiasm along the way. Thanks to Wiener Vape Co for helping to make this such a special event!

Yet another vendor from out of town - this time from Richards Bay, KZN. Wiener Vape Co is also a top class local juice-maker that has come a long way in a fairly short space of time. The founder and mixologist Gerhard (@Rooigevaar ) is a fantastic guy with a lot of passion. Wiener Vape Co. has been supporting the forum and its initiatives for a long time.

They had a small stand just off the centre and it was very impactful. This was early in the morning before doors opened. Super branding all around.

View attachment 110210

Practical cocktail tables with nice wooden tops that matched the wooden floors...

View attachment 110211

The stand was extremely packed at times - I think this could have been just before a giveaway of sorts... If you look closely, I think there is Gerhard @Rooigevaar manning the stand in the middle - with the black cap ;-)

View attachment 110212

View attachment 110213

Amazing to see the ECIGSSA Juice Awards badge proudly displayed on their stand! Wiener Vape Co. took three awards earlier in 2017 - best Tobacco for Good Boy, best Dessert for Jelly Monster and best overall juice for Good Boy!

View attachment 110214

And how amazing is this! Wiener Vape Co. even had these friendly folk on stilts, making balloons for people. That famous Wiener sausage dog lives on ;-) Love it!

View attachment 110215

A big thank you to Gerhard @Rooigevaar for all the effort you and your team put in to this and for all the enthusiasm along the way. Thanks to Wiener Vape Co for helping to make this such a special event!

Epic photos!!! Loved every second of VapeCon 2017. Here we come 2018!!!

Moving on...

View attachment 110173

View attachment 110174

View attachment 110175

View attachment 110176

View attachment 110177

View attachment 110178

Group shot. Happy faces.

View attachment 110179

Thank you @Silver ! What a brilliant event this was for vaping in SA! We REALLY enjoyed it and Vapour Mountain will be back in 2018!

Moving on

The next exhibitor is Atomic Vape, from Witbank.

They had a small stand on left wall. Nicely kitted out with lots of things to try.

Vapecon1927.JPG

A view from the top. Not to be confused with Atomix Vapes, who, incidentally was across the walkway. Atomic Vape is the stand at the bottom of the photo.

Vapecon2658.JPG

Thank you to Daniel, @Rashid and your team for your efforts in being part of VapeCon 2017!

Our next exhibitor is Atomix Vapes

The founder and chief, Duane @Frostbite is a fantastic guy. Atomix Vapes is from the East Rand of JHB and has been around for a long time. They have a lot of fans. We are so pleased they joined us for their first VapeCon appearance this year.

They had a medium sized stand in the left hand side of the arena at the end of one of the islands.

They made great use of the space, with counter space all around. Very nice with glass cabinets and good branding. What a fabulous stand!

This was early, before the arena got packed. From the one side:

Vapecon0336.JPG

From the other side. Jeepers, @Frostbite those spotlights were bright ;-)

Vapecon0337.JPG

View from above. Very busy!

Vapecon2660.JPG

Happy days! Notice the staff all working hard to serve the eager peeps!

Vapecon2566.JPG

Thank you Duane @Frostbite and your team for being there with us and for taking part. And for all the effort you guys put in! Super!

Next up is AVE40

This is an international vaping distributor from China. We were honoured and privileged to have you there with us @Ave40 .

AVE40 had a large stand near the top right side of the arena.

This was very early in the morning on VapeCon day. What I liked about their stand was the space and the tables and chairs. I sat there for a few minutes during the day to have a little break and chat.

Vapecon0034.JPG

Friendly and helpful representatives all the time at the AVE40 stand!

Vapecon2538.JPG

A big thank you to Kidd, Aida, Loren, Jason and the whole @Ave40 team for all your efforts and for travelling from so far. It was a pleasure to host you guys at VapeCon 2017!

Next is local juicemaker Blends of Distinction

Founder and mixologist Doug (@Blends Of Distinction) has a lot of passion for vaping and the industry. His hard work has paid off and Blends of Distinction is now a well-known juice name.

Doug is also very helpful and has always offered us help and encouragement along the way. Whether it's helping with shoelaces to tie down ECIGSSA banners at Vape Meets or helping out with electrical issues, he is always there and eager to make things work. Thank you Doug!

This was their second VapeCon appearance. They had a small stand against the left wall. It came out superbly! Great branding, very professional and practical. And there's the charging station on the right!

Vapecon0345.JPG

Here's a view from the top. Blends of Distinction can be seen in the bottom right of the photo:

Vapecon2639.JPG

The main man Doug in action, impressing the peeps with his juices ;-)

Vapecon0441.JPG

Interested vapers testing out the offerings...

Vapecon0447.JPG

And blowing a cloud. Nice!

Vapecon0444.JPG

Group shot

Vapecon1811.JPG

A big thank you to Doug @Blends Of Distinction , Sharon and your team for the effort and dedication. We are proud of you and you did a great job!

View attachment 110210

View attachment 110211

View attachment 110212

View attachment 110213

View attachment 110214

View attachment 110215

@Rooigevaar next time just hire @acorn.
He was as tall as the people on stilts!

Time to continue

Next exhibitor is Cosmic Dropz. They are a local juice maker, based in Durban.

It was their first VapeCon appearance. They had a small stand on one of the islands. This is a classic photo. That look is priceless. Don't know if that was you Muhammad, apologies ;-)

Vapecon0419.JPG

And here is their outside wing flag. Looking good.

Vapecon2080.JPG

Thank you for supporting the event and for the efforts coming up from Durban Muhammad!

Time to continue

Next exhibitor is Cosmic Dropz. They are a local juice maker, based in Durban.

It was their first VapeCon appearance. They had a small stand on one of the islands. This is a classic photo. That look is priceless. Don't know if that was you Muhammad, apologies ;-)

View attachment 110626

And here is their outside wing flag. Looking good.

View attachment 110627

Thank you for supporting the event and for the efforts coming up from Durban Muhammad!
Haha! I love it! The classic "You've asked enough questions to justify if you're going to buy or not, so make a choice because I'm pretty busy here" look!

Next up is Decadent Clouds

Also a local juice maker from Durban!

They had a small stand on one of the islands. All nicely laid out and neatly stacked. This was early in the morning before the doors opened. Balloons were a nice touch ;-)

Vapecon0035.JPG

And a bit later...

Vapecon0098.JPG

Thanks for the support and the dedication Abdul @Rusty - we appreciate all the efforts travelling from far!

Next exhibitor is Gauteng-based Dragon Vape

They are known for their good specials on selected hardware and have recently released their own juices. @Lim is a long-time member here and they have been a supporting vendor for a while. Great to see them at VapeCon for their first appearance.

They had a small stand on the right hand wall

Vapecon0115.JPG

There weren't many photos @Lim, sorry - but I know you had some challenges on the day setting up. Thank you for the support and for pulling through and making it. Was great to have you there with us!

Haha! I love it! The classic "You've asked enough questions to justify if you're going to buy or not, so make a choice because I'm pretty busy here" look!

You summarised it so well @Stosta !
Lol

Next up is Drip Society

Drip Society is a local retailer that has made a name for itself selling awesome premium international juices! The founder and driver is none other than long-time member @Cruzz_33 . He is a fantastic guy, has lots of passion for the industry and is always polite and a true gentleman.

Drip Society had a small stand on the right hand wall. They made great use of the space. This was early in the morning, finishing the final touches. Nice metal counter-top. Good shelving at the back. And check the branded race bike!

Vapecon0114.JPG

Here is the main man @Cruzz_33 in action. Looks like he is calculating a mega discount on the calculator ;-)

Vapecon2541.JPG

A view from above. Could that be you guys at the counter @Christos and @SAVapeGear ? Hehe.

Vapecon0209.JPG

Group shot on the bike later in the day. Pole position. Lovely :D

Vapecon1855.JPG

Thanks for the support and efforts @Cruzz_33. It was super to have you and the Drip Society team at VapeCon 2017! You guys did great and we are proud of you.

Next up is Drip Society

Drip Society is a local retailer that has made a name for itself selling awesome premium international juices! The founder and driver is none other than long-time member @Cruzz_33 . He is a fantastic guy, has lots of passion for the industry and is always polite and a true gentleman.

Drip Society had a small stand on the right hand wall. They made great use of the space. This was early in the morning, finishing the final touches. Nice metal counter-top. Good shelving at the back. And check the branded race bike!

View attachment 110635

Here is the main man @Cruzz_33 in action. Looks like he is calculating a mega discount on the calculator ;-)

View attachment 110634

A view from above. Could that be you guys at the counter @Christos and @SAVapeGear ? Hehe.

View attachment 110636

Group shot on the bike later in the day. Pole position. Lovely :D

View attachment 110638

Thanks for the support and efforts @Cruzz_33. It was super to have you and the Drip Society team at VapeCon 2017! You guys did great and we are proud of you.
Perhaps :D

Lol

IF that is you, then it is likely the gent next to you is @SAVapeGear ;-)
Check out the size of his backpack though. My word
@SAVapeGear , if this is true, what did that backpack weigh in the morning when you arrived and in the afternoon when you left? :)

Next up is none other than the ECIGSSA / VapeCon stand

This was a very important stand on the day :D

Not only was it our "base" from which to operate, it also served as the centre for the DIY Comp, the Vendor Juice shootout and as the place to sign up for the trick and cloud blowing comps on the day. Among other things...

We were very pleased with how it turned out and a big thank you to Sheree, Andrew and the Exhibitions SA team for all their help!

There were counters all round, with lots of space for us to do our admin duties. And our branded backwalls, which turned out great. This photo was taken very early in the morning before VapeCon opened.

Vapecon0028.JPG

A special photo to show @Rowan Francis 's kilt ! Thanks Rowan for dressing up! Notice the famous orange cloth hanging in an easy to reach position ;) That's @Rob Fisher in the foreground with his back to us. Note he was wearing a puffy jacket because it was cold at the time. But true to form, he had his shorts on! I see the testers were being laid out for the comps.

Vapecon0124.JPG

From a distance to show the stand in perspective. We had a medium-sized stand, facing the informal area near the stage (for easy access for the competitions and admin duties). Behind us, you can see the very large Vape Cartel stand :eek:

Vapecon0206.JPG

Some of the VapeCon promotional ladies, adding glamour and posing in front of the backwalls. They were very busy on the day and helped us hugely to get so many things done.

Vapecon0754.JPG

@Alex - esteemed co member of the Admin and Mod team - posing with the ladies. Lovely!

Vapecon0842.JPG

The stand was packed most of the day with lots of ECIGSSA forumites and VapeCon attendees coming to say hi and trying out the various competition juices. Here is one photo which gives an idea of what it was like. Lots of action. Stage and lights in the background. Puffs of vapour everywhere. Just glorious!

Vapecon2527.JPG

Ready for testing and voting. A smile for the camera. Notice @Stosta on the left and @shaunnadan very busy on the right. Hehe.

Vapecon2730.JPG

@shaunnadan in action on one of the side counters. More than likely getting one of the prize announcements ready ;-) @shaunnadan made sure so many things ran smoothly on the day. Big respect and thanks to you Shaun!

Vapecon2731.JPG

A @Stosta classic! We were so happy to have you with us on the day @Stosta and thank you for all the dedication and support. You such a champ! And that beard is legendary!

_XPR2242Tmail - 800 by 500 crop.jpg

Group shot. @Alex, @Rob Fisher and myself at the back. @Kuhlkatz and @Stosta in front. With several VapeCon promotional ladies. Special moments. Not all were present in this photo because we had "shifts" so some of us were probably at the entrance or doing the rounds elsewhere ;-)

_DSF8120Tmail - 800 by 533.jpg

I want to say a BIG thank you to each member of the ECIGSSA Admin and Mod Team. VapeCon 2017 was a large project and without your help in the months preceding and at the event itself, it wouldn't have been nearly as good. Your knowledge, care and commitment is exemplary. You can all be very proud of this!

Next up is none other than the ECIGSSA / VapeCon stand

This was a very important stand on the day :D

Not only was it our "base" from which to operate, it also served as the centre for the DIY Comp, the Vendor Juice shootout and as the place to sign up for the trick and cloud blowing comps on the day. Among other things...

We were very pleased with how it turned out and a big thank you to Sheree, Andrew and the Exhibitions SA team for all their help!

There were counters all round, with lots of space for us to do our admin duties. And our branded backwalls, which turned out great. This photo was taken very early in the morning before VapeCon opened.

View attachment 110790

A special photo to show @Rowan Francis 's kilt ! Thanks Rowan for dressing up! Notice the famous orange cloth hanging in an easy to reach position ;) That's @Rob Fisher in the foreground with his back to us. Note he was wearing a puffy jacket because it was cold at the time. But true to form, he had his shorts on! I see the testers were being laid out for the comps.

View attachment 110791

From a distance to show the stand in perspective. We had a medium-sized stand, facing the informal area near the stage (for easy access for the competitions and admin duties). Behind us, you can see the very large Vape Cartel stand :eek:

View attachment 110793

Some of the VapeCon promotional ladies, adding glamour and posing in front of the backwalls. They were very busy on the day and helped us hugely to get so many things done.

View attachment 110795

@Alex - esteemed co member of the Admin and Mod team - posing with the ladies. Lovely!

View attachment 110796

The stand was packed most of the day with lots of ECIGSSA forumites and VapeCon attendees coming to say hi and trying out the various competition juices. Here is one photo which gives an idea of what it was like. Lots of action. Stage and lights in the background. Puffs of vapour everywhere. Just glorious!

View attachment 110797

Ready for testing and voting. A smile for the camera. Notice @Stosta on the left and @shaunnadan very busy on the right. Hehe.

View attachment 110798

@shaunnadan in action on one of the side counters. More than likely getting one of the prize announcements ready ;-) @shaunnadan made sure so many things ran smoothly on the day. Big respect and thanks to you Shaun!

View attachment 110803

A @Stosta classic! We were so happy to have you with us on the day @Stosta and thank you for all the dedication and support. You such a champ! And that beard is legendary!

View attachment 110804

Group shot. @Alex, @Rob Fisher and myself at the back. @Kuhlkatz and @Stosta in front. With several VapeCon promotional ladies. Special moments. Not all were present in this photo because we had "shifts" so some of us were probably at the entrance or doing the rounds elsewhere ;-)

View attachment 110805

I want to say a BIG thank you to each member of the ECIGSSA Admin and Mod Team. VapeCon 2017 was a large project and without your help in the months preceding and at the event itself, it wouldn't have been nearly as good. Your knowledge, care and commitment is exemplary. You can all be very proud of this!

Hahaha! What makes you think that picture of me was taken at the end of a very long day! That looks like at least five beers in the sun! :-D

I loved the day, and being part of such a special team really is amazing! :h:

Back