Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

We have received the professional photos from VapeCon 2017. They are SUPERB!

We are going to use them to retell the story - with full commentary as we go. Similar to how we did it last year. It will be great to relive the special vibe on that day. @Rob Fisher and other members of the Admin and Mod team will be assisting me with this task.

We are going to try give a lot of context to the photos and where possible fill in the happenings, quirks, backstories and the fun things that happened around them. Feel free to contribute if we missed anything.

Keep your eyes on this thread - it's going to be fun to watch it unfold

We would like to give credit to the amazing photographer, Francois Booyens who photographed the event for us and delivered such a superb collection of photos!

VapeconPanorama8 - 1200 by 563.jpg

VapeCon 2017
Heartfelt Arena, Pretoria, South Africa
26th August 2017

MEGA EPIC!

Well it's been awhile since the Mega Epic VapeCon 2017 and a lot has been going on since then but just going through the pictures brings it all flooding back... it's always hard to convey the excitement with just words and pictures but those of you that made it to VapeCon will know the feeling well!

There is so much that goes into making VapeCon what it is and the months of preparation by Hi Ho @Silver and his team we haven't captured on film but just know that we had a successful and awesome time because of all the hard work that went before the cameraman arrived.

OK the big day arrived and we got to the Arena bright and early and already there was a queue! :eek: No pics yet because the cameraman only arrived at around 7ish... and the queue grew really quickly... there was a distinct nip in the air and there was group who had thier braai fired up and were cooking breakfast!

Vapecon0134.JPG

The clever people bought chairs and blankies!
Vapecon0137.JPG

Next year I will be bringing one of these with me as well... see how happy and warm they look!
Vapecon0140.JPG

And so the queue started to grow... and grow!
Vapecon0147.JPG

I am loving this @Rob Fisher !

I was on the inside so I din't get to see the queue. Am loving your commentary because it's news to me!

Were there actually folk making breakfast? Lol!
I recall people were talking about it on the forums beforehand...

Were there actually folk making breakfast? Lol!
I recall people were talking about it on the forums beforehand...

Indeed there was... it was a fully fledged Braai... I thought they had just started a fire to keep warm and it was just that to start until I smelt the meat cooking... :D

Indeed there was... it was a fully fledged Braai... I thought they had just started a fire to keep warm and it was just that to start until I smelt the meat cooking... :D

Thanks Rob!
That's so cool.
May have been @GerritVisagie and co - not sure...

And this was the scene before the gates even opened! The Car park filled up at a rate of knots! :eek:
Vapecon0150.JPG

And this was the scene with the line of cars waiting to get in!
Vapecon0161.JPG

Happy Chappie at the end despite the wait he has ahead of him... Loved the spirit of the vapers in the queue...
Vapecon0165.JPG

Last edited:
Wow @Rob Fisher - that photo of the cars lining up outside to get in is quite amazing
I'm sure people in the area were probably thinking what on earth is going on here so early on a Saturday morning!

Unfortunately it wasn't us this time round, but 2018 will see a baby Weber, some worsbroodjies, and a fire kettle with Moerkoffie.

Or that's the plan at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @GerritVisagie
If you do that, i call dibs on a worsbroodjie for 2018!
Asseblief

And if we don't have a coffee truck by the queue then I need hot coffee... but we really need coffee and rusks next year! :p

Ja, some of mom's home made rusks. With all this planning I can see us wishing for a cold morning again.
I'll place the order with ouma for the rusks so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some pics of the well behaved peeps keeping warm and having lots of vape chats!
Vapecon0167.JPG Vapecon0169.JPG

Was great see someone else in shorts...
Vapecon0173.JPG

The crowd is on fire!
Vapecon0181.JPG Vapecon0187.JPG

Staying awake in the queue with a tin of Monster!
Vapecon0191.JPG

Not long now... it doesn't look cold but it was... see the blankies!
Vapecon0197.JPG

Just marvellous @Rob Fisher

It was very cold that morning! Even where I was at the entrance to the Arena. Can imagine how it must have been out there for a few hours.

The entrance to the main area ready to receive a few thousand visitors!
Vapecon0212.JPG

Hi Ho @Silver and I standing by to receive the masses!
Vapecon0213.JPG

And the girls also standing by!
Vapecon0214.JPG

A few seconds to go and the peeps are anxious to get in and score some awesome deals!
Vapecon0215.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The gate are opened!
Vapecon0218.JPG

First in... a long wait but it's GAME TIME!
Vapecon0221.JPG

Stopping to check why his mate is lagging behind!
Vapecon0226.JPG

Happy Face!
Vapecon0231.JPG

The race is on!
Vapecon0233.JPG

I'm in! :)
Vapecon0236.JPG

Catch me if you can!
Vapecon0241.JPG

Oh that is just epic @Rob Fisher
So well captioned!
Those expressions on the faces!

Now just for a snippet of extra background info....
Last year, we made the mistake of opening the gate fully, so a huge amount of people swarmed in and there was pushing and shoving. And when they arrived at the entrance it swamped us....

This time, we planned and strategised beforehand - hehe
So @Alex and @Kuhlkatz went first thing in the morning to make some "modifications" to the gate. You guys did such a great job. It worked well from what I observed.

What a way to be greeted at the door... beautiful girls handing out pamphlets!
Vapecon0258.JPG

OK the queue has slowed... but we close now!
Vapecon2487.JPG

Kelsey giving directions!
Vapecon2489.JPG

Vape On parked by the entrance...
Vapecon2491.JPG

Smooth sailing... great deals not far now!
Vapecon2495.JPG

There were a lot of people to get through the gates!
Vapecon2498.JPG

A steady stream of vapers about to enjoy a day of deals, vape, friends, food and just all around great fun!
Vapecon2500.JPG

Last edited:
Time to continue with the story...

Now we're going to move on to the exhibiting vendors. Remarkable how much effort every vendor put in. Months of planning on their part in many cases. And so many vendors from far, including 5 from overseas. Big respect to you all!

First up is none other than BLCK Vapour DIY E-Liquid. Rashaad (@Richio) and his team have been super supportive for a long time and have always been professional and courteous with everything. They helped us a lot with the concentrates for the DIY Comp and have done many great things for the community.

Stunning bright and colourful, professional looking stand!

Vapecon0279.JPG

These pics were early on, the doors hadn't opened yet, or may have just opened, but the place was ready to rock and roll...

Here is @Rob Fisher testing out the PA system with BLCK Vapour's stand in background.... You could see it from a mile away...

Vapecon0011.JPG

Getting busier now. Discussions taking place on concentrates that were on offer. Lots of vapers wanting to make their own juice I assume!

Vapecon0836.JPG

Looking focused... nice hairdo @Richio!

Vapecon2158.JPG

There were a fair amount of good looking representatives on the BLCK Vapour stand ;-)

Vapecon1867.JPG

And with the man of the moment, BLCK Vapour founder and chief of service - @Richio !

Vapecon1864.JPG

Thank you for all the support and dedication @Richio . It was super to have BLCK Vapour at this special event!

Ok lets move on to the next exhibitor

This is none other than Cape Town based Juicy Joes - who has been a long-standing pillar of this community. @ShaneW has always been so supportive of ECIGSSA and our events and he displayed great dedication coming up to VapeCon from Cape Town.

Juicy Joes was located near one of the exits to the outside food and drinks. High traffic indeed! Familiar Juicy Joes branding and great glass cabinets displaying all the goodies

Vapecon0005.JPG

Here are the Juicy Joes team members greeting the peeps as they entered ;-) I suspect this was shortly after the doors opened. I think its @ShaneW on the left.

Vapecon0272.JPG

Some close ups of the team at the stand. I was hoping to find @Zeki Hilmi (from VooDoo Vapour) somewhere in the photos at your stand because I know he was also there with you.

Vapecon2150.JPG

And another great one. @ShaneW, you eluded the photographer for a nice full frontal shot ;-)

Vapecon2149.JPG

Thank you to @ShaneW and the Juicy Joes team for your efforts in coming up to VapeCon 2017 and taking part! Was great to have you there.

Moving on

The next exhibitor was a joint exhibit by NCV (Northern Craft Vapes) and Nostalgia. NCV is from Gauteng and Nostalgia from Cape Town. They used this to also launch their new collaboration juice - Glazers.

NCV has been around for a long time and is a household name in vaping. Mike @Vapington has always supported our events and initiatives. Was super to have Justin @PutRid up from CT taking part officially in Nostalgia's first VapeCon event.

The NCV / Nostalgia stand was epic. Very well branded and lit up. Professional looking. It was very near the entrance so you could not miss it as you walked in.

Vapecon0109.JPG

Their staff were also very brightly clad in their white and light green hoodies. In this photo it appears that a happy vaper was enjoying the tasting of the new juice!

Vapecon0422.JPG

And here is Mike @Vapington posing with us for a group shot ;-) Don't know where Nostalgia's Justin was when that shot was taken - so its nice that we were posing in front of the Nostalgia logo...

Vapecon1857.JPG

A big thank you to Mike @Vapington and Justin @PutRid for supporting this great event. Your presence as always was strongly felt and your stand looked amazing.

Moving on

The next exhibitor was a joint exhibit by NCV (Northern Craft Vapes) and Nostalgia. NCV is from Gauteng and Nostalgia from Cape Town. They used this to also launch their new collaboration juice - Glazers.

NCV has been around for a long time and is a household name in vaping. Mike @Vapington has always supported our events and initiatives. Was super to have Justin @PutRid up from CT taking part officially in Nostalgia's first VapeCon event.

The NCV / Nostalgia stand was epic. Very well branded and lit up. Professional looking. It was very near the entrance so you could not miss it as you walked in.

View attachment 109763

Their staff were also very brightly clad in their white and light green hoodies. In this photo it appears that a happy vaper was enjoying the tasting of the new juice!

View attachment 109764

And here is Mike @Vapington posing with us for a group shot ;-) Don't know where Nostalgia's Justin was when that shot was taken - so its nice that we were posing in front of the Nostalgia logo...

View attachment 109765

A big thank you to Mike @Vapington and Justin @PutRid for supporting this great event. Your presence as always was strongly felt and your stand looked amazing.
This stand really was impressive! Loved the clean simplicity of the whole thing, and definitely made an impression as soon as you walked into the venue. Great job to the Nostalgia and NCV crews!

Back