wattage to ohms

camie

New Vaper
LV

Awards
hi i just have a question how can you work out or figure out
whats the recommended watts to ohms like
E.G (0.20 highest wattage 80watts (only using this as a example))

any information would help thanks

https://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Remember to use 3.7v for Voltage. when working in wattage alwayse work on a flat battery voltage as amperage increases on regulated mods when the battery drains.

If you enter the ohm, and other values it will calculate wattage but I find it veries greatly and there isn't really a wattage associate to a coil. The material, Coil type, Wicking, Airflow all plays a part in it.

I depends on the wire mass.

In general a simple round wire coil would heat up faster than a "fancy" coil and could run at lower Watt.

I depends on the wire mass.

In general a simple round wire coil would heat up faster than a "fancy" coil and could run at lower Watt.

Exactly yes. Mesh for instance on some tank have a 60 to 70 watt recommendation but Fires up very neatly on as little 45 to 50 watt.

Basically on regulated mods start low wattage and slowly increase until you find what works. most factory coils has a recommendation on the side that will tell you. start 10 watt below the recommendation and work it up till you find your vape.

The Ohm's Law defines the relationships between power (P), voltage (V or E), current (I) and resistance (R). One ohm is the resistance value through which one volt will maintain a current of one ampere.

Current (I) is what flows on a wire or conductor like water flowing down a river. Current flows from negative to positive on the surface of a conductor. Current is measured in amperes or amps (A).

Voltage (V or E) is the difference in electrical potential between two points in a circuit. It's the push or pressure behind current flow through a circuit, and is measured in volts (V).

Resistance (R) determines how much current will flow through a component. Resistors are used to control voltage and current levels. A very high resistance allows a small amount of current to flow. A very low resistance allows a large amount of current to flow. Resistance is measured in ohms.

Power (P) is the amount of current times the voltage level at a given point measured in wattage or watts (W).

V=P/I
R=V/I
Screenshot (23).jpg

Most regulated mods have a bypass mode. Put your mod in bypass mode, press button and see at what watts its running on screen for that coil you have in. Then go back to power mode and play around at that suggested wattage

The Ohm's Law defines the relationships between power (P), voltage (V or E), current (I) and resistance (R). One ohm is the resistance value through which one volt will maintain a current of one ampere.

Current (I) is what flows on a wire or conductor like water flowing down a river. Current flows from negative to positive on the surface of a conductor. Current is measured in amperes or amps (A).

Voltage (V or E) is the difference in electrical potential between two points in a circuit. It's the push or pressure behind current flow through a circuit, and is measured in volts (V).

Resistance (R) determines how much current will flow through a component. Resistors are used to control voltage and current levels. A very high resistance allows a small amount of current to flow. A very low resistance allows a large amount of current to flow. Resistance is measured in ohms.

Power (P) is the amount of current times the voltage level at a given point measured in wattage or watts (W).

V=P/I
R=V/I
View attachment 177021

Just a bit of useless information that will make absolutely zippy zap difference in anyone's lives. electricity flow from Negative to positive or (Electron flow) is actually a relatively new concept. initially the believe was that electricity flows from positive to negative (Conventional current)

Don't you feel great knowing that you just wasted 30 to 45 seconds of your life reading that... Your welcome ;-)

Hi @camie

To add to the above comments, what I have found on most mods is that the power you use tends to be quite close to the mech equivalent.

Using ohms law, Power=Vsquared/R. So assuming V=4 Volts for a battery , then your power is about 16/Resistance

So if you have a 0.5 ohm coil, you will probably be around 30-32 Watts.

As one of the commenters above said, it does depend on the coil type and mass - but I have found this rough rule of thumb to be quite applicable to my vaping when using regulated mods.

Sometimes, its lower or higher power - but this can give you a bit of a guideline.

Back