VooDoo Juice - Juice Reviews

I bought some Gravestone , devils breath and my all day vape JACK THE RIPPER.... Friggin delicious!!! My new all day vape!!!

Zombie Blood 3mg:

Setup: Goblin Mini dual clapton 0.3ohm.

Wicked with DC cotton pads.

Website description:

Subtle banana with a whack of strawberry and something mysterious to smooth out the edges.

Notes:

I think I'm mostly getting the "something mysterious" - kind of a choc/banana taste, but I can't really identify it. (although it's possible I have damaged my tastebuds/brain with my roast chicken/prawn DIY juice experiments)

No hint of strawberry, but I'll update in a while when the bottle has steeped some more.

Still a rather pleasant & smooth vape, and my first voodoo experience. I bought a few flavours and decided to start with this because I thought it smelled the best ;-)

Another nice surprise from a local juice.

Hi all

This is my first review of a VooDoo Juice. For those that don't know, VooDoo is a local juice brand created by @Zeki Hilmi in Cape Town. He puts a lot of passion into it.

Some background. A juice I am very familiar with is VM's Choc Mint. It has pretty much been permanently loaded in one of my Reos for more than a year. I like it a lot but the chocolate in it has an artificial taste. So I add VM Coffee concentrate and have been vaping that concoction for many months. I was very interested to try out a new local Choc Mint juice. So I bought a 30ml bottle of Dark Forrest a few months ago. I got the 12mg version and I paid R140 at VapeClub. The juice says 60/40 on the bottle. I assume it means 60% VG, since it doesn't feel like 60% PG to me. Perhaps Zeki can confirm. I have been vaping it for the past two weeks.

VooDoo Vapour - DARK FORREST (12mg)

Bottom line - a lovely minty juice with a tad of white chocolate. Silky with a premium feel and very smooth. I just felt I wanted a bit more chocolate. Good quality juice but for my palette, not my preferred Choc Mint vape. Enjoyed vaping it but probably will not re-order.

IMG_0777 - VooDoo Dark Forrest.jpg

The juice has a darkish orangey colour and it smells lovely. Has a great minty chocolate smell.

On the vape I initially get a fresh minty taste. Then a very mild chocolate in the background. The flavours are quite subtle, not in your face. The mint is not strong but it does increase quite nicely on longer drags. It's a plain mint and not overpowering. Just the right amount for a soothing kind of vape. The chocolate is very mild and is a white chocolate to my palette. Not dark and rich, rather subtle. It tastes nice.

It's not very sweet and has a medium wetness. I find it's more of a coolish flavour. It is mostly natural tasting but I did find on my first vape and occasionally thereafter that there was a slight synthetic/artifical tone coming through. It was more prominent on Rayon than cotton so it could be the way my taste buds interprets this on Rayon. Almost a slight sterileness to it. But it went away after a while and was hardly noticeable on cotton wicks.

I found the throat hit quite low. It was a 12mg version and I usually like to review on 18mg. Also, the 60% VG I suspect softened it. The positive is that it's a nice soothing vape. I enjoyed this in the mornings when I typically need a milder vape. Vapour production was good.

I liked the texture of the vape a lot. It's smooth and silky. Feels premium. To me it's more of a mellow vape, not a bold one. Therefore it has good all day vapability, combined with the mild flavours and lowish throat hit.

The juice vaped very well in my equipment. I used two Reos. (RM2 and Nuppin) No problems. I preferred organic cotton to Rayon for this juice. I found the Rayon accentuated that synthetic taste and also boosted the mint a bit, dimming out the chocolate. The organic cotton gave me a more balanced flavour and I preferred that.

I tried it on the Nuppin lung-hit style and on the RM2 mouth-to-lung style. I liked them both and it was difficult to choose a clear winner. On the Nuppin I got a bit more mint and a more minty aftertaste. The chocolate was less. But I enjoyed the smoothness of the juice in lung hit mode. Nice and soothing.

The aftertaste of this juice is very good. I get a tasty chocolate flavour lingering for a while and it's very pleasant. Almost more so than on the vape itself.

Not many negatives from me for this juice. Perhaps I would have liked a bit more chocolate to come through. And the occasional artificial tone did detract slightly. Oh, I nearly forgot, a negative for me is that the bottle requires a pipette or syringe to fill with.

Overall I would say this is a good juice for subtle mindless vaping if you like something mildly minty with a dash of chocolate in the background.

As for comparing against Vapour Mountain's Choc Mint, here are the differences:
  • Dark Forrest is more minty and less chocolaty. It's not as rich or as strongly flavoured as VM Choc Mint.
  • Dark Forrest has a white chocolate taste whereas VM's Choc Mint is more of a milk chocolate (normal chocolate taste)
VM Choc Mint has a slight artificial taste of its chocolate, which I combat by adding VM's Coffee concentrate. Although Dark Forrest is nice I still prefer my "VM Choc Mint Coffee" concoction. They are a bit different though.

As for comparing to another international juice - 5 Pawns Bowdens Mate. Well these two local Choc Mints are very different and I feel not really comparable. Bowdens is masterful in its complexity and has several other flavours in it. Totally different taste.

Packaging:
- Decent packaging - dark glass bottle with a simple to remove screw cap.
- Labelling is good and the PG/VG ratio is on there. I just don't know whether its PG/VG or VG/PG
- Downside is there is no nozzle so you have to use a pipette or a syringe to extract the juice and fill your device. Just don't knock the bottle over when you take off the cap.
- The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.9 ohm coil - Rayon and organic cotton wicks - (15 to 19 Watts, depending on battery level)
- REO Grand/Nuppin1 - dual 0.55 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (26 to 32 Watts, depending on battery level)

When I first bought mine it was awful I let it steep for more than a month and it became simply brilliant. :)

When I first bought mine it was awful I let it steep for more than a month and it became simply brilliant. :)

Thanks @Jan

I got mine just after VapeCon time, so probably during June. It had been sitting in the cupboard closed for a few months. I did not open it to let it breathe though. Bottle is nearly finished now but i do think it has improved since i opened it. So maybe it needs some breathing.

Hi all

This is my first review of a VooDoo Juice. For those that don't know, VooDoo is a local juice brand created by @Zeki Hilmi in Cape Town. He puts a lot of passion into it.

Some background. A juice I am very familiar with is VM's Choc Mint. It has pretty much been permanently loaded in one of my Reos for more than a year. I like it a lot but the chocolate in it has an artificial taste. So I add VM Coffee concentrate and have been vaping that concoction for many months. I was very interested to try out a new local Choc Mint juice. So I bought a 30ml bottle of Dark Forrest a few months ago. I got the 12mg version and I paid R140 at VapeClub. The juice says 60/40 on the bottle. I assume it means 60% VG, since it doesn't feel like 60% PG to me. Perhaps Zeki can confirm. I have been vaping it for the past two weeks.

VooDoo Vapour - DARK FORREST (12mg)

Bottom line - a lovely minty juice with a tad of white chocolate. Silky with a premium feel and very smooth. I just felt I wanted a bit more chocolate. Good quality juice but for my palette, not my preferred Choc Mint vape. Enjoyed vaping it but probably will not re-order.

View attachment 35189

The juice has a darkish orangey colour and it smells lovely. Has a great minty chocolate smell.

On the vape I initially get a fresh minty taste. Then a very mild chocolate in the background. The flavours are quite subtle, not in your face. The mint is not strong but it does increase quite nicely on longer drags. It's a plain mint and not overpowering. Just the right amount for a soothing kind of vape. The chocolate is very mild and is a white chocolate to my palette. Not dark and rich, rather subtle. It tastes nice.

It's not very sweet and has a medium wetness. I find it's more of a coolish flavour. It is mostly natural tasting but I did find on my first vape and occasionally thereafter that there was a slight synthetic/artifical tone coming through. It was more prominent on Rayon than cotton so it could be the way my taste buds interprets this on Rayon. Almost a slight sterileness to it. But it went away after a while and was hardly noticeable on cotton wicks.

I found the throat hit quite low. It was a 12mg version and I usually like to review on 18mg. Also, the 60% VG I suspect softened it. The positive is that it's a nice soothing vape. I enjoyed this in the mornings when I typically need a milder vape. Vapour production was good.

I liked the texture of the vape a lot. It's smooth and silky. Feels premium. To me it's more of a mellow vape, not a bold one. Therefore it has good all day vapability, combined with the mild flavours and lowish throat hit.

The juice vaped very well in my equipment. I used two Reos. (RM2 and Nuppin) No problems. I preferred organic cotton to Rayon for this juice. I found the Rayon accentuated that synthetic taste and also boosted the mint a bit, dimming out the chocolate. The organic cotton gave me a more balanced flavour and I preferred that.

I tried it on the Nuppin lung-hit style and on the RM2 mouth-to-lung style. I liked them both and it was difficult to choose a clear winner. On the Nuppin I got a bit more mint and a more minty aftertaste. The chocolate was less. But I enjoyed the smoothness of the juice in lung hit mode. Nice and soothing.

The aftertaste of this juice is very good. I get a tasty chocolate flavour lingering for a while and it's very pleasant. Almost more so than on the vape itself.

Not many negatives from me for this juice. Perhaps I would have liked a bit more chocolate to come through. And the occasional artificial tone did detract slightly. Oh, I nearly forgot, a negative for me is that the bottle requires a pipette or syringe to fill with.

Overall I would say this is a good juice for subtle mindless vaping if you like something mildly minty with a dash of chocolate in the background.

As for comparing against Vapour Mountain's Choc Mint, here are the differences:
  • Dark Forrest is more minty and less chocolaty. It's not as rich or as strongly flavoured as VM Choc Mint.
  • Dark Forrest has a white chocolate taste whereas VM's Choc Mint is more of a milk chocolate (normal chocolate taste)
VM Choc Mint has a slight artificial taste of its chocolate, which I combat by adding VM's Coffee concentrate. Although Dark Forrest is nice I still prefer my "VM Choc Mint Coffee" concoction. They are a bit different though.

As for comparing to another international juice - 5 Pawns Bowdens Mate. Well these two local Choc Mints are very different and I feel not really comparable. Bowdens is masterful in its complexity and has several other flavours in it. Totally different taste.

Packaging:
- Decent packaging - dark glass bottle with a simple to remove screw cap.
- Labelling is good and the PG/VG ratio is on there. I just don't know whether its PG/VG or VG/PG
- Downside is there is no nozzle so you have to use a pipette or a syringe to extract the juice and fill your device. Just don't knock the bottle over when you take off the cap.
- The cap is not of the "child deterrent" variety

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 - single 0.9 ohm coil - Rayon and organic cotton wicks - (15 to 19 Watts, depending on battery level)
- REO Grand/Nuppin1 - dual 0.55 ohm coil - Rayon wicks - (26 to 32 Watts, depending on battery level)
For once my taste buds have to disagree with yours @Silver. As I remembered DF it had quite a pronounced dark chocolate taste. V1 more so than V2. Loaded it (V2) in the Reo Mini with RM2 at 0.77 ohms about half an hour ago to check again. I definitely taste it as a smooth dark milk chocolate and not a white creamy chocolate. And quite up front, not just in the background. In equal measure with the mint. Going back in this thread I see at least one other post mentioning it as a dark chocolate, the others just saying chocolate. Will be interesting to hear how others experience it.

For once my taste buds have to disagree with yours @Silver. As I remembered DF it had quite a pronounced dark chocolate taste. V1 more so than V2. Loaded it (V2) in the Reo Mini with RM2 at 0.77 ohms about half an hour ago to check again. I definitely taste it as a smooth dark milk chocolate and not a white creamy chocolate. And quite up front, not just in the background. In equal measure with the mint. Going back in this thread I see at least one other post mentioning it as a dark chocolate, the others just saying chocolate. Will be interesting to hear how others experience it.

Thanks for the feedback @Andre
Its probably just my calibration of milk vs white chocolate with vaping VM's Choc Mint so much. I think its because the flavours in VM Choc Mint are stronger so maybe I perceive the chocolate in VooDoo Dark Forrest to be more muted.
What is the V1 and V2 you refer to? Are there different versions of the juice?

Thanks for the feedback @Andre
Its probably just my calibration of milk vs white chocolate with vaping VM's Choc Mint so much. I think its because the flavours in VM Choc Mint are stronger so maybe I perceive the chocolate in VooDoo Dark Forrest to be more muted.
What is the V1 and V2 you refer to? Are there different versions of the juice?
Yip, the mixmaster changed the chocolate base at some stage to a smoother chocolate. Think @Yusuf Cape Vaper refers to it somewhere in this thread. Of course, V1 no longer made.

Yip, the mixmaster changed the chocolate base at some stage to a smoother chocolate. Think @Yusuf Cape Vaper refers to it somewhere in this thread. Of course, V1 no longer made.

Oh wow, ok thanks for that - I missed that.
@Zeki Hilmi - do you think mine was the V1? I got it around June this year, just after VapeCon. Got it from VapeClub.

@Silver it is possible it is the V1. I changed the chocolates as the darker chocolates are not wicking and coil friendly. Also I thought the V2 had a smoother taste and more authentic.

@Silver it is possible it is the V1. I changed the chocolates as the darker chocolates are not wicking and coil friendly. Also I thought the V2 had a smoother taste and more authentic.

Thanks @Zeki Hilmi - maybe it is the V1 then

Voodoo Dark Forest :

Nom rating : nom nom nom
Not sure about the age of the bottle, was kindly given to me by someone on the thread.
Loving this: Nice minty inhale , lekker chochy exhale
It is like vaping on a peppermint crisp choclate :)

So, this is a really delayed review of @Zeki Hilmi at Voo Doo E-juices Pompous Pom Range. The Pompous Pom is the latest edition to the company, and- as i understand- has been a work in progress for many months.

First up, we have Lord Snooty.
This is a Blueberry Ice Cream e-liquid. On the inhale i get a fresh blast of mixed berries (not blueberry, according to my taste buds) with a subtle yet tangy lingering. With the exhale i can feel the ice cream shower over my taste buds. This juice works well in RTA's and well on RDA's as its a 70/30 VG/PG ratio. After trying this joose, i can see why many of our local vendors have pushed to stock it. Well done on this one Zeki!

Second in line we have Queen Bee.
Vaping this juice, you can taste that the mixologist's passion and feeling went in to it. It has a very sweet Homey milky inhale, with an extra sweet yet subtle exhale of honey and sugar. This joose, as described by the mixologist, is a joose that'll make many vapers reminisce on their early childhood days. A very well balanced joose in my opinion.

I definitely agree with you on the Queen Bee, it's quite a nostalgic vape :)

Haven't tried Lord Snooty yet as I'm a bit hate/love with most berry flavours.

So I popped into @Zeki Hilmi's place last week, and he made me wait about 30mins before he even got home. He was busy working at his new mixing lab. Big up's to the vendors who are now investing large sums of money into professional clean room facilities.

Anyway, the reason I went was to buy a bottle of Miss Daisy's. She is described as a warm Pecan Nut Cream-pie, with wads of cream and what I can describe as a honey or maple syrup topping. Once again, Zeki lived up to the hype of his liquids as this juice really, really, blew me away! I haven't tested it at low power, because I Vaped the bottle up before I even got to really putting it through its paces. The juice is smooth, creamy, saucy, and has the perfect amount of sweetness to it. I Vaped it at around 95w, and I just couldn't put the bottle down. Well done again @Zeki Hilmi on this marvelous creation! See you at the vape meet on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Daisy's by Pompous Pom
At first I thought I was being a chop trying to squeeze the glass 100ml bottle, tapped it with a screwdriver and saw it was indeed plastic.
So I decanted it into one of the more hand friendly White Label bottles. :)

At the lower wattages(44w) it has a light whipped cream main note with subtle pecan and maple, def not honey.
Swopped over to TC, creamy lower down at 220 C , but much better at 240C when the pecan starts pulling through, higher up at 265C it fades to a sweet cream... happy place at 245C for me. (5 wraps 26g SS316L 2.5mm ID )

Compliments to the chef. :)
IMG_3428.JPG

Last edited:
So I popped into @Zeki Hilmi's place last week, and he made me wait about 30mins before he even got home. He was busy working at his new mixing lab. Big up's to the vendors who are now investing large sums of money into professional clean room facilities.

Anyway, the reason I went was to buy a bottle of Miss Daisy's. She is described as a warm Pecan Nut Cream-pie, with wads of cream and what I can describe as a honey or maple syrup topping. Once again, Zeki lived up to the hype of his liquids as this juice really, really, blew me away! I haven't tested it at low power, because I Vaped the bottle up before I even got to really putting it through its paces. The juice is smooth, creamy, saucy, and has the perfect amount of sweetness to it. I Vaped it at around 95w, and I just couldn't put the bottle down. Well done again @Zeki Hilmi on this marvelous creation! See you at the vape meet on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with this, this juice is the most smoothest and on point flavor I have ever had. Definitely worth a try!

Back