Vapour Mountain Legends

As a relative newbie I am not going to venture onto the complex field of official reviews so just a few personal comments. My favourite juices up to this point has been Five Pawns Queenside and Grandmaster largely because these e-liquids were not only well rounded and full of flavour but for the first time exposed me to complexity and the elusive taste of umami in e-liquids. I have now had a quick taste of the Legends range and i believe they have cracked the code. Even with my relatively primitive gear(eVic and Aspire Nautilus tank) I was hugely impressed by the depth of flavours and quality of these e-liquids. Well done guys - keep on doing the same and you will have a loyal customer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even with my relatively primitive gear(eVic and Aspire Nautilus tank) I was hugely impressed by the depth of flavours and quality of these e-liquids.

There is nothing primitive with a Nautilus Tank! Still the best atomiser on the planet! ;)

Welcome @Danrmb111, I agree with you VM juices are really right up there.

There is nothing wrong with an evic and a Nautilus, I can assure you.

The evic's major criticism is that it is not well built, but I use my Nautilus as a daily carry device, and it does represent flavours really well.

If you get a chance, go and post a hello on the intro thread

Have done so already, but have been reasonably quiet since then.

The comment on my primitive gear was a bit tongue in cheek. I agree with you on the Nautilus. I also use iTaste VTR and Kanger Aerotank and hopefully soon will start looking at drippers and the more esoteric stuff.

The comment on my primitive gear was a bit tongue in cheek. I agree with you on the Nautilus. I also use iTaste VTR and Kanger Aerotank and hopefully soon will start looking at drippers and the more esoteric stuff.

All good bud, just didn't want you to think the evic was a toy, or rubbish. I think the technology and capability is really good. It just doesn't get on well when mixed with gravity and hard surfaces.

The VTR is awesome, just don't drop it on your foot :)

If you are up for a challenge and enjoy tinkering you can cut off the ring on your VTR so that the Nautilus (kind of) fits on it.

It's a great match

As a relative newbie I am not going to venture onto the complex field of official reviews so just a few personal comments. My favourite juices up to this point has been Five Pawns Queenside and Grandmaster largely because these e-liquids were not only well rounded and full of flavour but for the first time exposed me to complexity and the elusive taste of umami in e-liquids. I have now had a quick taste of the Legends range and i believe they have cracked the code. Even with my relatively primitive gear(eVic and Aspire Nautilus tank) I was hugely impressed by the depth of flavours and quality of these e-liquids. Well done guys - keep on doing the same and you will have a loyal customer.

If you know about and identify umami (pleasant savoury taste) you can certainly contribute to our body of juice reviews. Next time we want a full and proper review from your side please, otherwise we shall put the Fines Master onto you:D.

ok i'm not much of complex juice person, so i can't go on and on about this flavour interacting with this one or stuff like that, but here goes thanks to some tasters received form @Rob Fisher :
mods used : nemeis with igo w3 dripper and vamo with homemade protank coil

Dean : smells amazing but it's just not for me. i have too much of a sweet tooth. tasted very nice though.

Guevara : complex tobacco say what? when i smell it i get a fruity aroma coming through strong and when it's vaped it tastes like kittens and rainbows, ok not really but it's very very nice. this is a great tasting fusion of a bunch of stuff i can't name but it definately gets 2 thumbs up

Hi all

The next in the lineup of the VM Legends range is Guevara. I have been vaping this for about a week on the dripper and in my trusty mini Protank 2.

Here goes...

VapourMountain Legends - GUEVARA (18mg)

LegendsGuevaraLabel.jpg

I like it a lot.

It smells like tobacco and is yellowish in colour.

On the dripper (1.4 ohm coil at 13.5 Watts)

For me it has a unique spicy tobacco taste. The tobacco is there but is balanced with a spicyness. It has a slight grassy taste to it. I'm thinking some kind of Chai spice. It is a very pleasant mix and is definitely a well-balanced complex juice. I think the flavours work very well together.

The throat hit is quite strong and pleasant. It punches hard and knocks the top of the throat - then I get a lovely tingling sensation in my mouth and throat. This adds to the experience.

It has a medium sweetness and medium dryness. It is a strong flavour and not at all subtle. It is natural tasting. The aftertaste is strong and very pleasant. That spicy grassiness lingers for quite a while, so too does the tingling sensation, which I find quite pleasing.

Vapour production was medium.

I have liked it more the more I vaped it, so give it a chance. It's a bit too spicy for my taste to vape it all day at high power though. But nothing wrong at all with the flavours in this juice.

On the mini Protank 2 (1.5 ohm custom coil at 8 Watts)

The vape on my recoiled mPT2 was fantastic. A more "soothing" kind of vape.

It's more subtle. A bit less tobaccoey and not as spicy. A lovely buttery smooth texture. It's a bit sweeter and wetter than on the dripper, which was spicier and drier. It's also less tingly and there is less of an aftertaste.

Allround, it vapes very well on the mPT2 - the flavours come through well - just more subtle.

I found Guevara makes for a great change after vaping fruits and other sweetish juices like VM's Choc Mint. If you want something bold and completely different then Guevara delivers.

Verdict

Overall, this is a strong-flavoured spicy tobacco. I like it for its decent throat hit and tingly spicyness which is unique for me. It's a bit too spicy for me to vape it all day at high power but is a very pleasant on-going vape in the mPT2 at lower power. It will definitely be a regular vape and I would re-order.

Equipment used:
- Dripper set up - IGO-L with 1.4 ohm micro coil and cotton wick. SVD at 13.5 Watts
- mini Protank 2 setup - custom 1.5 ohm micro coil with cotton wick and MVP at 8 Watts

Thanks Rob ;-)

Very well written detailed review @Silver. IMO the Guevara shines at sub-ohm vaping (0.7 ohms), the tobacco flavours tend to come more to the fore and the spicyness goes more to the background.

Thanks Johan

I will get there ;-)
Just need some good batteries ;-)

Thanks @ShaneW

@BhavZ was thinking of you when vaping this on the mPT2.

Awesome review @Silver, Guevara surprised me. Initially it was too rich for me and I thought of it as a vape for once in a while in the evening. Ended up being the first Legends bottle to be empty. I add a couple drops of VM Menthol Ice(Not concentrate, pre-mixed) and I'm in vape heaven.

You are right @Rex_Bael
Guevara does grow on a person
Thanks for the VM Menthol Ice tip, I haven't tried that yet...

Great review @Silver ! At first I got a lot of citrus in it and after leaving it to steep for a while, it blends together and no citrus. Awesome juice.

I agree with you @TylerD. I tried the juice a while back, before doing the review and got what tasted a bit like pineapple. After it stood for a while, I didnt get much of that anymore.

Because of the complexity of Guevara I find that vaping it at different ohms gives the juice a new twist every time. At 0.8 ohms the pure tobacco taste is really pronounced and at 1.0 ohm the spiciness comes through and at 1..5 ohms the sweet side comes through more. So depending on your taste one can tweak this juice to shine in any setting.

ok since it seems there are those like @BhavZ and @Silver who's tongues can find the proverbial pea under a 100 mattresses and guys like me and @Rob Fisher who don't, i hereby propose an alternative rating system for those of us who prefer a more simpler way of rating juices : introducing the nom rating system

1) blech : no nom at all
2) semi - nom : just a small bit of nom
3) nom : its nom
4) nomnomnom : very nom
5) holy freaking nom batman : this is super nom

;P

Back