Why should I consider a Reo?

@MarkK i am more than happy to give it a go. i am not closed off to the possibilty of something better. so if there is something out there that you feel is worth trying .... then im game
I just want to sit and play with boxes lol :D
We will make notes of the outcome ;D I just think that you might enjoy your device at say 25w or 30w exactly ;D who knows lets experiment ;D

@Marzuq i will be there some time this morning and again later in the day towards 3 or 5

We will make notes of the outcome ;D I just think that you might enjoy your device at say 25w or 30w exactly ;D who knows lets experiment ;D

spot on bro. definitely makes the game more interesting. that is why we build our own coils. experiments with the different wire and cotton options. cos at heart we all want to build our own device. or at least the parts we can

but seriously tho. the experimentation and learning part is awesome.

I have to also tell you, I don't know why the guys over at Reo's don't pull their heads out of their butts and come up with something slightly more our time. They're doing exactly what ProVape did.

I'd kill for a regulated bottom feeding Reo with a sleek new modern design.
They have everything they need to do it.

@Marzuq i will be there some time this morning and again later in the day towards 3 or 5
@MarkK unfortunately i have to e at work. i also have class this evening. but i would definitely like to meet up sometime and see what your mod has to offer ;)

@MarkK, are your boxes bottom fed?

One of the things i enjoy most about my reos is that they are complicated when i want them to be, and simple/convenient when i want them to be.

I got fed up very quickly with commercial tanks. I found i spent more time trying to fix gurgles and pulling them apart than i actually vaped them. There was nothing more frustrating than putting in a new coil and a few minutes later, shoving tissues down the tank to clear out excess juice etc.

If im having a busy day, the reos just work! There's nothing to fiddle with, no issues. I just sqounk and vape when i want. Should i feel like messing around, i build new coils, rewick and test out the new build.

In regard to the changing of flavours, i don't find this too be too big of a hassle. If i previously had a fruity flavour in the one, ill just shove some tissue up the tube to remove any of the old liquid and just insert the new bottle. With my current setup on the two, i leave the one specifically for fruity flavours as its usually running a 1.1 ohm build while the other is setup with a sub ohm build for desserts and tobaccos.

I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the electronic mods but the important thing is it works for me. :rock:

Oh and lastly, it's an original mod. Taking that into consideration, it's price is not all that bad.

no no, its messy and I dont really want to clone the reo, its an awesome concept just does not work for me.

There are already 3 guys in CPT making their own bottom fed devices so i also dont want to follow their paths.

I literally just provide a really really solid power source that can go up and down to where ever you want your vape to be. Full control of the experience which seems to be far more satisfying.

These are all just my opinions and each person's vape style will decide what they need, I just feel that regulated devices can do every thing you will want or need through your vape journey ;)

no no, its messy and I dont really want to clone the reo, its an awesome concept just does not work for me.

There are already 3 guys in CPT making their own bottom fed devices so i also dont want to follow their paths.

I literally just provide a really really solid power source that can go up and down to where ever you want your vape to be. Full control of the experience which seems to be far more satisfying.

These are all just my opinions and each person's vape style will decide what they need, I just feel that regulated devices can do every thing you will want or need through your vape journey ;)

I hear you

But for me Id much rather take my bottom fed mechanical Reo as a workhorse than a regulated box and have to drip all day long.

I think a bottom fed regulated device is what could replace the Reo for me over time.

This is an interesting thread and it's pretty funny for me because the not so pro REO discussions were pretty much my thoughts exactly when @Andre first started telling me about the REO. I still look at my electronic mods and can't believe I use a mech mod instead of these fancy devices.. :)

Lol... I go round in circles on what I think I should get next.

I wish this thing was my ultimate vape

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410155809.184297.jpg

It's so freekin small and convenient. But the negatives far out way the convenience.

It's all about what you're willing to deal with versus the pros.

Sent via a NASA satellite which gathers my thoughts and relays them to the world

I hear you

But for me Id much rather take my bottom fed mechanical Reo as a workhorse than a regulated box and have to drip all day long.

I think a bottom fed regulated device is what could replace the Reo for me over time.

i totally agree @Silver. my only issue is battery drain on my reo. and i have a easy fix for that. i have more than one battery lol.
a bottom fed regulated REO is what will be perfect for me

I am sure it will replace the reo,
Power control makes your vape amazing

Dripping and carrying a bottle with you is not painfull though? You already carry replacement battery's, reo bottles with other flavours and you use toilet paper to clean between flavours.

I just open the 1 or 2 bottles i have with me, drip a little and thats that, yea you cant drip and drive, but there is also a yellow line on the side of the road if you need to add 5 drops :D

Dripping and carrying a bottle with you is not painfull though? You already carry replacement battery's, reo bottles with other flavours and you use toilet paper to clean between flavours.

I just open the 1 or 2 bottles i have with me, drip a little and thats that, yea you cant drip and drive, but there is also a yellow line on the side of the road if you need to add 5 drops :D

Lol, @MarkK
You are just one helluva patient person
I tell you what, you can drip, I will squonk ;-)

Dripping is a complete pain in the rear end for me... I never know how much to drip... and it's either too much or too little and man o man it's a messy exercise... that's why I like the BF dripper... squonk and then the excess drains back into the bottle. I hear all your arguments for regulated devices but to expect a plain dripper to be a device of choice... this is where you lose me completely.

OK @Rob Fisher I agree with that, Dripping can be messy and it did and still does piss me off from time to time!
Fully agree with that point, Although i must elaborate on it.

I no longer have that problem, it did take me a few months to kinda calibrate my drip style to not mess every where, but now i walk around with my device in my back pocket and i dont get leaked on.

It took a month or 2 but I am no longer an over dripper ;D I dont have any problems from dripping and i really enjoy the experience.
Been dripping all day for about 4 months or 5 months of my journey so far. dripping kept me off the stinks!

Never be afraid to try new things and change up your style!

It works for me and didn't cost me 2.5k to get started ;)

I'm a computer guy, and I love my gadgets more than most people. Like you, and likely many other Reonauts. I was very skeptical of all the hype around the Reo's. "They look like the simplest vaping device imaginable" I thought, And there's no way I would ever buy one over a more advanced electronic mod.

But thanks to @Andre and others, my curiosity was piqued. And when the opportunity came knocking I decided to step up. Let me tell you, paying almost R3k for a device that you've never even seen in real life is pretty daunting. I can still recall with vivid clarity, the moment I took the first vape on my new Reo mini. I was so nervous. I really was expecting to be let down, but let me tell you from that moment I became a convert.

The ease of owning a Reo is second to none, and having an original device that gets the job done all the time, every time is absolutely worth it.

I have had these toots and although the flavour is very unique and nice i do not crave for it. The REO is creamy, thats actually all i get from it ;) I get way more pronounced flavours off my dual coil setups, much broader pronounced profiles and i have the power to power them :D

Better flavour? On what set-up is this? I've also been there @MarkK. Never understood all these fan boys raving about a piece of crap. There's a reason why Reos are so popular. And if you think they are expensive, how much did your current setup/setups cost? And changing juice in a Reo is probably easier than any other device. I go through a lot more trouble than most guys here for changing juice. 20 sec rinse under warn tap water, dry, dry burn, new wick, screw in bottle and you're off. How long does it take to change juice in a dripper or tank system?

I have had these toots and although the flavour is very unique and nice i do not crave for it. The REO is creamy, thats actually all i get from it ;) I get way more pronounced flavours off my dual coil setups, much broader pronounced profiles and i have the power to power them :D

Accidentally drop yours into the pool and come back to me, Yes that happened to me yesterday while I was cleaning the pool. And guess what, after a few shakes she was good as new.

You see I know enough about electronics and software to know that they always fail sooner or later. And I want something that is bulletproof. Something that can take the knocks, not a device that malfunctions when you look at it funny.

Added to that, I can use any dripper on the Reo, and I do. You won't be able to take more than a 2 second hit on my Atomic I can promise you that. Unless you have lungs of steel.

Accidentally drop yours into the pool and come back to me, Yes that happened to me yesterday while I was cleaning the pool. And guess what, after a few shakes she was good as new.

You see I know enough about electronics and software to know that they always fail sooner or later. And I want something that is bulletproof. Something that can take the knocks, not a device that malfunctions when you look at it funny.

Added to that, I can use any dripper on the Reo, and I do. You won't be able to take more than a 2 second hit on my Atomic I can promise you that. Unless you have lungs of steel.

Which reo did you drop in the pool @Alex ?

Did you jump in like the Hoff to save her? :D

I have not tested to verify
But Yihie has told me the board is waterproof, thats what that black coating is all about on the SX.
Also the only electronics of the SX to fail was my fault ;) Not a single problem yet and im pretty sure all the other DIY guys will confirm the same :D

Not quite lungs of steel but its not about having lungs of steel.

Its about having my vape exactly as i want it :) VV/WW Devices give you so much more options on the vape experience :D

Back