VapeCon 2017 - the story in pictures

Next up is a combined effort between Shipwreck Vapes and local juice maker Fog Machine

This was their second VapeCon appearance. They had a small stand on one of the islands.

Shipwreck on the left and Fog Machine on the right

Vapecon2612.JPG

Shipwreck Vapes outside wing flag...

Vapecon2087.JPG

The always friendly and smiling Jax from @Fogmachine ;-)

Vapecon2614.JPG

A big thank you to Jo and the @ShipWreck team as well as Jax and the @Fogmachine team for supporting us and taking part. Was great to have you there this year!

Next up is local vaping retailer Supreme Vape

Also their second appearance at VapeCon. This year they had a small stand very close to the entrance. This was very early in the morning, getting ready...

Vapecon0004.JPG

That wooden signpost was so simple, yet so effective.... Congrats @Robin Cilliers

Vapecon0076.JPG

A big thank you to @Robin Cilliers , Joyce and the whole Supreme Vape team for the efforts and for supporting us again this year.

The next exhibitor is juicemaker The Chef's Special Sauce (TCSS)

This juice line is in collaboration with long-time vaping vendor, eCiggies - who has been around pretty much since the beginning of vaping in SA ;-) We were pleased to host TCSS at VapeCon for their first time.

They had a small stand on one of the islands and made it look very nice with green ferns dotted around. Here is the TCSS team. That's Walter (@Dragon) from eCiggies on the left...

Vapecon0326.JPG

Helping the customers...

Vapecon2605.JPG

And a group shot!

Vapecon1899.JPG

To Walter (@Dragon) and your team, thanks for the efforts and for supporting VapeCon 2017! It was great to see you guys and we were very pleased to be able to host you.

Next up is a special exhibitor all the way from the Cape - The Coil Company

@RiaanRed is well known for his masterful coils and we were delighted that he could come up to VapeCon and share some of his magic in person with the local peeps here. @RiaanRed is a great guy and very dedicated and passionate about what he does.

This was their first appearance at VapeCon. They had a small stand on the bottom wall next to the exit door to the outside section. The main focus was the coil building table of course. There was a TV screen and good branding behind.

Vapecon0024.JPG

I felt very sorry for @RiaanRed who hardly got up from his coil building most of the day (as he mentioned in the interview on the VapeCon video). So I decided to give him a bit of a shoulder massage ;-)

Vapecon1905.JPG

There were tools everywhere on the table. Tools of the trade to making great coils!

Vapecon1916.JPG

Group shot

Vapecon1914.JPG

Thanks for your efforts and your support @RiaanRed ! You are a great ambassador to vaping and we love your passion for it all. It was a privilege to host you at VapeCon 2017!

Next up is none other than vaping retailer The eCigStore

They are no stranger to VapeCon - it was their second appearance. They had a small stand in a similar position to last year, on the row near the entance against the right hand perimeter.

They had a neat layout with lots of counter space and good branding behind.

Vapecon0112.JPG

View from above...

Vapecon2682.JPG

A big thank you to Shamima, Zunaid and the whole @The eCigStore team for your ongoing support and efforts on this event. It was great to host you there again this year!

The next exhibitor is a special one - The Vape Guy - from Tzaneen.

The founder and main man is none other than @BumbleBee who was part of our ECIGSSA Admin and Mod team until he started his business. He helped us with so many things at VapeCon last year. Amazing to think that a year later he would return.... as an exhibiting vendor! Congrats @BumbleBee - we are so proud of you and what you guys have achieved.

They had a small stand on the left hand perimeter. Lots of counter space with a clever looking marble top. Testers ready. This was quite early in the morning. Notice @BumbleBee 's beanie ;-)

Vapecon0017.JPG

Here is @Rincewind - helping out a customer

Vapecon0436.JPG

And a group shot... Lots of happiness and pride.

Vapecon1923.JPG

A big thanks to you @BumbleBee and @Rincewind for all the efforts and support from afar. It was an honour and a privilege to host you at VapeCon 2017!

The next exhibitor is Sandton-based vaping retailer The Vape Industry

This was their first VapeCon appearance. They had a small stand on one of the islands.

And what a lovely stand it was. Wooden finishes. Glass cabinets. Wooden shelving at the back. Lovely branding.

Vapecon0347.JPG

Serving the customers...

Vapecon2839.JPG

Good times...

Vapecon2116.JPG

The main man and founder @Naeem_M , deep in conversation ;-)

Vapecon2117.JPG

And one of The Vape Industry's promo ladies. Nice!

Vapecon2627.JPG

Thank you @Naeem_M and the whole team for your support and efforts on VapeCon 2017. You guys had a great stand and we are proud of what you have achieved in a relatively short space of time.

Next up is renowned international juicemaker from the USA - SaveurVape

We were delighted that they could join us. They had a small stand facing the informal seating area. Next to the Elysian Labs stand.

Here is a great one with the main man Lonnie Bozeman. That's @Stroodlepuff and @Satans_Stick on the right.

View attachment 112034

SaveurVape's hanging banner came out very well...

View attachment 112035

@Rob Fisher and Lonnie

View attachment 112036

A big thank you to Lonnie Bozeman, James Greer and the SaveurVape team for coming all the way to be with us on this great day. Thanks for the support and taking part in the spirit of VapeCon 2017!
So sad I didn't get to spend more time chatting to these guys!

The founder and main man is none other than @BumbleBee who was part of our ECIGSSA Admin and Mod team until he started his business. He helped us with so many things at VapeCon last year. Amazing to think that a year later he would return.... as an exhibiting vendor! Congrats @BumbleBee - we are so proud of you and what you guys have achieved.

They had a small stand on the left hand perimeter. Lots of counter space with a clever looking marble top. Testers ready. This was quite early in the morning. Notice @BumbleBee 's beanie ;-)

View attachment 112058

View attachment 112059

View attachment 112060

A big thanks to you @BumbleBee and @Rincewind for all the efforts and support from afar. It was an honour and a privilege to host you at VapeCon 2017!
Wow! What a crazy day! We had so much fun, it was really great being a part of Vapecon 2017 :D

We we're so busy that day, just wish I had more time to check out what else was going on and chat with a few peeps :rolleyes:

We'll be doing things a little differently next year, can't wait!

View attachment 112058

View attachment 112059

View attachment 112060

But finally getting to meet these guys was amazing! Awesome that their energy on here translates to real life, what a couple of characters!

But finally getting to meet these guys was amazing! Awesome that their energy on here translates to real life, what a couple of characters!
That's something I really enjoy about the vaping community, just about everyone is a character of sorts :D

Was great to meet you too @Stosta, and to meet your epic beard :)

Right, next up is another special exhibitor and vaping retailer - The Vapery

They are also no strangers to VapeCon and wowed us last year with their impressive stand. This year was no different. Hats off to The Vapery and their stand designers for an epic and very original exhibit!

They had a medium stand and two smalls on one of the islands. A large combined space.

You could enter the stand at various points. This was the "main entrance" on the corner of the island. It was a steel structure frame with great detail all over. Moss hanging from the walls. And potplants. Look at the little bridge to get into the stand. Wow.

Vapecon0296.JPG

Inside was impressive. Lots of things to explore and see. Good counters. Grass flooring. And lovely decorations. I am not sure what the most appropriate name is for the theme but it felt like pirates ;-)

Vapecon0301.JPG

And it got busy too...

Vapecon2838.JPG

The detail of various items, props and artefacts at The Vapery's stand was quite incredible. Check out this chair with the bird on top and all the items around it...

Vapecon0307.JPG

And this horse outside ....

Vapecon2836.JPG

The people manning the stand were part of the overall theme and exhibit ;-)

Vapecon2111.JPG

Super cool!

Vapecon2114.JPG

Classic!

Vapecon2128.JPG

A view from above.

Vapecon2635.JPG

The Vapery also had several hanging banners. This one for the Dinner Lady juice.

Vapecon0401.JPG

And another one for Teardrip. They had several more.

Vapecon2649.JPG

@Rob Fisher and myself posing at the entrance...

Vapecon1808.JPG

Wow, @Dirk , Kal and the whole team - what an epic effort! Thank you for all the dedication and support. You guys had a super duper stand that impressed! It was an honour to host you at this year's event!

Next up was another combined effort between juice maker Vape Chefs and retailer Village Vapes

Vape Chefs was at VapeCon last year on their own. This time they took a large stand on the back wall.

Vape Chefs on the one side. Lovely neat layout with couch and wooden flooring. This was early in the morning, final preparations being made... That's Zaahid I think doing last minute hanging of pictures on the wooden wall ;-)

Vapecon0290.JPG

Vape Chefs promotional lady

Vapecon2570.JPG

And.... the whole Vape Chefs team of promotional ladies ;-)

Vapecon2753.JPG

On the other side of the stand was Village Vapes. I think that's Zaahid again checking that everything is ready...

Vapecon0292.JPG

View from above. Busy!

Vapecon0398.JPG

Serving the customers

Vapecon2740.JPG

Lots of activity and friendly staff...

Vapecon2745.JPG

To the main man @Zaahid237 and your teams. Thank you kindly for all the support and effort you guys put in to VapeCon 2017! Your stand looked great and we are pleased you were there again this year!

Next up is Pretoria based vaping retailer Vape Connoisseur

This was their first VapeCon appearance and they can be proud of their stand and their efforts. Well done to you Michael and your @Vape Connoisseur team!

They had a medium stand on the corner of one of the islands. The stand itself was very professionally done, had great counter space and good branding. This was early in the morning. Look at those lights!

Vapecon0131.JPG

From a different angle. Looking good...

Vapecon0330.JPG

Super photo ;-)

Vapecon0383.JPG

The Vape Connoisseur outside wing flag

Vapecon2079.JPG

Back to the stand. That's Michael on the right behind the counter (with the cap). Howzit Michael!

Vapecon2609.JPG

A big thank you to Michael and the @Vape Connoisseur team for all the sterling efforts and support. You guys did great!

Next up is another special vendor, juicemaker Vape Elixir

Marnus (@SunRam here) has been making juice for longer than most. I have been a fond supporter of his tobacco juices for a long time. We were pleased to host Vape Elixir at VapeCon for the first time.

They had a small stand on the left hand wall. It was professionally done and well branded. Counters for juice sampling. All neat and tidy. That's @SunRam sitting in the middle.

Vapecon0335.JPG

Group shot ;-)

Vapecon1926.JPG

Thank you for the efforts and for supporting VapeCon @SunRam. Proud to have you there with us. Your stand was super!

Next up is another special vendor - all the way from the Cape - Vape Empire

Its Azhar @Vape Empire and @Yusuf Cape Vaper with the Coil Empire juices. They made the trip up and had a great presence.

They had a small stand on one of the islands. It was very well branded. That steel structure frame did a great job ;-) This was early on, all neat and tidy...

Vapecon0119.JPG

And a bit later with more activity. Behind the counter on the right is Azhar @Vape Empire and hiding a bit on the left is half the bearded face of the famous @Yusuf Cape Vaper - cloud blower of note and juice mixologist of Coil Empire. I think that could be @Anees M Kara on the right in front of the counter with the cap. He was also supporting them on the day.

Vapecon0099.JPG

Thank you Azhar and Yusuf - and your team - for coming all the way to take part and support this great event. Great effort indeed. It was so great to be able to host you guys at VapeCon 2017!

Next up is Vape Hyper

This was their first VapeCon appearance. They had two small stands back to back on one of the islands.
One of them was for their juice line while the other was the retailing side.

Zubair , @Vape Hyper , I am sorry we couldn't find many pictures of your stand. Apologies.

The only decent one we found was this one of the juice and CloudBurst side. This was early in the morning before the crowds came in ;-)

Vapecon0037.JPG

Zubair @Vape Hyper , thanks for the support and the efforts. It was great to have you with us this year!

Next up is another special vendor - all the way from the Cape - Vape Empire

Its Azhar @Vape Empire and @Yusuf Cape Vaper with the Coil Empire juices. They made the trip up and had a great presence.

They had a small stand on one of the islands. It was very well branded. That steel structure frame did a great job ;-) This was early on, all neat and tidy...

View attachment 112104

And a bit later with more activity. Behind the counter on the right is Azhar @Vape Empire and hiding a bit on the left is half the bearded face of the famous @Yusuf Cape Vaper - cloud blower of note and juice mixologist of Coil Empire. I think that could be @Anees M Kara on the right in front of the counter with the cap. He was also supporting them on the day.

View attachment 112105

Thank you Azhar and Yusuf - and your team - for coming all the way to take part and support this great event. Great effort indeed. It was so great to be able to host you guys at VapeCon 2017!
Thank you for the great experience!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Next up is international vaping manufacturer all the way from China - Vaporesso

We were delighted to host Vaporesso at VapeCon 2017 since they have produced so many great familiar products.

They had a small stand on the lower wall. Basic layout with an impressively branded backwall, promoting their new Revenger.

Vapecon0329.JPG

Here is Cody ;-)

Vapecon0434.JPG

And Maggie

Vapecon0435.JPG

Big respect to you guys for travelling from the other side of the planet to be with us. And still managing to smile and be courteous all the time!

Thank you Cody, Maggie and the @Vaporesso team for supporting and taking part in VapeCon 2017. It was so great and an honour to have you there with us!

Thank you for the great experience!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pleasure !
I actually thought we did a group photo on the day - but I couldn't find it. Can't remember. It was hectic. But am so glad you guys were there. Part of the vaping family!

The next exhibitor is an important one and we are very pleased that they were there. They are the Vapour Product Association (VPA)

The Vapour Product Association (VPA) is committed to providing consumers with smoke-free alternatives to traditional cigarettes. VPA is committed to working with Government and regulatory bodies to ensure that our industry is transparent and well-regulated, and that consumers have access to all available information about vapour products.

They had a small stand on one of the islands. Basic layout with tables and brochures as well as a video playing on the screen.

Vapecon0308.JPG

To Kabir and the VPA team - thank you for supporting this event and having a presence. We appreciate the efforts.

Next up is vaping retailer V-Corp Vaping

This was their first VapeCon appearance. They had two small stands back to back on one of the islands.

Well laid out and branded with good counter space and products on display. Nice lighting. This was very early in the morning before VapeCon opened...

Vapecon0016.JPG

Friendly faces and smiles...

Vapecon2632.JPG

Brymor @Cybermoo , I was hoping for more photos and from the other side but we couldn't find any. Sorry about that.

But a big thank you to you guys for all the efforts and dedication - I know how much effort it took. Thanks for being part of VapeCon 2017!

Next up is a special exhibitor all the way from the Cape - The Coil Company

@RiaanRed is well known for his masterful coils and we were delighted that he could come up to VapeCon and share some of his magic in person with the local peeps here. @RiaanRed is a great guy and very dedicated and passionate about what he does.

This was their first appearance at VapeCon. They had a small stand on the bottom wall next to the exit door to the outside section. The main focus was the coil building table of course. There was a TV screen and good branding behind.

View attachment 112046

I felt very sorry for @RiaanRed who hardly got up from his coil building most of the day (as he mentioned in the interview on the VapeCon video). So I decided to give him a bit of a shoulder massage ;-)

View attachment 112047

There were tools everywhere on the table. Tools of the trade to making great coils!

View attachment 112048

Group shot

View attachment 112049

Thanks for your efforts and your support @RiaanRed ! You are a great ambassador to vaping and we love your passion for it all. It was a privilege to host you at VapeCon 2017!

Although I didn’t really get to see VapeCon, it was an AMAZING experience and the guys from Ecigssa did an EPIC job of organizing such a massively successful event!

Thank you to ECIGSSA (Especially Silver for the massage), Paul from Paulies, Mike from Orion and Kevin from Wicked Imports for making this a day to remember in my life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next up is local juicemaker Wicked Wicks

In a short space of time they have grown to become quite well known! This was their first VapeCon appearance and they didn't hold back. They had a large stand in the top left corner.

Professionally laid out and branded. Counter in the front and what looks like an office/warehouse in the back - lol ;-) Good lighting. Bar stools for juice sampling. This was early in the morning...

Vapecon0006.JPG

From a different angle...

Vapecon0294.JPG

Wicked Wicks on test

Vapecon0450.JPG

More testing

Vapecon0451.JPG

To Jason @pecunium and your team. We are impressed! Thank you for all the effort you put in and the support of this great event! You can be very proud of what you have achieved and your stand looked wonderful on the day!

Was an amazing day, we absolutely loved it. Thanks for organizing everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back