Vtr Battery Clip

annemarievdh

Vaping Addict
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Jaco's VTR's battery clip keeps opening for anything and then the battery falls out. It's rely starting to irritate both of us.

Anyone have a idea how we can fix it.

Attachments

• VTR.jpg
    VTR.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 46
Does it click in at all?

Yes, it does. But opens for any little bump

The compression spring has either broken or slipped out. You will need to open the base and check. A good source for springs I find are some ball point bic pens. The ones that have that click thingy.

edit: might also just try stretching out the spring.

The compression spring has either broken or slipped out. You will need to open the base and check. A good source for springs I find are some ball point bic pens. The ones that have that click thingy.

edit: might also just try stretching out the spring.

Thank you we will try, but if you just touch the door not even the release button it slides open.

Thank you we will try, but if you just touch the door not even the release button it slides open.

Can you post a few hi-res pics? I can then compare it to my VTR. Sounds like the clips may in fact be bent.

Can you post a few hi-res pics? I can then compare it to my VTR. Sounds like the clips may in fact be bent.

This is the best we can do, only have camera's on our phones.

Attachments

• vtr4.png
    vtr4.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 38
  • vtr5.png
    vtr5.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 28
  • vtr6.png
    vtr6.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 35
  • vtr 1.png
    vtr 1.png
    139.3 KB · Views: 32
  • vtr2.png
    vtr2.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 41
  • vtr3.png
    vtr3.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 40
From the pic it looks like the spring loaded latch is fully closed, does it have strong push back back in the open position and does it do the same with no battery in?

From the pic it looks like the spring loaded latch is fully closed, does it have strong push back back in the open position and does it do the same with no battery in?

Yeah, I was just looking at mine as you describe. The spring tension is pretty strong.

@annemarievdh remove battery, use a toothpick to push back the lock release. And then let it go back. It should spring back with a lot of force.

The spring appears to be strong, it clicks when I close it. The lid does not pop open with no battery in.

The top pin (positive side of the battery) is spring loaded on the VTR, put the battery in and with the lid open work the battery down and up a bit with your finger. Maybe that positive pin is not seating properly.

Yeah, I was just looking at mine as you describe. The spring tension is pretty strong.

@annemarievdh remove battery, use a toothpick to push back the lock release. And then let it go back. It should spring back with a lot of force.

It springs back with a strong force. I wonder if the lip of the hook overlaps enough with the spring loaded latch. I cant see any way to extend the lip of the hook to increase overlapping.

The top pin (positive side of the battery) is spring loaded on the VTR, put the battery in and with the lid open work the battery down and up a bit with your finger. Maybe that positive pin is not seating properly.

Pushing the battery in, it moves about 4mm in and retreats fully.

With the lid closed how much movement has it got to the back (button) side where the lid hinge is? With mine it has less than 1 mm play..

EDIT: Should read " .. how much movement has the lid got .."

With the lid closed how much movement has it got to the back (button) side where the lid hinge is? With mine it has less than 1 mm play..

There's about 1mm play on the lid, and nothing appears to be bent, and I've never dropped the unit to bend any part. It happened occasionally when I got the unit, but its more frequent lately.

Take it back to VapeKing :p

On a serious note though, take apart the bottom section and have a look.

It is a bit odd, the catches on lid and sliding mechanism seems ok and the spring sounds like its still good. How old is it?

@annemarievdh if you open the lid, let the clip slip back the closed position then let the battery lid just rest on the clip (do not press it closed) just let it rest on the top of the clip.

How much overlap is there of the catch on the lid to the clip?

Mine appears to be around 2mm.

Another issue you can check, does the battery lid, if you lift it up, does it move back and forth, as if it is loose. Mine does move a lot if I lift it to full open but if I hold it almost close and then move it, the movement is slight. It may be that your lid is able to slide back away from the clip cause it to open.

Just some ideas I got when looking at mine.

Good luck, I hope your are able to fix the issue, the VTR is a nice mod.

Can you let me have a look at it tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Sounds to me like the clip part on the latch part has worn and is rounded and doesn't lock in place. So if you maybe file the clip part it will lock again

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the help, Jaco is taking the VTR to @Rowan Francis today, so I'm sure all will be fine. You guys are all rely something special.

Back