Vaperite - Retailer Reviews

The guys at vaperite are really on form. Same as you @GreenyZA few hicups in the begging but thats long gone in the past. I would go there more offten but i have another vape shop 2 min down the road from me so tend to go there more often.

One thing i think would be great though is if there were tester juices.
Today i spent about half a hour dripping new test juices at my local vape shop which for me is really helpful as there are a few juices that sound great but dont taste great.

But back to service, Vaperite are on the ball.

So I might be unreasonable here. But hear me out.

Went to the @Vaperite South Africa Bedfordview store on Saturday as I regularly do. I choose to go there because I feel comfortable there and feel like I'm a regular there. Now I might be the only one feeling this way but I kinda had expectations of being treated like a regular at a place where I exclusively spend a lot of my money.

This Saturday I walked in. 2 staff members were there. Helping 2 groups of 4 or 5 people each setting up coils and conversing or what not. I greeted. No response. I stood there for about 5 mins without being acknowledged. I then walked out without being greeted or serviced. Now I know that you guys get busy but for some reason I get the impression that being cool to the kids in the scene is more important than proper customer service.

So like I said. I might be unreasonable here but I will give the relevant people the benefit of the doubt.

Ps. The dude that was at Eastgate on Saturday morning is always on point. I also think the guys at Bedford on Saturday are newish staff.

I feel that if there were only two staff members helping 4 or 5 people, each setting up coils and conversing, that they were "busy" with other customers, whom were there before you... If they had stopped helping them, for a high five and ad hoc cloud comp with you, then the other customers would have felt dissatisfied.

I wasn't there, but I know what "regulars" can be like.

Let me rephrase that they were helping a person each with their posse of 4 people. I didn't expect a high 5 or anything. But maybe just a hi will be with you in a sec. Or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Let me rephrase that they were helping a person each with their posse of 4 people. I didn't expect a high 5 or anything. But maybe just a hi will be with you in a sec. Or something like that.

Agreed on a simple, "Hi will be with you shortly"

I would have expected a "good morning" too.
Or at least a smile.

Hi @Slav

Will address this with my staff immediately. We do have a lot of new staff for reasons I am not allowed to post here due to Ecigssa rules and Dexter and Alan are making sure that our new staff are getting up to speed on systems and sales technique and are therefore not currently at the shop where this took place.

Slav, any suggestions from your side as to what would make your wait more bearable? It's just really hard to juggle so many clients and we never know when the rush will take place. Also, if this happens again please call or text me from the shop on 0827776660 so that I can address it with my staff immediately.

Regards
Barry

Last edited:
I was also there on Saturday, and got great service. Fair enough, it wasn't as busy - but still. Keep up the great work guys! And thanks for keeping the Goon aside for me. Easily my fav 24mm to date!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the prompt response Barry. I appreciate it.

i honestly have to disagree with all bad reviews , as every time i go to vaperite which is twice a week and i usually deal with Fabian , Craig or dex and have always had the best experience as they dont mind helping out newbies and even talking big with the elders of the vape world, i think we all need to see that us as vapers want a full on explanation and break down of what we buying so give the guys some slack it happens when you have 5 people around you asking questions

i honestly have to disagree with all bad reviews , as every time i go to vaperite which is twice a week and i usually deal with Fabian , Craig or dex and have always had the best experience as they dont mind helping out newbies and even talking big with the elders of the vape world, i think we all need to see that us as vapers want a full on explanation and break down of what we buying so give the guys some slack it happens when you have 5 people around you asking questions
Most welcome to the forum. Thank you for your positive contribution.
If you feel like it, please introduce yourself at the end of this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/introduce-yourselves.t24/

I always get good service from here and they generally stock parts (tank glasses, etc.) that most other retailers don't.

My only criticism would be: I wish they'd stocked a wider range of e-liquid!

Overall though, It's one of the better ones.

I've used the Bedford gardens store a couple times before today, the service has never been wow nor has it been crappy enough to write up a review except for today. Firstly the guy behind the counter can't even be bothered to stand up and greet/serve me, unlike other bad reviews here, it had nothing to do with volume of customers, I was literally the only one, so he wasn't busy with anything else.

I asked if your store had any stainless steel claptons and was served back with the statement of "you need to be more specific than that."

Seriously, this attitude is astounding, what if I had no idea about wire and my buddy at work simply told me that I had to try out some SS claptons? So i asked for premade ones, to which I was told they had none, so I asked if you had a spool, to which he replied that he had various guages of stainless but Id have to make my own, to which I replied that I was looking for a spool of premade, to which he replied that he's never heard of a spool of premade SS clapton...

A liitle goes a long way, and this store still has a long way to go.

Visited the Blubird store today for the first time.

Bought a white Pico kit and some batteries. And got a free vapeband

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469269197.494307.jpg

Place looks great. The octopod testers are fabulous. What a superb idea. Love the juices on the top of the testers so you know exactly what you're tasting.

Service was very friendly and good. Aidan (apologies if spelt wrong) was great. Thanks guys.

Will definitely visit again

So, I visited Vaperite for the first time about a month or two ago. I had run out of juice and was desperate to get something that was close by to me. I found these guys after some googling, and decided to go and give them a try (they didn't stock any of the juices that I normally liked at the time).

I ended up visiting the Blubird store as it was the closest one to me. I was amazed with those testers. They hooked me up with some juice straight away and at a very reasonable price!

The staff have always been super friendly and helpful. I have now almost completely just switched to them because it's so convenient.

Keep up the good work.

Okay before I start I should say that I have used almost 70-80% of the vendors on this forum to order online and I know how everything works.

So on Thursday night I contacted @Vaperite South Africa to let them know that I would be placing an order the following day and would be paying for it via cash deposit after ordering, he said that it's not a problem.

Anyway, I went on to place my order late Friday afternoon and I made payment on Saturday morning, I then emailed a picture of the receipt of my payment from the bank to Vaperite. Now I understand that there has been problems in the past with fraud etc. so I understand that vendors tend to wait for payment to clear into their account before shipping. I have no problem with this.

On Monday night I assumed that my money had cleared into their account ages ago as I made the payment at a bank, so I emailed them asking for a tracking number, I was told it will be sent to me later that night. It wasn't. Now, this morning when my package hadn't arrived by 1pm I sent another email asking for my tracking number, they said it will be sent shortly. It wasn't.

When I emailed again to say I did not have a tracking number, I was told that my order had not been processed yet because I have not sent proof of payment. So, just to double check that I sent the email on Saturday, I went to my outbox and there it was.

Now, I don't mind waiting an extra day or two for my stuff. But I just find it somewhat irritating that I was told my tracking number would be sent TWICE when in fact there was no tracking number to begin with.

I really do hope Vaperite sort this issue out because their prices are really competitive and I have heard good things about their business. Maybe it was just a hiccup with me.

@Vape_r we do apologise for the less than acceptable service. Between the 20% off special we offered at our retail outlets last weekend and the online specials we were simply flooded with sales and orders and we struggled to get everything out on time. We received over 50 online orders over the weekend and our warehouse staff were a little overwhelmed. We have learnt a few lessons from this special and will do our best to be better prepared next time. Hope the products you ordered met your expectations.

Regards
Barry

Hi All, so just a little something I noticed at the BluBird store last week. Every time I have been there before, the staff were fairly helpful, however last Wednesday when I popped into the store for some juice, there were 3 much younger staff members, who seemed more interested in chatting to each other and bragging about stuff than actually taking the time to assist me. Honestly not sure if I will be going back after that experience...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Once the Bedford village guys had locked the doors to have an impromptu cloud contest. I had to knock to get in.

I personally have been to the Vaperite store in Blubird and the pop up store in Eastgate. Both places have always given great service and feedback. The blubird octopod sample stations are awesome!!! Every now and then some of the coils are a little fried but besides that its a great way to try before you buy (wish the Eastgate shop had them though). Blubird has a nice juice and hardware selection, but eastgate has a poor juice selection overall. What is great about the Eastgate shop is that they take vouchers, Eastgate and Sandton gift vouchers!!! Very nice if you got any for your birthday :)

Still yet to visit other branches, but so far very happy with Vaperite !

I have a serious concerns about how Vaperite staff treat their customers. I frequent the Blubird and Bedfordview shops on a regular basis. Every time, it appears that the staff are doing me a major favor by serving me. No basic manners, no greeting, no asking if there is anything else I need, no please or thank you when handing over payment. And this has been a reoccurring problem for me, that honestly makes me not want to spend my money at any Vaperite.

Unfortunately this is retail. And with retail, comes a basic expectation of treating customers with some sort of respect. I enjoy the stores, but the staff seriously need to be taught what basic manners are.

Problem with staff.
Vaperite park view pretoria are fantastic. Always friendly always courteous and happy to shoot the breeze with their customers if the shop isn't busy.
Have been there many times and always a good experience.

Been to Bedford previously (it's close to my offices) agree the staff there are awful. Unfriendly and generally bad attitude.

Thx @Vaperite South Africa have replied to your PM.
Please make an effort to reward the staff in Parkview. They really are something special and worth retaining.

Hi @igor

Thanks for the PM and your post here. All of our staff are paid a good basic and monthly performance and incentive bonuses. Attitude and customer service count towards the performance bonus so those who excel and those who let us down will have their performance bonuses adjusted accordingly.

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, and act on both so your comments about the Parkview Pretoria staff are noted.

Regards
Barry

Visited the Bedfordview store yesterday. It's my first visit since you relocated next door.

Store impression : fantastic. I was on a tight time budget so couldn't explore the octopods, but it is still on the todo list.
Got mostly what I needed (had to settle for a 250ml VG instead of a 500ml, but hey - thats the nature of retail, not an issue)

The staff definitely know their stuff, no complaints there, and you can see they want to give us customers an excellent experience, but there's still a certain something lacking.

The guys weren't rude or anything, I just can't quite put my finger on it. Sorry, I wish I could be more descriptive.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience, it was a definite good visit, but there is still room for improvement.

Top marks for one thing though - it is awesome to have a B&M where I can walk in and look at a collection of concentrates. Ordering online is fine and and dandy, but being able to stand in front of the stock to make the final decision is awesome sauce!

Down tick - the bottles the concentrates are in suck. One opened fine, one took some serious massage to get open, but my VBIC is staying resolutely closed.

Back