Voopoo Argus GT

One mod I would like to try, or the new one. But I think both will be winners. Also still have to get the rba, hope work comes in for Christmas, and the 2 ml may run out fast, but it’s not a train smash. Pity it’s not a 5 ml one, but that deck reminds me of my Nano engine so should be a breeze to build on.

One mod I would like to try, or the new one. But I think both will be winners. Also still have to get the rba, hope work comes in for Christmas, and the 2 ml may run out fast, but it’s not a train smash. Pity it’s not a 5 ml one, but that deck reminds me of my Nano engine so should be a breeze to build on.

It really is a breeze to coil and wick; I don't think it's possible to get it wrong. Two major drawbacks work hand in hand to make it really really annoying; the 2ml capacity and the refilling port (it's extremely small and overflows easily).

I do like the way how it fits on my Drag X and works really well as a travel setup. I do wish it came in black/anthracite though.

119449400_1670108196491392_5795132356737682858_o.jpg

It looks very nice. But personally, i prefer the look of the Argus
I won't lie it does look great but this a big pod mod, no 510 on this thing unless you buy one of those adapters

Agree! I found myself reading this thread at 1am this morning and battling to sleep thereafter cos it was something like this:

View attachment 207387
I so agree with this post!! :meparto::meparto: this happened after I read this post. Zeus sub ohm is my fav tank but I wanted to use it on a dual battery mod. Scratched around in my stash for a dual battery mod this morning and am now using the vaptio capt'n with a Zeus sub ohm tank. Lotsa juice great flavour and long battery life. For now it's ok. Ive tried an old wismec predator (it's old workhorse) aegis max (nice mod but kills single battery fast) and aegis legend (nice dual battery mod but it's huge)
So I had to scratch where its not itching and bought the argus gt kit in red on special at aliexpress. AUD 51 incl shipping. That's ZAR 588. I'm not that fussed about the pnp tank I prefer the Zeus sub ohm but will try it in time.

Attachments

• 20210103_162714_HDR.jpg
    20210103_162714_HDR.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 35
I so agree with this post!! :meparto::meparto: this happened after I read this post. Zeus sub ohm is my fav tank but I wanted to use it on a dual battery mod. Scratched around in my stash for a dual battery mod this morning and am now using the vaptio capt'n with a Zeus sub ohm tank. Lotsa juice great flavour and long battery life. For now it's ok. Ive tried an old wismec predator (it's old workhorse) aegis max (nice mod but kills single battery fast) and aegis legend (nice dual battery mod but it's huge)
So I had to scratch where its not itching and bought the argus gt kit in red on special at aliexpress. AUD 51 incl shipping. That's ZAR 588. I'm not that fussed about the pnp tank I prefer the Zeus sub ohm but will try it in time.
I'm not into subohm tanks either but I tried the PnP coils since they came with the kit and I must say I was most impressed with the flavour and the longevity of those coils

I'm not into subohm tanks either but I tried the PnP coils since they came with the kit and I must say I was most impressed with the flavour and the longevity of those coils
Have you tried Freemax coils? I need a comparison.
Anyone for that matter that can compare the two would be appreciated.

The other thing is. Most people I've asked about this mod says, "for what it is, it's ok" a little confusing to me. I don't know if it's just me, or them that couldn't elaborate further.

Both are great coils, the Freemax coils are great imho depending on the flavour profile and which type of tank specific one you are using, and the longevity is amazing. Maybe a bit longer lifespan on the Freemax side and a slight edge in flavour as well imo. And never had one leak on them, and the cotton no taste from the first draw. They are more aimed at DL if you ask me.

The Voopoo coils are equally great and you have a bit of a bigger variety when it comes to choice and resistance, and inter compatibility between devices, a major plus in my eyes. Some of the higher resistance coils do have a slight tendency to “leak”, but I think it is because they wick so well, wipe the nose and tail once a day and your fine. Also gives you the choice between a full DL, restricted DL or MTL type draw.

It a toss up between the two and in the end personal preference and vaping style will dictate which one you choose. Availability locally is a bit better with the Voopoo range, so that is also a consideration.

Disclaimer, I have not tried the device being discussed and the opinion regarding the coils are from my own experience using both, on a semi regular basis.

The Freemax coils edge it for flavour and kick ass when it comes to longevity, the PnP coils are very good though apart from can be leaky!

The other thing is. Most people I've asked about this mod says, "for what it is, it's ok" a little confusing to me. I don't know if it's just me, or them that couldn't elaborate further.

It is a great mod, light, sturdy, daily beater. If you want to get it to replace your Vapor Storm Puma 200w or your Vaporesso Gen, then it wont be for you, unless you are wanting to take a step backwards on performance. It was designed for the PnP tank and coils, and it works great with the PnP tank and coils in Smart Mode. Once you start tinkering in RBA or TC mode with your own/other tank on top (stock coil/RDA/RTA/RDTA/Etc) you will notice a drop in performance from what you had before (if you had a more powerful device before).

Does this make it a bad device? Not at all, I loved mine, but my Mrs loved it more so she is using it now. She does not go over 30W in any case and for her it works perfect for what she needs and wants out of it. For me running a 0.25Ω at 50W, it just does not hit as hard as what I already have on the desk.

Would I suggest it for anyone wanting to take a step up from pods and single battery mods? For sure!!!! You will love it just for its looks, feel and simplicity.

It is a No-mess-no-fuss Kit. Frankly, everyone should try it, some will hate it, some will love it and some will go to bed holding on to it under their pillows while having nightmares about those that binned it...

Both are great coils, the Freemax coils are great imho depending on the flavour profile and which type of tank specific one you are using, and the longevity is amazing. Maybe a bit longer lifespan on the Freemax side and a slight edge in flavour as well imo. And never had one leak on them, and the cotton no taste from the first draw. They are more aimed at DL if you ask me.

The Voopoo coils are equally great and you have a bit of a bigger variety when it comes to choice and resistance, and inter compatibility between devices, a major plus in my eyes. Some of the higher resistance coils do have a slight tendency to “leak”, but I think it is because they wick so well, wipe the nose and tail once a day and your fine. Also gives you the choice between a full DL, restricted DL or MTL type draw.

It a toss up between the two and in the end personal preference and vaping style will dictate which one you choose. Availability locally is a bit better with the Voopoo range, so that is also a consideration.

Disclaimer, I have not tried the device being discussed and the opinion regarding the coils are from my own experience using both, on a semi regular basis.
The Freemax coils edge it for flavour and kick ass when it comes to longevity, the PnP coils are very good though apart from can be leaky!
It is a great mod, light, sturdy, daily beater. If you want to get it to replace your Vapor Storm Puma 200w or your Vaporesso Gen, then it wont be for you, unless you are wanting to take a step backwards on performance. It was designed for the PnP tank and coils, and it works great with the PnP tank and coils in Smart Mode. Once you start tinkering in RBA or TC mode with your own/other tank on top (stock coil/RDA/RTA/RDTA/Etc) you will notice a drop in performance from what you had before (if you had a more powerful device before).

Does this make it a bad device? Not at all, I loved mine, but my Mrs loved it more so she is using it now. She does not go over 30W in any case and for her it works perfect for what she needs and wants out of it. For me running a 0.25Ω at 50W, it just does not hit as hard as what I already have on the desk.

Would I suggest it for anyone wanting to take a step up from pods and single battery mods? For sure!!!! You will love it just for its looks, feel and simplicity.

It is a No-mess-no-fuss Kit. Frankly, everyone should try it, some will hate it, some will love it and some will go to bed holding on to it under their pillows while having nightmares about those that binned it...

Thanks for the replies. It all makes sense to me now. What I get from this is it will be better suited as an MTL driver like how @Dela Rey Steyn is using it. And maybe as a backup for the DL vaper and most suited to its original pod mod form.

Thanks for the replies. It all makes sense to me now. What I get from this is it will be better suited as an MTL driver like how @Dela Rey Steyn is using it. And maybe as a backup for the DL vaper and most suited to its original pod mod form.
Yeah MTL or modest RDL and it works great, i personally use the VXV Soulmate RDTA PnP Pod which slips into the Adapt adaptor but uses it's own independent adjustable airflow!

Yeah MTL or modest RDL and it works great, i personally use the VXV Soulmate RDTA PnP Pod which slips into the Adapt adaptor but uses it's own independent adjustable airflow!
I have tried the Soulmate, great option and flavour but no go for my mouth. :confused: I have the Voopoo rba one, only problem is 2 ml in dL you spend a lot of time refilling, but flavour is exceptional, :) where’s the 5 ml version, nudge nudge wink wink, and waiting for a August’s draw with a more rta type top to try once it’s taken it’s trip around the sun via slow boat, kids Christmas present to me, they should have ordered earlier:D

I have tried the Soulmate, great option and flavour but no go for my mouth. :confused: I have the Voopoo rba one, only problem is 2 ml in dL you spend a lot of time refilling, but flavour is exceptional, :) where’s the 5 ml version, nudge nudge wink wink, and waiting for a August’s draw with a more rta type top to try once it’s taken it’s trip around the sun via slow boat, kids Christmas present to me, they should have ordered earlier:D
Not tried the Voopoo rebuildable pod! like the MTL PnP pod seems a generous 2ml and not having leaking issues with the MTL coil head which i do get with most Voopoo PnP coils!

Great info on the pnp and freemax tanks/coils much appreciated. The reason I prefer the Zeus sub ohm tank is the top air flow design. Yes your limited on the range of stock coils to use on it. It's the first stock coil tank I've ever used that truly does not leak. Nada it always stays dry. My preference is to go for top air flow tanks now when I review and buy any tank. Just a personal preference from experience nothing more.

I just couldn't resist.
Argus GT's with Zeus X Mesh RTA's
Dam this is sexy as f#*k
d2b578569cf95411bdad881b71956cc9.jpg
e470e652a58bac6eb39d73a22c5d7b24.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
I agree this is one mod that warrants buying a second one. I received the red one and paired it with a red zeus. Ordered a second one in carbon fibre to pair with black, red or rainbow zeus i have. Had a bit of dramas upgrading the firmware but got it done eventually. Connection dramas. New version is much better. Tossed up about buying the new drag 3 but will give it some time before i decide in future. This can easily be my much liked goto mod and tank combo for a long time..

Last edited:
Severely underpowered device IMO - 110W feels like 90W
Same as the Gen/S
However anything less than 80W is pretty accurate
Obviously designed for the pod system
It's beautiful but should not be advertised as a 160W Mod
Should have been a 120W mod for accuracy and battery-life reasons

I can count on one hand the people that I know that vapes above 80Watts. I still love my GT's and they'll stay in rotation until the day they die on me. Nice form factor, good ergonomics, very nice look, light as a feather, and performs perfectly well for my range of vaping.

I can count on one hand the people that I know that vapes above 80Watts. I still love my GT's and they'll stay in rotation until the day they die on me. Nice form factor, good ergonomics, very nice look, light as a feather, and performs perfectly well for my range of vaping.

Couldn't agree more. Got a second hand one as a backup for the wife but I have fell in love with it. Considering getting another one.

Great info on the pnp and freemax tanks/coils much appreciated. The reason I prefer the Zeus sub ohm tank is the top air flow design. Yes your limited on the range of stock coils to use on it. It's the first stock coil tank I've ever used that truly does not leak. Nada it always stays dry. My preference is to go for top air flow tanks now when I review and buy any tank. Just a personal preference from experience nothing more.
I can personally tell you from experience. None of the Freemax coils I used leaked. There isn't even condensation in their pod systems I have, but I'm not here to persuade you to change your mind. I'm here to tell you if you ever decide to try something different then give Freemax a try.

My VooPoo PnP tank (with the 0.15ohm coil) does not leak! A slight bit of condensation (less so than normal) but it has not leaked at all. Combine that with the flavour you get from that coil and it makes me reconsider staying in the rebuildable game.

Another interesting feature of the Argus gt mod is how the smart mode works. I've been vaping the z1 mesh 0.4 ohm stock coils in the Zeus sub ohm tank at 60w in previous mods in smart mode. I used aegis max and vaptio capt'n mods before. The manufacturer recommended wattage for these z1 mesh coils are 60 to 70 watt. In the Argus gt mod in smart mode the mod calculates 35w as the recommended wattage. If I try and go over 40w the mod informs me nogo that the max wattage is reached and will not go over 40w as a safety feature. Funny enough at 40w I still get great flavour and better battery usage than in the 60w I used in previous mods I used. I know in TC mode or rba mode I could probably go over 40w but I haven't even tried it yet.

Switched from a single battery mod to this, using single coil RTA on it ( RBA mode at 35watts ). Battery's now last and it just feels great in the hand ( light as well ).

Severely underpowered device IMO - 110W feels like 90W
Same as the Gen/S
However anything less than 80W is pretty accurate
Obviously designed for the pod system
It's beautiful but should not be advertised as a 160W Mod
Should have been a 120W mod for accuracy and battery-life reasons
Dude. Take a look at the much older Smoant Naboo and the more recent Freemax Maxus 200. The kick your looking for might hide somewhere there. If not... The search continues.

Back