Witchers Brew - Juice Reviews

Who ordered Level 1 Elixir? Any takers for a review on the non tobacco flavor?

Will be giving it a vape this week. Will have to, Devils Cut and Blackbird bottles are half way already:-(. And then I still have to get into the Vape Craving, and now there is Tark's on the way!

Would like to hear what others think about these flavours.

@Rob Fisher , I wonder if different types of wick work better with different types of juices/flavours? I am also with the crowd that prefers silica type wicks. Flavours come through cleaner for me with silica.

@Rob Fisher , I wonder if different types of wick work better with different types of juices/flavours? I am also with the crowd that prefers silica type wicks. Flavours come through cleaner for me with silica.

Ahem......still waiting on your review of Boba's....:D

HA! You know I like it @RezaD ! A bit weird for me as a supplier and manufacturer of juice to review another brand :blush:

We are totally hijacking this thread now :lipssealed:

Yip you may well be right... I can say with great authority that VM Menthol Ice is better on Cotton and ReadyXwick than Silica. ;)

But I think I should try Silica again because I really only tried it back in the early days when I first started making my own coils and wicks... like just over 2 months ago! :rock:

One thing I have learnt is to pay attention to guys like you and Andre when it comes to Vaping.

Yes! Vape mail from Spain incoming. Witchers Blackbird and Level 1 just ordered. Want to know. And I like the bottle design :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

Yes! Vape mail from Spain incoming. Witchers Blackbird and Level 1 just ordered. Want to know. And I like the bottle design :)

I should open my doors to Europe. I have a lot of traffic from up North.

I should open my doors to Europe. I have a lot of traffic from up North.
I was considering to take a chance with a delivery from you. But inside EU its easier to get it. I will juay wait for a business trip to SA again.

I was considering to take a chance with a delivery from you. But inside EU its easier to get it. I will juay wait for a business trip to SA again.

What did you pay there?

Yip. 5 pawns is 28 euros. Juices are expensive here.

But cigs cost also 5 bucks a pack....so the cost of juice is still competitive :)

Not going to do a review as its been done already much better than I can even try to imagine.

WB Blackbird: If you loved good quality cigars in your past stinky life, its definitely for you.
WB Devils Cut: If you enjoyed diy mixing and smoking a mellow semi-sweet pipe tobacco, get yourself some.

Both awesome and well worth the price, but that's just my opinion.

Not going to do a review as its been done already much better than I can even try to imagine.

WB Blackbird: If you loved good quality cigars in your past stinky life, its definitely for you.
WB Devils Cut: If you enjoyed diy mixing and smoking a mellow semi-sweet pipe tobacco, get yourself some.

Both awesome and well worth the price, but that's just my opinion.

I ordered myself some of the 12mg of Blackbird....Cannot wait :D Thanks for the straightforward opinion on the Juices @johan, shmaaak it boet:rock:

WEW77H8.jpg

Head to head - Blackbird vs Devil's Cut (18 mg). Both Aquas at 0.6 ohm dual coils, wicked with Ekowool. On Launcher V2 mechs.

Blackbird: Yes, a good quality mild cigar on the inhale with a light and sugared cognac on the exhale, which linger on the tip of the tongue for some time. The cognac liqueur also manifests for me as a very slight muskiness, which seems to increase the lower the resistance goes (also tried Blackbird at 0.5 ohms on a single coil). Have an idea the musky will not be noticeable from around 0.7 ohms. Not and ADV for me, but for special occasions. More refined taste than Devil's Cut.

Devil's Cut: A mild and satisfying pipe tobacco on both the inhale and the exhale, but combined with some banana on the exhale. Less sweet than I expected and not cloying at all on the aftertaste. The balance of the banana is just perfect for me - compliments and does not take over the juice. More robust than Blackbird for me. Both give good throat hit (and vapour), with the Devil's Cut a close winner on the throat hit. This I can vape more regularly than Blackbird, but still a tad too sweet as an ADV for my taste.

The winner on my taste buds is Devil's Cut. Not sure I like the slight muskiness on Blackbird.

Both these juices are master class and well worth investing in.

NOTE: Increased the nicotine on the Devil's Cut from 12 mg to 18 mg with 2.1 ml of 100 mg PG nic.

Hi all

This is the first of my Witchers Brew reviews. It is of their Blackbird flavour. Witchers Brew is a US based premium juice manufacturer. I bought it from SubOhmVapor, a locally based supplier of premium international juices. Blackbird costs R250 for 30ml. Not cheap at R8.33 per ml but not as expensive as Five Pawns (R11.67/ml). The juice is 50/50 PG/VG and I got the 18mg strength.

I have been vaping Blackbird for about two weeks - to give it the time it deserves. Here goes...

Witchers Brew - BLACKBIRD (18mg)

Bottom line - this is a mild milky and creamy tobacco that grew on me over time. It is a high quality juice and has a warmness that draws me back for more. I like it a lot and will re-order.

The liquid is medium-coloured and smells good. Quite a unique smell. Tobaccoey and sweet, not too strong.

Blackbird has quite a unique taste. It's like a milky creamy tobacco. The milkiness reminds me of those small soft milk bottle sweets I ate as a child. The tobacco is there prominently but its not overpowering - rather well mixed with the other flavours. There is a slight caramel and toffee sort of taste too. Definitely a high quality complex juice with multiple flavours. Keeps one intrigued and guessing. I also get an ever so slight coffee type of aroma in the vapour occasionally. Could be my coffee imagination ;-)

The flavours are not overpowering - it's rather mild - but in a pleasing way. I commend these guys for getting it mild yet flavoursome. (in my view, one of the hallmarks of an all day vape.) Other juices that are mildly flavoured can leave me wanting a bit more flavour. This one is satisfying.

The throat hit is satisfactory for me. I'd say it's medium for 18mg. A healthy punch but not knock me out. Good for ongoing vaping.

I would say this juice is on the sweetish side - but the tobacco rounds it out - reducing the sweetness. It's not too sweet. The vape is warm and creamy, not cool or minty. It is very tasty. It is natural tasting - no strange artificial tastes here. It is of medium dryness. The sweeter flavours make it wetter but the tobacco dries it. It's a good balance. This juice has a smooth texture and vapes very well.

The aftertaste is pleasant with the tobacco more prominent. It sometimes leaves slight tingles in my mouth.

Interestingly, I grew to like this juice over time. When I vaped it initially - my reaction was "It's nice, but not amazing". As I vaped it more and more it became more interesting and I noticed more of its flavours. Now I like it a lot. It has a warmness to it that draws me back for more. So give it a chance and some time.

From its name I thought Blackbird would be a no-nonsense hard hitting tobacco - but it's not that at all. Its a softer warmer creamy type of vape. I was surprised but in no way disappointed. It's great.

There aren't any major negatives I can think of for the juice itself.

I enjoyed vaping this at all times of the day. It's fine for first thing in the morning, nicotine quenching during the day and even as an after dinner treat, given its warmness.

I only vaped this in the REO/RM2. I tried para-coils and single coils ranging from 0.7 to 1.0 ohms. They were all good but I loved it at 0.9 ohms on a simple single microcoil. I found the flavour got a bit too "sharp" for me at 0.7 ohms and preferred the slightly richer and more rounded flavour at 0.9 ohms. This translates to about 20 Watts on a fresh battery.

Is it the best juice I've ever tried? No, but its definitely in my top few. I think this juice will likely hover around in my rotation for some time to come.

WB Blackbird REOs background.jpg

Packaging:
- full marks for originality! With a real cork instead of a plastic screw cap. String - and a skull! Very unique.
- however, in my view, not the best for practicality. The cork was difficult to open - I had to use a long-nose pliers to grip it firmly and rotate it slightly to loosen it. Using the cork is okay but each time you open it, there is a tendency for juice to drip down the cork. So not good from a wastage point of view.
- you will need a pipette or syringe to transfer the juice to your device. And when the cork is off, be very careful you don't knock over the bottle and spill all your juice.
- glass bottle is good
- the bottle is labelled quite well. The name is easily visible, the nic strength is marked on the back. But the PG/VG ratio is missing.
- overall I am not complaining given the amazing originality

Equipment used:
- REO Grand/RM2 with 0.9 ohm coil - cotton wick - (15 to 20 Watts, depending on battery level)

Last edited:
Hi Hi you are a class act! I wish I could dissect a flavour like you do! These kind of reviews should go into a separate thread with no other postings around them. :)

now I am looking fwd to the Blackbird @Silver ....spanish mail seems slow, still waiting for it

Back