Voopoo Drag X coil leaking

Slightly off topic, but I found that the only way to get the best flavour is airflow wide open. Even slightly closed the flavour dissapears. Am I crazy? From everything I've read, less airflow is supposed to mean better flavour? Apologies for going off topic but the moment I find someone who has experience with the Drag x I gotta ask :)
There's no hard and fast rules regarding anything. If it works for you then it works for you.

I personally use all my gear with airflow wide open, I prefer it that way. My wife uses hers closed off a bit.

Slightly off topic, but I found that the only way to get the best flavour is airflow wide open. Even slightly closed the flavour dissapears. Am I crazy? From everything I've read, less airflow is supposed to mean better flavour? Apologies for going off topic but the moment I find someone who has experience with the Drag x I gotta ask :)
Don't know I have the Vinci and Vinci X with the pnp coils, get better flavor with restricted airflow

There's no hard and fast rules regarding anything. If it works for you then it works for you.

I personally use all my gear with airflow wide open, I prefer it that way. My wife uses hers closed off a bit.
I completely understand taste is a subjective thing, but if the science says less airflow = more flavour, I remain perplexed. I will leave it wide open since that's the best flavour I seem to get :)

I completely understand taste is a subjective thing, but if the science says less airflow = more flavour, I remain perplexed. I will leave it wide open since that's the best flavour I seem to get :)
It's not that Black and White, yes less airflow quite often gives more flavour but the wattage needs to be reduced along with the airflow, it's getting the correct balance. It also depends on the coils and airflow design, one of the main contributors to flavour is surface area which can be much less in a MTL setup due to the reduced chamber but all that surface area needs airflow coverage to get the best flavour. If that can be achieved with less airflow then yes the theory of less airflow to increase flavour holds up and with my RDL and MTL vapes it's how i get flavour by reducing airflow even if that means a reduction in wattage while others will just dial that wattage up. It does fall down though if a reduction in airflow results in less surface area receiving air coverage then actually better flavour is found by increasing airflow.

I've been using the Drag X for a few months and I love it - and there is no leaking whatsoever. The bottom of the pod is slightly damp and that would be from condensation. I use the 0.15ohm coil, vaping at 55W.

0.6 coil mostly, condensation only. But I wipe it’s but and nose before bedtime and store the 2 apart on a piece of white gold.

0.6 coil mostly, condensation only. But I wipe it’s but and nose before bedtime and store the 2 apart on a piece of white gold.
I've just been using the 0.6 for the first time and even at it's max 28w, I find the flavour is not there compared to the 0.15

when-you-find-73f11e1aaf.jpg

I've just been using the 0.6 for the first time and even at it's max 28w, I find the flavour is not there compared to the 0.15
I must agree, I don’t know if it’s just the batch of coils but I’ve had one 0.6 that just didn’t deliver, and I know the juice profile well, second one is on track. I don’t think we will ever be able to get the same flavour out of a commercial coil as we can on a rebuildable, but I must be honest it has improved dramatically since I started vaping.

Back