Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200 - Review

I think this will be my last update...

DNA200 purring along like a kitten now.
(although still testing the battery charging thing - pretty sure its not the device).

So... the Aromamizer RDTA (velocity deck) that I got = garbage (imo).
Cant run single coil. Dual coil just isn't performing well with TC at the moment. I am pretty sure the wire TCR is somehow affected.

Popped a Ni200 single coil 3mm 7 wraps @0.1 ohm in my Subtank. Wicked with a scottish roll Jap cotton.
BOOOOYYYAAAAAA!!!
Heaven!
450F @60W. 80W level 2 boost for 0.5sec. wire TCR taken from steam-engine. Case analysis done myself. Battery CSV (LG browns) downloaded from ECF somewhere.
Good medium-warm vape. Decent vapour production. Outstanding flavour.

I might revisit the Aromamizer RDTA sometime this weekend if i get bored. Otherwise that will just be my new Kanthal tank from now on...

HAPPY VAPES!

Im running Aromamizer on the Rolo with Ti and TC.... best TC I've ever had... what wire were you using? SS Dna200 from SteamEngine is garbage, you need to adjust...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Im running Aromamizer on the Rolo with Ti and TC.... best TC I've ever had... what wire were you using? SS Dna200 from SteamEngine is garbage, you need to adjust...

Vapowire Pure Nickel (Ni200) 28ga.

The steam-engine curve for single coil is spot-on.
Dual coil from there shows same values, but the vape feels seriously cold, shitty, flavourless... (also, the stupid aromamizer keeps drying up on the wicks)

My goodness @WHeunis - that Rolo setup for the subtank mini sounds like a complicated NASA launch sequence....

450F @60W. 80W level 2 boost for 0.5sec. wire TCR taken from steam-engine. Case analysis done myself. Battery CSV (LG browns) downloaded from ECF somewhere.

This thing is freaking me out, I can't get it charged to 100% :mad:

I'm using a brand new set of Samsung 25Rs (the green ones). Initially I set them up in escribe using the calculator. I tried the whole weekend to get the Battery Analyser to run but it kept waiting for the batteries to become full. I eventually got it to run after and got a result of 24.599, a bit lower than the 27 something I had it set on. The thing has been charging since 1am and it's still sitting on 96% and sipping current at 0.1A. I'm charging the cells in the mod because it charges at 1A whereas my Nitecore D4 only charges at 325mA when more than 2 bays are used.

Anyone have any ideas?

I found the Efest LUC BLU6 did the same, it says full, mod says like 97%.
Charging them an extra 30 minutes in the D4, spot on 100% batteries.

I think this will be my last update...

DNA200 purring along like a kitten now.
(although still testing the battery charging thing - pretty sure its not the device).

So... the Aromamizer RDTA (velocity deck) that I got = garbage (imo).
Cant run single coil. Dual coil just isn't performing well with TC at the moment. I am pretty sure the wire TCR is somehow affected.

Popped a Ni200 single coil 3mm 7 wraps @0.1 ohm in my Subtank. Wicked with a scottish roll Jap cotton.
BOOOOYYYAAAAAA!!!
Heaven!
Good medium-warm vape. Decent vapour production. Outstanding flavour.

I might revisit the Aromamizer RDTA sometime this weekend if i get bored. Otherwise that will just be my new Kanthal tank from now on...

HAPPY VAPES!
horizontal.png

Try this build in the Aromamizer, and let the ends of the wick come down into the wick channels ( for nickel and Ti builds in tc mode )

So one coil running between the posts ? one pos and one neg ? then just wick down into the channels ?

Geez... sounds crazy. Maybe (just for the first time) manaully lowering the max volts by 10 or so mV so that it reads officially at 100% - my guess would be that they are acually fully charged (which you can check with a multimeter) but the mod thinks it can go a bit higher voltage than it actually is. Once youve run the battey analyzer it should be fine. Alternatively, download a profile for the 25Rs,at least for the first time vefore running the analyzer. I found a profile for my LG HE4's somewhere on the net...

I found the Efest LUC BLU6 did the same, it says full, mod says like 97%.
Charging them an extra 30 minutes in the D4, spot on 100% batteries.
So it seems that for now the only way to get these batteries charged fully will be to put them on the D4 for a day, sucks because I only have the one set :(

Geez... sounds crazy. Maybe (just for the first time) manaully lowering the max volts by 10 or so mV so that it reads officially at 100% - my guess would be that they are acually fully charged (which you can check with a multimeter) but the mod thinks it can go a bit higher voltage than it actually is. Once youve run the battey analyzer it should be fine. Alternatively, download a profile for the 25Rs,at least for the first time vefore running the analyzer. I found a profile for my LG HE4's somewhere on the net...

It is crazy, charging a set of batteries shouldn't be such a challenge. I do hope that there is an EScribe software update soon that will have better support for 18650s as it looks like it's aimed more at LiPo packs. It seems that the Reuleaux is way ahead of it's time :p

It is crazy, charging a set of batteries shouldn't be such a challenge. I do hope that there is an EScribe software update soon that will have better support for 18650s as it looks like it's aimed more at LiPo packs. It seems that the Reuleaux is way ahead of it's time :p
Not that my situation was yours... But i did have initial problems with my batteries and the Rolo.
The batteries kinda sorta needs to be married. I say kinda... Coz...
It gets a lil weird here, so heres my story:

Brought the Rolo with 3 new LG browns to marry for it.
Received, unboxed, installed, coiled, wicked, plugged in, download csv and run analyzers and all that happy horseshit.
Vaped.
Tweaked.
Vaped.
Tweaked.
And so on... (All while being plugged to pc).

Eventually noticed that the batteries really should be charging, but isnt. (Kept showing ~60% and never going up)
Checked high and low. Found the problem.
2 of the 3 batteries had gone full to 4.2v. The last battery was still at 3.88v.
I thought it was odd, so i kept watch on the device monitor.
As yours, it was just lightly pulling 0.1a from the usb. But never charging that last battery.
Thought the mod or that one battery was bust. Nope!

Solution at the end was to take out the lowcharge battery and charge it full in another device. ( used my old evic supreme, as it has some level of smart charge where you can set the mah).

Put the married batts back into Rolo, vaped em down, and recharged in Rolo via usb.
Everything was fine.

Im saying: Rolo wants already married batteries, it doesnt wanna do the marriage itself...
Try making 100% sure that all 3 batteries are charged (or discharged) to as close as exactly the same level before installing to Rolo.

Hope this helps.

Not that my situation was yours... But i did have initial problems with my batteries and the Rolo.
The batteries kinda sorta needs to be married. I say kinda... Coz...
It gets a lil weird here, so heres my story:

Brought the Rolo with 3 new LG browns to marry for it.
Received, unboxed, installed, coiled, wicked, plugged in, download csv and run analyzers and all that happy horseshit.
Vaped.
Tweaked.
Vaped.
Tweaked.
And so on... (All while being plugged to pc).

Eventually noticed that the batteries really should be charging, but isnt. (Kept showing ~60% and never going up)
Checked high and low. Found the problem.
2 of the 3 batteries had gone full to 4.2v. The last battery was still at 3.88v.
I thought it was odd, so i kept watch on the device monitor.
As yours, it was just lightly pulling 0.1a from the usb. But never charging that last battery.
Thought the mod or that one battery was bust. Nope!

Solution at the end was to take out the lowcharge battery and charge it full in another device. ( used my old evic supreme, as it has some level of smart charge where you can set the mah).

Put the married batts back into Rolo, vaped em down, and recharged in Rolo via usb.
Everything was fine.

Im saying: Rolo wants already married batteries, it doesnt wanna do the marriage itself...
Try making 100% sure that all 3 batteries are charged (or discharged) to as close as exactly the same level before installing to Rolo.

Hope this helps.
OK, I hear you. I also got a set of new batteries with the mod but I did their initial charge on the D4. When these are run down again I will charge them up in the mod again and then check their individual voltages on the D4, I'll wing it from there.

Screen ribbon successfully rerouted. Added liquid tape to keep it in place and protected.
Now fire button is far away from almost touching it again!
Worth it to save a failing ribbon that can short the board out.
Remove 4 screws inside battery sled, front panel pops off. You lift the screen part closest to ribbon, change ribbon loop from outwards to inwards, fixed!

Screen ribbon successfully rerouted. Added liquid tape to keep it in place and protected.
Now fire button is far away from almost touching it again!
Worth it to save a failing ribbon that can short the board out.
Remove 4 screws inside battery sled, front panel pops off. You lift the screen part closest to ribbon, change ribbon loop from outwards to inwards, fixed!

Sorted mine out a few minutes ago.
Thanks for this!

Right... so I've had the Rolo for almost two weeks now. Will still wait to write a formal review and TCR guide (working on it, don't want to give away useless info)...

...but enough time has passed that I can now say, honestly, that this is my all-day mod. Hell, all my other mods are practically gathering dust, and I only use them for certain occasions (stealth-vaping, pocket-vape, rolo-is-charging-vape).

All my atty's have been fully configured to my liking, and I don't bother with them. At all. I don't even change wattages/temps any more - which was something I used to do all the time. I literally just pick up and vape, refill/drip, vape again. Across all range of juices. It just works. I've also started to enjoy SS for TC for the first time - was rubbish on other devices, in my opinion (used to destroy/melt/ruin it too easily on non-TC devices, and didn't get proper forget-about-it vape on Smok XCube2).

I still use other devices for recreational cloud-blowing (with high SA/Clapton Kanthal builds), because of no way to adjust the ramp-up power on the Rolo... but quite honestly, these don't figure in my daily rotation. As a result I don't really use even half of the 200 Watts output, except for the ramp-up power on a Ti Aromamizer (@120 W). I average to about 60-90 Watt... and would therefore actually love a Reuleaux mini or something of the sorts.

I would really love some thoughts on how the RX200 compares though... but for anybody on the fence, this is really a great buy. Still not sure whether it is truly worth all that money, and how the price will change once more DNA200 boards hit the market/classifieds... but oh well.

Here's my charging time with a set of Samsung 25R (green) batteries. I set the cut off in escribe to 3.0v but I think I'm going to set it to 3.2v from here on as the device becomes practically unusable with these batteries below 3.2v unless you're happy with a max of 20w.

I checked the batteries on the Nitecore D4 before charging the set of 3 in the Mod, they all read 3.06v. Started charging yesterday at 14:30 using an iPhone usb charger (2A), the mod draws only 1A from it. at around 23:00 the were at 95% and the mod had reduced its current draw to 0.15A, by 2:30 (12 hours charging) this morning they were at 97%. The full set had reached 100% by 11:00 this morning.

Now I'm checking the batteries on the D4 and they read 4.07v :flushed:

Is it just me or doesn't this sound right?

Here's my charging time with a set of Samsung 25R (green) batteries. I set the cut off in escribe to 3.0v but I think I'm going to set it to 3.2v from here on as the device becomes practically unusable with these batteries below 3.2v unless you're happy with a max of 20w.

I checked the batteries on the Nitecore D4 before charging the set of 3 in the Mod, they all read 3.06v. Started charging yesterday at 14:30 using an iPhone usb charger (2A), the mod draws only 1A from it. at around 23:00 the were at 95% and the mod had reduced its current draw to 0.15A, by 2:30 (12 hours charging) this morning they were at 97%. The full set had reached 100% by 11:00 this morning.

Now I'm checking the batteries on the D4 and they read 4.07v :flushed:

Is it just me or doesn't this sound right?

You're right, it doesn't sound right - your mod's on board charging circuitry is not working properly.

You're right, it doesn't sound right - your mod's on board charging circuitry is not working properly.
Could it not just be a case of the battery profile not being set up properly?

Could it not just be a case of the battery profile not being set up properly?

Don't know, I answered just from the facts you provided. Don't know the Reuleaux DNA 200 device and that the battery profile can be set, if that's the case, then that will be my starting point of investigation.

Will anyone be doing a review on the Rx200?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys and girls we must just take a minute or two and just think about what device won the cloud blowing companion this year. I am sorry to say this but even with a monster build on the rolo the ramp up time is like 00000000.1sec no jokes

Back