VapeCon 2017 - the story in pictures

Wait a minute - Justin @PutRid - isnt that you standing on the right hand side in the first pic?
hehe

The next exhibitor is none other than House of Vape

Brendz from @HouseOfVape has been a strong supporter of our events and initiatives over a long time. And he is always a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. Thank you Brendz!

It's never nice to report back that there weren't many photos of the House of Vape stand. I am really not sure what happened here Brendz and sincere apologies. But we did find some...

For those who don't know, @HouseOfVape had the long stand opposite Juicy Joes. It was a medium and a small. And they put in a lot of effort into their stand.

The HOV stand was busy most of the day and one could not easily get too close ;-) I was looking for you a few times Brendz, but each time, you were busy with customers! Here is a photo of a customer being served by a HOV staff member.

Vapecon2142.JPG

And here is a classic of skipper @Rob Fisher on the microphone with the HOV stand in the background. It was a very long stand!

Vapecon2139.JPG

Thank you @HouseOfVape for your support and for all the effort with VapeCon 2017. We appreciate it hugely.

Wait a minute - Justin @PutRid - isnt that you standing on the right hand side in the first pic?
hehe
Haha no its not, that would be Brandon one of our staff members, i was probably waiting in line to get drinks for us, bleak I missed this -_-

Haha no its not, that would be Brandon one of our staff members, i was probably waiting in line to get drinks for us, bleak I missed this -_-

Ok thanks @PutRid - well great that you were there with us and thanks again!
Hope you had a good time

The next exhibitor comes from Durban

None other than Sir Vape

This is also a vendor that has supported the forum and it's events & initiatives for a long time. "The Sirs" as they are fondly known put in a great effort yet again to be with us on the day. Hugo @Sir Vape and Craig @BigGuy in attendance with their team members. They had a corner medium stand, which turned out to be a hive of activity the whole day!

Here's a super photo from the balcony showing the Sir Vape stand at the bottom. There were loads of enthusiastic vapers around the Sir Vape stand!

Vapecon2680.JPG

Here is one from behind the stand showing Hugo and Craig helping out the eager folk!

Vapecon0092.JPG

And it was not just Sir Vape - but also Steam Masters, their wholesale division that was present. Some great photos coming up below, which I think were on this side of the stand. Perhaps @Sir Vape you can clarify for us...

Vapecon0093.JPG

And another one...

Vapecon0420.JPG

I am also posting this photo because it's a classic and this gent looks very cool. He is wearing what appears to be a Sir Vape branded top. @Sir Vape was he with you guys on the day?

Vapecon0421.JPG

A big thank you to Hugo and Craig from Sir Vape for their efforts in coming up from Durban to be with us at this special event. It was a pleasure having you there!

Moving on...

The next exhibitor is Vape Cartel

They had a very large stand facing the centre. A medium and four smalls! Founder @KieranD always aiming high and very ambitious. They hosted various juice makers on their stand. Going to his stand was like going to a shop! Wow, what an epic effort @KieranD. And let it be known that Vape Cartel has also been a strong pillar of support for this forum and its events over the years.

There were several "facets" to the Vape Cartel stand.

Here was the front piece that faced the middle informal area...

Vapecon0282.JPG

And a similar shot but just when it was busier ;-)

Vapecon2520.JPG

A wider perspective of the one side of the stand

Vapecon0281.JPG

Here was the collective of X-Hype E-liquids with Puffy Puffs and Bang & Co. VapBucco on the right. And I think LIT (not in the pic) was to the right of that if I recall correctly.

Vapecon0087.JPG

And another great one of the familiar gents in the pink shirts - @zandernwn and @cam. Juice galore!

Vapecon2160.JPG

Moving on to Drip-Drops (@Attie) , Fog Rings and Vapour Chemistry (@element0709). Each juice manufacturer had their own section and you could meet the mixologist. Very cool!

Vapecon0101.JPG

And a nice one of @Attie from Drip-Drops - most likely about to explain something about his juice ;-)

Vapecon2518.JPG

More juice manufacturers! You can see Milc and Wicked Wicks on the left

Vapecon0284.JPG

The international juice vendors were inside the stand. Charlie's Chalk Dust and Element Liquids in the photo. Opposite that section was a lounge, where you could chill and relax....

Vapecon0283.JPG

Not sure exactly who this is (apologies) - @KieranD please advise - but what a great photo!

Vapecon2156.JPG

There was quite a bit more at the Vape Cartel stand. Definitely a lot of excitement and interesting things going on. And it was packed most of the day!

Group shot with the founder and main man @KieranD !

Vapecon1869.JPG

What an epic effort @KieranD - We thank you for your ongoing support and all your dedication to this event!

Last edited:
The next exhibitor is Vaperite

They had a large stand in the upper right corner. Great to have you with us again this year Barry @Vaperite South Africa and thanks for supporting us!

Corner stand, set up with counters, lots of shelf space and TV screens displaying what was on offer!

Vapecon0117.JPG

I walked past their stand a few times during the day and it was busy most of the time!

Vapecon0094.JPG

Another photo. This was actually quite early in the day. It got a lot busier. The staff were finished at the end of the day ;-)

Vapecon0096.JPG

A view from the balcony above...

Vapecon2676.JPG

Vaperite also arranged at the last minute to bring to VapeCon international VGod trickster, Johnny Gromis. He performed on stage and did some awesome demonstrations on the day. He was also doing tricks near the Vaperite stand. Wow, what a treat!

Vapecon0890.JPG

Vapecon1019.JPG

Thank you Barry and the whole @Vaperite South Africa team. Thanks for all your efforts and for supporting this great event!

Moving on...

The next exhibitor is Vapers Corner

This is another vendor that has grown fast over the past few years and has become a great supporter of ECIGSSA and our initiatives. The founders Riaan and Divan are great folk and always professional and courteous.

This year, they went for a large stand near the stage. Their layout was super. Lots of access and very organised!

This was early in the morning before the doors opened. Still unpacking and making sure all is in the right place! Lots of excitement - hard to convey in a photo!

Vapecon0121.JPG

A view from the top balcony. Smart design. Wrap around counters with shelving facing both directions in the middle. Congrats Vapers Corner!

Vapecon0081.JPG

Serving customers on the day... Lol, I think its Riaan on the left in the midst of explaining something. Vapers Corner staff all nicely kitted out in crew gear.

Vapecon2535.JPG

Smiles and happy customers. Something special about the camaraderie between fellow vapers, even if one of them works at a vape shop! By the way, in this picture is the legendary Vapers Corner anti-smoking coffin (with blue lights inside). They have this in their shops and those who quit stinkies throw their last box of smokes in the coffin as a declaration of giving up the smokes. I hope @Divan Smit will explain more about this initiative in their subforum. I think thats Divan about to take a puff next to the coffin, hehe.

Vapecon2536.JPG

Group photo with the founders Divan @Divan Smit and Riaan @Vapers Corner...

Vapecon1841.JPG

A big thank you to Vapers Corner for always being supportive and for all the encouragement along the way. Thanks for being at this great event and for contributing to make it great!

This stand really was impressive! Loved the clean simplicity of the whole thing, and definitely made an impression as soon as you walked into the venue. Great job to the Nostalgia and NCV crews!
@Vapington

That Glazers Hoody :inlove:

The next exhibitor is Vape King

Vape King has been around for a long time and has also grown fast over the past few years. @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff have always been super supportive of all our events and initiatives.

Big respect to @Gizmo for starting this forum in the first place and getting everything going! And to the lovely @Stroodlepuff for all your effort and dedication, helping us with so many things to make this event great! Not to mention your efforts in assisting some of the international exhibitors - while attending to your own Vape King presence.

This year Vape King went for a long thin stand made up of a medium and a small. It was neatly laid out with loads of counter space.

This was before the doors opened, still getting ready. That is @Dr Phil blowing the cloud in the middle. To the left is @Ollie and to the left of him slightly in the background is @Nibbler (with the blue and yellow cap). Hehe

Vapecon0127.JPG

A more head on photo. The familiar Vape King red and white colours. Crew still preparing...

Vapecon0025.JPG

And this is how it was for most of the day! Packed! I tried to come say hello once or twice but couldn't get near the front. Lol.

Vapecon0311.JPG

A very proud @Stroodlepuff posing with us in front of their stand....

Vapecon1871.JPG

One of their wing flags outside (next to the Vapour Mountain wing flag)

Vapecon2083.JPG

VK crew with @Dr Phil and @Gizmo on the right

Vapecon2225.JPG

A group shot with @Gizmo and @Stroodlepuff - and one of the team members from AVE40.

Vapecon1860.JPG

A big thank you to Vape King for always being a strong pillar of support for the community and for all the help with everything. Thank you @Stroodlepuff and @Gizmo for taking part in and contributing toward such an amazing event!

I don't think I got a chance to get near the stand... the queues were insane... next year the counter needs to be 3 times longer! :p

The next exhibitor stand was a team effort from three super vendors

Paulies, Orion and Wicked Vapes

@Paulie has been around in vaping since the beginning. His infectious personality and determination to make great juices has allowed for rapid growth in a short space of time. The amazing thing about Paulie is his commitment and passion for the community. Paulie has helped and been behind many of our ECIGSSA initiatives over the years.

Orion has also been around for a long time and is a successful juice maker. @Michael has only fairly recently joined the forum as a supporting vendor and we are very glad about that!

Wicked Vapes run by Kevin (@Wicked on the forum) is a vaping distributor and also has a great passion for the industry and the community. He helped us with several things leading up to this event, including the distribution of the amazing VapeCon posters. Thank you for that Kevin!

The trio teamed up for an impressive stand at VapeCon. It was large. A medium and four smalls! Very neatly laid out and professional looking. Lots of lighting. Juice counter, couches, logo walls, you name it. Lovely. This was early, before opening. Getting ready...

Vapecon0130.JPG

The stand even had a round table to sit around and chat. Trust @Paulie ;-) hehe. That's @Paulie giving us the thumbs up. And another esteemed forumite with the red cap, @Nicholas - NicBLAZE - who did a wonderful rap for us on the stage during the day!

Vapecon0317.JPG

The other side of the stand had a good logo wall and seemed to be a great backdrop for many photos on the day. Here is a fun one...

Vapecon2223.JPG

There were loads of giveaways throughout the day. Here is a photo of the frenzy going on at one of them...

Vapecon1882.JPG

Testing out some juice... I think that might be Orion's Nicholas (not the same Nicholas referred to above who did the rap)

Vapecon2593.JPG

The Paulie's and Orion wing flag outside

Vapecon0002.JPG

Group shot. This one is with Kevin @Wicked and @Paulie

Vapecon1895.JPG

And another one with Kevin @Wicked and Mike from Orion (@Michael). We did try a few times to get all three of them together in one photo but it was not easy ;-) Either Paulie was missing or Mike was somewhere else. Lol.

Vapecon1802.JPG

Epic and we thank @Paulie, Kevin from Wicked Vapes (@Wicked) and Mike from Orion (@Michael) for all your support and dedication, not to mention help and encouragement along the way. Thank you very much guys!

Next up is Vape Club

Vape Club is another long-standing vendor who has supported the forum, our initiatives and events pretty much since the beginning. Founders Jaco @JakesSA and Lindsay @VapeGrrl are great people and passionate about vaping and the community.

They had a medium stand facing the middle informal area and made very good use of the space with serving counters all around. Super stand !

Only noticed the chirp on the TV Screen now (Click, Click. Delivered. Chop, Chop) hehe That's Jaco in the middle (@JakesSA ) with his hand on his chin ;-)

Vapecon0286.JPG

Vape Club staff all in their striking blue attire. Would have been an impressive cloud if the photo was taken a second or two earlier...

Vapecon0458.JPG

Another staff member in blue! Focus and concentration!

Vapecon0460.JPG

And this is a classic of Lindsay @VapeGrrl in the foreground helping out the customers. This is what happens when you get lots of eager vapers wanting vape gear! Their stand was very packed most of the day.

Vapecon0462.JPG

A big thank you to Lindsay (@VapeGrrl ) and Jaco (@JakesSA ) from Vape Club for all your support over the years and for your effort and dedication with VapeCon!

Next up is Vape Club

Vape Club is another long-standing vendor who has supported the forum, our initiatives and events pretty much since the beginning. Founders Jaco @JakesSA and Lindsay @VapeGrrl are great people and passionate about vaping and the community.

They had a medium stand facing the middle informal area and made very good use of the space with serving counters all around. Super stand !

Only noticed the chirp on the TV Screen now (Click, Click. Delivered. Chop, Chop) hehe That's Jaco in the middle (@JakesSA ) with his hand on his chin ;-)

View attachment 109982

Vape Club staff all in their striking blue attire. Would have been an impressive cloud if the photo was taken a second or two earlier...

View attachment 109983

Another staff member in blue! Focus and concentration!

View attachment 109984

And this is a classic of Lindsay @VapeGrrl in the foreground helping out the customers. This is what happens when you get lots of eager vapers wanting vape gear! Their stand was very packed most of the day.

View attachment 109985

A big thank you to Lindsay (@VapeGrrl ) and Jaco (@JakesSA ) from Vape Club for all your support over the years and for your effort and dedication with VapeCon!
I frikkin' love the Vape Club crew!!!!!!

@JakesSA always makes an effort to talk to people around him and whether he knows them or not, and no matter how weird-looking they are (I know this because I've seen him talking to @Rob Fisher ! :eek: :flamethrower2:).

Just hurry up and get to the DIY comp testing booth already, my future wife was manning that.
Which one was your future wife? There were a couple that were there on the day, and from a purely vicarious perspective, they could all have been future wives... for you... :-D

A big thank you to Eciggssa for organising this, it was (yet another) day to remember! Admittedly I thought 8 people behind the counters with 6 pay points would be enough but as it turned out .. not quite. If I may, I take this opportunity to apologise to everyone who had to wait a long time or could simply not get to the front in the time available to them. I think we are getting better at it and will certainly endeavour to get the VapeClub customer service at VapeCon to where it should be. :wondering:

Next mission .. convert that whole stand into 3D printers! (or robotic sales assistants) >:)

Last edited:
Back