What Nic strength do you use?

What Nic strength do you use?

• higher

Results are only viewable after voting.
Almost a year since I cut down from 18mg to 12mg, don't think i'll be heading to the 9mg category anytime soon.
On the odd occasion in which I sub-ohm, i'll vape 6mg.
The throat hit on 12mg is too good :D

I’ve been vaping most juices at 3mg, and my tobaccos at 6mg. Having just recently kicked the stinkies (one month ago) of course, I find myself vaping a lot. That should have alerted me sooner to up the nic. :rolleyes:

Anyway, today I received a few juices from someone. One was Vape King’s Hazelnut Cigar at 12mg and...

I really like it! :D

That one was a winner for me.

I also received Vape King’s VK5 juice, 18mg. At that nic strength, I was literally taking one puff and then putting it down for a small break.. another puff, then putting it down and so on lol. My lungs were like “no way, we’re not doing this!”. So now I know, 12mg is my limit.

I think this was a great opportunity for me to experiment a little with different nic strengths. From this, I think I’m going to stick to 6mg, and 12mg for tobaccos. I’ll see how that goes.

I started at 6 then dropped to 3 within the first month or 2 (all on commercial juice) then got into DIY and have now dropped it to 2,5 - can't say I really noticed any difference so will probably drop it to 2 at some point and see how that goes.

18mg ftw :campeon2::pesas:

Started at 9 and now with DIY I'm down to 2, six months later. Still have 3 with commercial juices, but it is not a big difference. I think if I was to try 9 again I might just topple:confused:, timberrrrrr.......

I’ve been vaping most juices at 3mg, and my tobaccos at 6mg. Having just recently kicked the stinkies (one month ago) of course, I find myself vaping a lot. That should have alerted me sooner to up the nic. :rolleyes:

Anyway, today I received a few juices from someone. One was Vape King’s Hazelnut Cigar at 12mg and...

I really like it! :D

That one was a winner for me.

I also received Vape King’s VK5 juice, 18mg. At that nic strength, I was literally taking one puff and then putting it down for a small break.. another puff, then putting it down and so on lol. My lungs were like “no way, we’re not doing this!”. So now I know, 12mg is my limit.

I think this was a great opportunity for me to experiment a little with different nic strengths. From this, I think I’m going to stick to 6mg, and 12mg for tobaccos. I’ll see how that goes.

@Carnival I also find the higher nic more satisfying, but I'm trying to keep SOME of my juice at 3mg

Beware the nicotine stepladder - just one step up ... then another step up ...

I started vaping a few months ago with 3mg. Loved the flavours so much I thought I could alternate between zero and 3mg. Didn't work. l tried a 6mg and, like @Carnival, I found that satisfying. And then ... I bought a Gusto Mini which uses nicotine salts pods of 20mg nic! I loved the throat hit, but I could take only very light puffs. Now, about 2 months later, I'm used to it and I inhale much more deeply and for a longer time. Apparently nic salts are able to have a higher nic strength and still give a smooth vape, but the bottom line is that it's still 20mg!! Did I say that I want to cut down/cut out my nic? Fat chance!

Previous time I quit cigs, early 2012, I was vaping 18mg and that was just enough to comfortably replace the cigs. Anything lower and I'd be wanting to smoke again.

Then I went back to cigs in late 2014, when serious life problems hit.

Had a stroke jan this year, so started vaping again. Took me a while to sort out nic level to replace cigs, started on 12mg and got hit hard. Worrying about the stroke I had to try to find a comfortable level from the bottom, and ended up at 6mg as sufficient to stop the nic craving without blowing whats left of my brain out.

@YeOldeOke I see you posted in 2016 and I'm curious as to what level of nic you're at now?

I don't really mind. I vape 0, 1, 2, 3. Whatever really. I'm not too fussy as long as I can inhale something.

I DIY, so my nic preference is not in the list. I vape at 4mg.

20mg Nic Salts - The best thing since sliced bread

I voted 3mg as that's my choice if buying juice but most of my DIY i do at 2mg apart from i always have some made up at 6mg for when i'm testing MTL tanks.

Started on 12mg and now I'm down to 6mg. Don't think I'll go down any time soon. 6mg is comfortable

Back