Viper's Den

Viper_SA

https://www.tiktok.com/@tinus_viper?lang=en
LV

Awards
Hi all, so, some of you may have seen my recent rant on my "Calling all diyers" thread. I decided to start a new thread here to share my recipes. Now, please don't take this the wrong way, but this thread is meant for diyers, by diyers. I do not want anyone who has a commercial local or international juice line to comment here or give pointers even. No offense meant, I just think this is the way forward for me. If you agree, please join in the fun.

Please only post original recipes created by you, and tested by you, and found to be good. No copy/paste from websites please. If you tweaked an existing recipe, please reference and give credit where due.

I won't be breaking it up into categories or indexing recipes, I just don't have the time. Obviously this thread will only appeal to a small portion of diyers, with so many other great threads around. That is fine by me, I want a small group of people who are really passionate about the diy journey and can grow together.

Happy mixing

Interesting read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_tobacco

My tobacco notes thus far:

Attachments

• Tobacco notes.xls.pdf
    351.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I will start off with two unusual recipes for me, i.e. non-tobacco recipes :D

First up is Viper's Lime Cream Biscuits:

upload_2016-11-3_19-47-57.png

Then follows Viper's Desserted Pineapple:

upload_2016-11-3_19-49-9.png

I will add your Black Valentine. I didn't have FW Dark chocolate so I used INW Dark Chocolate tobacco.
I don't know what your original taste like and you would think that me using the two tobaccos would be too much but it isn't.
I started off with 1.5% INW Dark Chocolate Tobacco and the Tobacco Kent was the dominant taste.
Upped it to 3% and the Chocolate came through nicely
My taste buds are in all likelihood dead but for me this is not a very strong tobacco vape and could probably fall into the beverage category.
As an avid tobacco vapor I still really enjoy this and it is a simple mix. I must just add as well that I am not a big Tiramisu fan but this recipe changed my ideas on that.
Nice dark chocolate coffee with some tobacco.

Black Valentine
FA Tiramisu - 0.5%
FW Dark Chocolate - 3% (I used INW Dark Chocolate Tobacco)
INW Tobacco Kent - 1.5%

Branching out from the tobacco's are you?????

@GregF I am actually going to try your version as well, Luckily I have all the ingredients for it. Still working my way through the single flavor tobaccos I mixed up a few weeks ago. I think I will post them here, even though they reference to some of my recipes, might still be of help to some tobacco lovers.

Branching out from the tobacco's are you?????

I run non-tobaccos in my sub-ohm tanks, as I only MTL tobaccos. For some reason I cannot vape Bronuts any longer due to a horrible throat scratch, so I only had two recipes to vape on my tanks, and was getting bored with them. I actually ordered the INW Mississipi thinking it was a down south tobacco, until I found out it was a pineapple cream. Had to do something with it :D

Hi - I will be very interested in following this thread - I have had some awesome awesome help from @Soutie and currently setting my DIY "Stuff" up. I have noted some brilliant recipes on the forum and will be mixing some soon. :hi:

I will start off with two unusual recipes for me, i.e. non-tobacco recipes :D

First up is Viper's Lime Cream Biscuits:
Then follows Viper's Desserted Pineapple:

Thanks - how about a brief description? Although I can "imagine" the taste profile, a short description would help others to decide whether or not to give it a go?

Just a thought...

Not quite a recipe as such but a real amateur go at DIY menthol. Didn't get all scientific with the measurements as I was just getting a feel for the menthol crystals.

Bought a small tub of crystals (menthol, not meth) at the chemist for R80.
Emptied contents into an envelope and ran the rolling pin over a couple times to powderise.
Placed about a pinkie finger nail of powder (I swear, its not drugs) and placed in a 10ml bottle, filled bittle with PG.

Gave a good shake and left in hot water to dissolve fully.

The aroma from the mixture is very deceiving. It gives off a very subtle menthol smell, kind of like halls sweets.

I had about 8mls of 5% RY4 double juice that I wasn't quite happy with and added 10 drops of my fresh menthol concentrate. WOW! It gives a very fresh flavour that covered my Neanderthal tastebud problems I was having with the RY4D.

So I got brave and tried to vape a bit of the concentrate straight up. Starts off very mild but as more of it got wicked up, obviously the menthol effect got turned up to 11 and it was like vaping an atomic bomb. A flu buster of note.

My next experiment will be more scientific, but if anyone else wants to give it a try, both for the fun of it and to save R's I can I highly recommend.

I'd suggest starting with equal amounts (by volume) menthol crystals and PG. Shake to dissolve and top up with PG if needed to ensure it all mixes in and to achieve desired potency.

To use add a couple drops per 10mls to taste. Unless you are a masochist or a big menthol fan you'd probably want to keep it less than 0.5% but it adds an awesome dimension to existing flavours.

A last note, after my RY4D attempt I topped up the tank with another juice that was quite warm on the tongue. The lingering menthol provided a nice cooling effect on the throat, kind of like eating ice cream with a hot pudding.

@Viper_SA , hope this fits with the vibe you trying to create for the thread.

Thanks - how about a brief description? Although I can "imagine" the taste profile, a short description would help others to decide whether or not to give it a go?

Just a thought...

Soon as I have the time, I will get right on it

As you all know, I consider myself quite the tobacco guru. I have started making some notes on single flavor tobaccos. Some of them reference to my other recipes, and most are just the ramblings going on in my head while I test them. If it helps anyone, great stuff. If it makes you giggle, also great. Life's too short to be so serious.

upload_2016-11-5_20-42-20.png

Will update once I work my way through them.

12 down, 22 to go :D

Attachments

• Tobacco notes.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 26
opened fine for me as well.

Thanks @Viper_SA thats very handy.
Tobacco Symphony sounds like a winner.
Tobacco Kent, yip I agree very very nice. I think it might be a coil clogger of note though. Unless I had something else clogging up the coil....didnt do the whole investigation thing.
So it looks like Black Cat for Pipe needs a little upping up. Very interesting.

Seems like I got a new 'fan' on ELR

hahaha just read a note on Wyatt Earp hahaha you got a hater.
The votes have picked up quite a bit though. From the last time I looked anyway.

Last edited:
ok you must have peed off "man has no name" somewhere along the line.
he cant not like every one of your recipes. One maybe two due to personal taste, but it seems like he is just making kak.
Ah well, publicity good or bad is still publicity

Is there not some way to report a user on ECR.
Surely you cant just post any crap there that you want.

As mentioned earlier. This name should read "Black Gold" as I have used Gold Plums for a different recipe. It turned out to be a dark pipe tobacco, with very slight fruity notes (again, not sure which fruits) with a with a slightly bitter dark chocolate after taste.A well rounded tobacco, that is on the drier side of things. Definitely a drinking companion.

agf-png.59603

Vaping it at 0.7 Ohm, 1.2mm air hole Cyclone, single coil 26 awg Ni80 for MTL

This one is only a few days into it's steep time, will probably give it a week or two eventually. Just had to taste it now, and I like it. I light, creamy, golden tobacco with very slight fruit nuances. (On't ask me what fruit, all I know is it tastes fruity )
Reminds me a little bit of the cans of Peterson's Sherlock Holmes pipe tobacco.

upload_2016-7-5_18-30-23-png.59989

Back