Wismec Reuleaux DNA 200 - Review

Guys and girls we must just take a minute or two and just think about what device won the cloud blowing companion this year. I am sorry to say this but even with a monster build on the rolo the ramp up time is like 00000000.1sec no jokes

this is the information I'm after. Are you saying the ramp up time is somehow slow? And is the RX version better in this regard or the same?

Its surprisingly quick, in power mode. In TC mode you can control the exact ramp up, up to 200 w...

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

When I hit the power button its instant even when the load up screen starts up its firing

@DoubleD you have enough mods.
This is your voice of reason speaking from the depths below because your voice of reason is also wanting to get a rolo. :D

Any problems on the Rx?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude value for money that rx wipes every 200w mod out there clean

@Alex I'm sorry find this very hard to believe. I'm not say this it is not possible iv heard about I phones exploding.I have learnt any thing with a battery in it needs to be dealt with respect

@Alex I'm sorry find this very hard to believe. I'm not say this it is not possible iv heard about I phones exploding.I have learnt any thing with a battery in it needs to be dealt with respect

Perhaps, but it doesn't hurt to be more cautious. And reading through the comments was pretty interesting in terms of reverse battery protection.

The injury looks to me like a high voltage blow not something from a mod.
How does the outside of the fingers get damaged if hes holding the mod?
Its instinct to pull your hand away from something venting about to explode.( sposed to have been an innocent bystander)
...and finally, it happened in a vape shop that doesnt stock the rx200 and doesnt know anything about them...really?

I wonder what caused it? I suspect a bad battery maybe.

*cough*efest2800/2900*cough* :rolleyes:

Perhaps, but it doesn't hurt to be more cautious. And reading through the comments was pretty interesting in terms of reverse battery protection.

Yes I read through most of them and most are saying either he put one of the batteries the wrong way round or he had a torn battery wrap.

Alot of people already commented that they have themselves placed batteries in the wrong way round and said nothing happened apart from a warning on the screen.

The torn battery wrap thing doesn't make sense to me because what created the short if all he did was remove the back plate?

Last edited:
I wonder what caused it? I suspect a bad battery maybe.

*cough*efest2800/2900*cough* :rolleyes:

Yes I read through most of them and most are saying either he put one of the batteries the wrong way round or he had a torn battery wrap.

Alot of people already commented that they have themselves placed batteries in the wrong way round and said nothing happened apart from a warning on the screen.

The torn battery wrap thing doesn't make sense to me because what created the short if all he did was remove the back plate?

I guess the moral of the story here is always handle batteries with kid gloves, so to speak. I've have first hand experience with accidentally inserting one of the batteries the wrong way in a parallel box mod of mine. It was a very scary moment, instant flames (and I do mean instant) and tremendous amounts of heat, the solder joints melted instantly. All the guys around the table scattered so fast, it was like a grenade landed in the fox hole and everyone jumped for cover. Luckily I was able to bump the batteries out just in time.

I guess the moral of the story here is always handle batteries with kid gloves, so to speak. I've have first hand experience with accidentally inserting one of the batteries the wrong way in a parallel box mod of mine. It was a very scary moment, instant flames (and I do mean instant) and tremendous amounts of heat, the solder joints melted instantly. All the guys around the table scattered so fast, it was like a grenade landed in the fox hole and everyone jumped for cover. Luckily I was able to bump the batteries out just in time.
Jip, and the more batteries in the mod, the more caution is required.

I remember that time @Alex !

So true, we need to treat batteries with a lot of care

Yep, battery safety, hence the big card insert in the box that everyone chucks aside immediately. It would be interesting to have all the facts on battery capacity, condition, age and whether they were paired or not. My hunch is one of the above was not met with what is required.

It was an RX200 as far as I know, which does not seem to have the reverse battery protection lip for the positive end that the DNA-200 battery sled has:
Reuleaux_13.jpg Rx200_05.jpg

People think that you are joking when you say that torn or damaged wraps is a no-no. The fact that the sled is non-metallic also fools them into a false sense that things cannot short out inside the mod.

@DoubleD , if the batteries are effectively wired in serial, it means that two of them touching on bared negative ends creates an immediate short between the positive pin of another battery connected to the bared body. If this is across any 2 batteries, the discharge current will be higher than just a single cell, and both will likely vent almost immediately. I would be very surprised if the batteries are not fused individually. Even homebrew parallel box mods samples show you to individually fuse the batteries.

Can anyone with either Rolo enlighten me as to what figure the manual states with regards to the discharge rate for 'High Rate' batteries ? I see the site mentions 'such as Sony US18650VTC4' for the DNA-200, which is 30A according to the manufacturer CDR but 20A per Mooch's list. In fact, there is no 2500mAh battery on the list that makes a 'Pass' rating above 20A, except for the Tesiyi Yellow 2600mAh.
The RX200 page says 'Three 18650 cells (discharging current should be above 25A'.

I am using Samsung 25r in my rx200 and no problems but I don't vape above 100w yet. I rarely exceed 75w.

Not sure but it should have reverse polarity protection but in all honesty I am very careful when swapping my 2 sets of married batteries. I use lipos in my rc helicopter so safety first always.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this, you're helping me confirm that I don't need an overpriced dna200 chip in my mod. i'll get that rx200 someday soon next year. @ComplexChaos is selling their rx200's for R1050! Which is fantastic, so it should only set me back 1710 including three batteries :D
:cantwait:

I have one, its a great mod. feels really good in the hand, epic battery life.

I guess it depends on what amount of cash is willing to be parted with but i would go for the dna instead of the rx 200.
@SAVapeGear has 3 left and he has thrown in a free uwell crown tank into the deal.
Aaand you are right, just realised that this is the DNA thread:oops:. I`m still recovering from my afternoon buffet lunch at Adega:snooze:

I really really want a bf mod with a dna 200 chip. :D

Back