Wonder Flavours (WF) Concentrate Reviews

S’mores cupcake

Mix 5%
70/30
1.5mg
0.4 Clapton
Hadaly
12 day steep

Chocolate chocolate and more chocolate. Not a milky chocolate but a dark rich 70% cocoa monster.
This is a mix of Lindt 70 and Hershey syrup.
The marshmallow and cake play very minor but vital roles. The whole thing tastes gooey and sticky. It has a slight bitter aftertaste from the cocoa. I absolutely love this flavour, as soon as you open the bottle, the velvet glossy smell overrides everything.

Off notes

Slight bitter aftertaste.

Pairings

This works as a stand-alone but yellow cake or graham cracker clear will bulk it.
Hazelnut
Marzipan or almond
Glazed doughnut
Vbic for a choc sundae
Roasted peanut

5% stand-alone
3.5% mix

Great reviews guys
Wow!

*Disclaimer* These concentrates were provided free of charge for the purpose of review by The Flavour Mill.

WF SUMMERTIME LEMONADE

Mixed At: 3 - 7% in 60/40 VG/PG
Tested On: Cyclops RDA, 0.4 Ohms, 30W and Griffin RTA 0.4ohms 30w
Steeped: 12 Days

NOTES:

I love this stuff. It is probably called "Summertime" Lemonade, because it's a sweetish Lemonade. Thankfully you do get somewhat realistic tart Lemon notes on the inhale. Almost as if you bit into the flesh of a Lemon, but then the sweetness sets in.

This is an extremely well balanced flavour, unlike many Lemonades I have tasted. If there is no sweetness, then its Lemon Juice, manufacturers ;). This tastes as if you started with squeezed Lemon Juice, diluted it and added some sugar. Very refreshing and delicious.

Mouthfeel is what to expect from fruits - not the thickest, so if you want thickness, up the VG. Surprisingly, throat hit is very little, even at 60VG. Fruits usually give a fair amount of throat-hit, especially citrus. Not this beauty.

USES: I would easily use this as a single-flavour. Refreshing, sweet and tart. Easily an ADV. Of coarse Pink Lemonade comes to mind. This is a perfect start to go anywhere in the Lemonade realm.

I added 0.3% of INW Lime and 0.3% INW Lemon (both very strong concentrates) for my 100mls refill. The only reason I did so, was amplify the WF Summertime Lemonade's flavour notes. And to make myself feel fancy, not making just a single-flavour juice :).

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: Spot on at 6% at 60VG for a single flavour. I would probably go 6.5-7% for 70VG. 5% if you like very lightly-flavoured juices. At 3%, I found it a tad weak as an accent. I would probably start at 4% for an accent flavour.

OVERALL: I have found my Lemonade of choice.

Last edited:
*Disclaimer* These concentrates were provided free of charge for the purpose of review by The Flavour Mill.

WF APPLE CIDER

Mixed At: 5 - 7% in 60/40 VG/PG

NOTES:

I quite like the Cider. It is definitely nice, semi-sweet fermented Apples (or whatever they do to make Cider), that gives you a nice "round" inhale. And it won't be mistaken as just an Apple, thanks to that sharp, fizz finish. Not fully carbonated, but definitely a little fizz on the finish. Could use a little more of a carbonated feel.

It is not the thickest-feeling juice and not the most complex, but it delivers what I expect from a Cider. There is no alcoholic taste, and a bit of warm spices on the end. The longer you let it stand the more the spice comes out.

I wouldn't exactly say this is a Craft Belgian Cider, more a simple cider - but I am fan.

USES: The lazy mixer in me would use as a single-flavour. But for a more complex Cider, I would add some Yellow Apple, a touch more spice, some FA Amber and some Champagne for a more carbonated finish.

I also have a feeling it would pair well with Jelly Candy, at small percentages. For a somewhat fizzy apple accent.

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: 5% at 60VG was a bit light and the Apple fades a bit. I would probably go 6 -8% depending on VG level.

OVERALL: A solid, pleasant flavour and true to what it is. Just not the most complex.

Last edited:
WF Almond cookie SC

Mixed 2%
70/30
1.5mg
0.4 Clapton
Hadaly
12 day steep

WF recommends a mix of 1.2% but I got very little flavour distinction at that quantity.

Increased to 2%.
Initial hit is of a very crispy cookie with marzipan.
The cookie is buttery, slightly sugary. The almond doesn’t come through as a crunchy roasted nut but more of a marzipan paste and even then it is extremely subtle. The flavour is very linear, no surprises. There are a lot of holes in this profile. That is not the end of the world though, all it means is it’s not a stand-alone but rather a building block.
The cookie part is the highlight, it reminds me of the old sugar cookies my gran made, slightly burnt around the edges.

There are no off notes but no threat either of unseating Cap SCv1 either.

Pairings

Will work in most bakeries, needs a lot of help tho. Almond, SC, strawberry ripe will all help.

Overall

Not terrible but insipid. There are better offerings available for a main profile but can play a supporting role.

WF LIME

Mixed At: 1% - 2% in 60/40 VG/PG

NOTES:

I'm a little halfway in the road with this one. It is a sweet Lime - I would say like a Key Lime. There is not much in the way of tart here, but it is still pleasant.

The only problem I have with it is that is does not seem to work as an accent flavour. At 60VG, the first time I found the Lime in it was at 2%. Before the mark, I got citrus harshness, but it could've been any citrus.

At 2% finally that pleasant sweet key-lime like flavour comes out and the harshness fades. Not bad, quite pleasant, but not all that special.

USES: As said, it only seems to shine when you get to the correct percentage, so it would have to be the primary Citrus flavour, or you will miss the bus. I can see this working well with creams or in bakery juices where you are looking for a sweet Lime. On its own it is fairly linear, and for me personally, I would want some tart with the sweet to go solo.

I can't see it working as an accent flavour as the Lime seems to hide till you hit the spot.

RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE %: 1% is too light. 1.5% - 2.5% depending on your VG.

OVERALL: A nice sweet Key Lime flavour if used as the primary citrus.

WF Buttercream Frosting SC
I was expecting a very prominent butter note from this, but what I really get is a lot more of a very rich icing flavour. I've used this flavouring effectively to emulate the frosting on top of a cake, this can also be paired with a donut to create much better glazed donut. This is the white icing that you will find between cakes, it will need some help with another cream to thicken it out and add some buttery flavours. This is a great flavour and does create a very good underlying cream flavour when added with strawberries or blueberry.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Fruits, Tobacco.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 3%
Mixed: 1% - 2%
Rating:
4.5/5

WF Shortbread Cookies SC
I was hoping for a very thick, texture full cookie, i just didn't get it with this, it's not a bad flavoring at all though, its reminiscent of FA Cookie with more creamy and buttery notes, it benefits from adding AP so that you get that texture, add in FLV Custard as well and you will have a warm thick rich Shortbread Cookie. I do like this flavour and have found use warming up bakeries or adding extra cookie notes to a custard. If you do like your cookie flavours then this is a definite one to add to your arsenal.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Fruits, Caramels.
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 0.5% - 2%
Rating:
4/5

WF Sugar Cone SC
This is a very bright, wafer cone flavour accented by hazelnuts, if I can explain this flavour in a real world example, it would be a very thin crispy wafer flavour with light syrup notes and crushed hazelnuts. I have used this flavour in place of INW biscuit for a cone flavour in a strawberry ice cream cone recipe. This flavour can also be used to add crispy cookie notes in desserts. This flavour will need help if you want to thicken it up, FA Cookie usually works well as a blank canvas for this flavour to sit on top, it will create a very authentic sugar cookie flavour, add a bit of chocolate and you can get a great chocolate chip sugar cookie.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 4%
Mixed: 1% - 3%
Rating:
4/5

WF Sour Ball Candy
This flavour has no sour flavours, so it doesn't stick to what they are trying to go for, it does have a hard candy/jawbreaker flavour but its very light in flavour and if you were hoping to create a sour vape, this isn't going to work, what is lacking from this flavour is some sort of sharp citrus, this will really help the flavour, CAP Lemon Lime or CAP Lemon Sicily will help in this area, tart flavours are the only way to really emulate a sour vape. I do not recommend using this flavour solo, and its really not a great flavour to use in a mix because its very light
Off Notes:
It does have a light salt note to it, sort of like saline, but I usually get that flavour from Malic acid, so it might just be me.
Pairings:
Fruits, Menthol, WS-23, Candies.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 1.5%
Mixed: 0.25% - 1%
Rating:
1.5/5

WF Walnut SC
This is a very sweet nut type flavour, its not exactly an authentic walnut flavour, but it works great as a sweet fatty almond flavour. This flavour works best when used with a cream, it creates a great almond milk flavour and helps create the malty diary notes. This flavour makes a great accent to most creams, it can also be used to create a decent almond pound cake and imparts a sweetness to the flavour.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Caramels, Fruit and Tobaccos.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 2%
Rating:
3/5

WF Glazed Donut SC
This a glazed donut with a lot more focus on the gazed part of the donut, it does have a very light aspect of donut, but not enough to be used solo as a donut flavour. Using this flavour with CAP Funnel Cake really helps sell this flavour as a glazed donut. Adding JF Strawberry Sweet helps create a strawberry syrup glazed donut. This flavour doesn't have any of the off notes that are usually accompanied by other donuts, zero play-dough flavour to this one.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 2% - 2.75%
Rating:
3.75/5

WF Frozen Yogurt
This is a very sweet cream, its not really a yogurt because its missing any form of a sour note that yu get with yogurts, this reminds me a lot more of a gogurt base or the frozen yogurt from marcels. If you were hoping to get any form of a cooling sensation, it is lacking, but FA Polar Ice helps create a solid Frozen yogurt base, I have added HS Caramel Toffee with this base to create a English toffee flavour. This is definitely a cream that should be backed up if you are looking at creating any really world frozen yogurt recipes.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Fruits.
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 1% - 3%
Rating:
4/5

WF Crispy Coffee SC
It would appear coffee may be harder a flavour than chocolates, This one was supposed to be a wafer coffee flavour. Unfortunately this flavour just has the very overwhelming skunky notes and its hard to get past. I have tried watering this one right down but the skunky coffee note really breaks this flavour apart. I have tried my best to salvage this with heavy cream and sweetener but unfortunately the skunky notes over power completely.
Off Notes:
Skunky Coffee
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custard, Nuts, Caramels.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 3% (please don't)
Mixed: 0.1% - 0.6% (still no lukc at this percentage but the skunky notes are weaker)
Rating:
0/5

WF Strawberry Milk SC
This isn't really a strawberry milk like nesquick, this also have a very sour milk base to it, also it has a very weird strawberry note that doesn't work well with palate. This flavour isn't entirely useful, it helps to add a syrupy strawberry like RF Strawberry SC, this helps create a more candied strawberry, unfortunately that's where the usefulness f this flavour stops. I have tried using it in ice creams, or even bakeries to create a strawberry base, this didn't work very well at all.
Off Notes:
Sour milk notes and a very weird strawberry flavour,
Pairings:
Creams, Custard, Fruits.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 4%
Rating:
2.5/5

WF Peanut Brittle SC

Mixed at 3.5%
As above

I had massive hopes for this one as it’s been a pet project of mine for a long while, so I know it’s a tough profile to nail down.

Initial taste is of peanut but not a salty, well roasted nut but more of a raw peanut taste. Instead of a crunch, it’s very much a paste. It’s not very pleasant.
There is a slight sweetness that come through afterwards but it’s an afterthought. I looked for the burnt syrupy goodness that is a prerequisite of a good peanut brittle but it’s just not there. This is similar to Nut mix.
It has a waxy mouth feel that adds to the raw nut experience.

Off notes

It just doesn’t nail the profile, it’s like a poor mans AP.

Pairings

Peanut butter
Chocolate
Salted caramel

Overall

This is not something I’d personally use. Maybe in a mix at 1.5% it could give that background peanut note to a better version.

WF Honey roasted Peanuts SC

Mixed at 2.5%
As above

As with peanut brittle, I had fingers crossed for this profile as there is nothing available on the diy market that fills this gap and I refuse to buy commercial sweetened crap.

First flavour note is honey. It’s a very authentic honey without the sugar. It reminds me of the white creamy whipped honey, very smooth texture on the tongue.
Honey roasted implies that there would be a dark bitterness but I can’t pick up any roasted flavour notes.
The peanut is the same as in their peanut brittle, it’s a weak, thin offering. The nut tastes raw and paste like with a bitter aftertaste. The two flavour blend but don’t compliment each other at all, it tastes like just a simple honey n raw nut combo.

Off notes

No honey roasted bitterness but unfortunately peanut bitterness.
Honey is not the sweet type you find on those almond snack packets but rather an over worked cream.

Pairings

This needs a fair bit of help, I’d mix with a good peanut butter to give it body and even some SS at 0.5%.
Cereal27 for a Frosted Flakes type combo.
Bakery, some cookie dough to take the edge off the honey n fatten it up.
Should compliment a tobacco.
Cinnamon bun or any spiced sweet bakery, the sweetness of this will help.

Overall

Not at all viable as a stand-alone, flavours don’t blend so would be a struggle to build off of.

WF Roasted Pecan and Cream

Mix at 7%
As above

WF recommends mixing this at 4.5% but I didn’t get clear flavours in that range but a bit of a mishmash. I hound pecan became cleared at 7% but be warned, it’s a coil killer.

The pecan shines through on this, it’s similar to the taste in your mouth AFTER you’ve eaten one, that lingering pecan flavour. The roasted flavour is good, more toasted than roasted ie warmed through as opposed to caramelized.
The cream is very sweet and heavy, I would guess at a mixture of Sweet Cream and Bavarian.

No off notes

Pairings

Should work well with coffees.
Fruit, should work in apple strudel

Overall it’s a tasty Vape but needs something to add high notes, seems very heavy.

WF Thai Apple SC

Setup: Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .2 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: WF Thai Apple SC @ 2, 4, 6%,. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 13 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Warm apple, not the Fiji refreshing version. There’s something else there, a spice of sorts (not cinnamon), maybe nutmeg. Virtually nothing at 2%. This is going to have to go higher, but I’ll check back to see after 10 days to see if its peaked its head out of the closet more.

Flavour Description: Rather than emerging from the closet, it dived back into drab heterosexuality. At 2% this is like vaping wet wicks (not the bubblegum). Same, same at 4 and only at a robust 6% did the warm apple start to emerge. However, at this potency it also brings with it a certain vegetal spiciness and sharpness. I’m tempted to say, a little like a celery note.

Uses: A charitable suggestion would be to use at about 4-6% as a support to cider and baked apple recipes, but even there that spiciness might get in the way.

Overall: Going with the aroma, I had hopes for this one but the smell does not translate into the corresponding flavour. I might come back to this, but as it stands it makes for a vapid vape.

WF Lemonade SC

Setup: Dead Rabbit, N80 Fused Claptons @ .18 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: WF Lemonade SC @ 3,5%,. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 14 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Run of the mill lemonade. A touch of lemon and maybe a bit of strawberry in there as well. No effervescence but maybe that will develop over time. Maybe slightly more personality than FW Lemonade which is my go-to lemonade currently.

Flavour Description: After it's settled down a bit more, it really is a solid lemonade. It’s sweet and the lemon note is more prominent now. I’m going to be repeating myself, so let me get it out of the way. WF has nailed a certain profile of lemon throughout the range. It has created a limoncello lemon. Sweet, rich and very moreish. Not much fizz (not as much as FW Lemonade develops with steeping) but solid flavour.

Uses: Lemonades naturally. Maybe a bit of a more astringent lemon to add depth and some WS for cold and you’re pretty much there. The same applies for cocktails and the like. But beyond that think of any place that sweet lemon would work. There’s a limoncelli (limoncello and nougat sweets) recipe that I’m going to return to now that I’ve found the Malfi lemon. 2-4% would be enough to shine.

Overall: I like this a lot and with a couple of tweaks, it could provide a pleasant summer lemonade. I find that with both WF and LB that when they get a flavour right, they have already done a lot of the hard work already. DIY here just needs to turn the bed covers down and place the chocolate on the pillow.

(WF) Lemon Lime Soda SC

Setup: Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .24 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: (WF) Lemon Lime Soda SC @ 3%,. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 14 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Sweet lemon on the front, a bit of lime at the end. Taste test is a sweet lemon, like lemon drops with the same lemon on the fade that is reminiscent of tart lemon.

Flavour Description: Much the same as on the SNV. Delicious. No bubble, but they have got the sweet lemon drops down perfectly. Incomparably better than the RF Soda Base SC. it’s also quite a heavy mouthfeel vape with no throat hit. A bit more sassy than the Lemonade (it’s the lime twerk at the end) but the same comments apply. 2-4% would be fine depending on the accent.

Uses: Judging by the similar thoughts from @rogue zombie I would say that all three are pretty much in the same stable. Summertime for the strawberry, Lemonade for the lemon and this one for the sweet and tart of the lemon and lime in combination. And there’s enough depth to make for three great, refreshing summertime ADVs. I would also think that you could throw any number of additional fruits at these and they would embrace them warmly.

Overall: The Lemon Lime just shades the Lemonade simply because of the briskness of the lime that counteracts the sweetness of the lemon. However, the lime also narrows its uses.

WF Cinnamon Pastry

Mixed at 4%
Gear as above
Steeped 16 days

The pastry is very doughy, almost raw. It’s quite thin, there is very little depth to it.
The cinnamon is unspectacular and light. There are no spices to lift it.
It does have a good mouth feel but it’s mainly undercooked dough.
There’s a lot of holes in this profile.

Off notes

Not very realistic, it’s as though it needs to be baked still and is light on cinnamon.

Pairings

Creams
Graham cracker
Biscuit
Flv rich cinnamon
Fruits

Overall

Not a very impressive profile on its own but could be used as a starting block for better flavours. It is ahead of Cap CDS only because I get a weird sour taste from CDS but can’t compete with the Liquid Barn counterpart.

WF Sour Watermelon Candy

6-10% mix
Gear as above
4 week steep

I chose this primarily for the sour as I don’t have much experience with watermelon.

The watermelon is as expected very synthetic, same as every other one I’ve tried.
In replicating the watermelon candies it’s pretty much bang on. There isn’t much of a sour note though but rather a tart flavour. The Vape seems a bit dry but is enjoyable.
The aftertaste is also spot on, like the sweets.

No offnotes

Pairings

Will work well with other candies and citrus.

Overall

WF has accurately cloned the flavour, personally I’d have liked a more sour finish but if you’re looking for the candy sweet version, then this is it.
Stand-alone 10%
Mix 5%

WF Sugar Cone

Mixed at 4%
Gear as above
4 week steep

Light crispy wafer, it reminds me of the wafers they put in the milkshakes at a roadhouse.
There is a slight sweetness to the cone which adds authenticity.
As made mention by others, this could sub well for Inw Biscuit as that has been reformulated but then again so can JF Biscuit.
At higher percentages it tastes quite stringent, almost as if it’s going to burn your tongue, I wouldn’t go over 1% in a mix.

No off notes

Pairings

Pastries
Bakery
Fruits

Overall it’s a good flavour and will work well in a recipe.
I’m a massive Cap SC fanboy so I’m a bit jaded, the flavour deserves more respect than it’s getting from me atm.
Sub for Inw but watch percentages as it’s a bit more potent.

(WF) White Fudge SC

Setup:
Pulse 24, N80 Fused Claptons @ .24 ohms. 60w power. Full Cotton Wicks.

Testing: (WF) White Fudge SC @ 3%. 70/30 VG/PG, Steeped 17 days.

Initial SNV thoughts: Slight aroma of white chocolate. Alcohol coming off the SNV and not much else. There’s a sweetness there, but no fudge yet.

Flavour Description: I’m not getting the fudge or the white chocolate really. The suggested percentage is 1-4 and at three it’s more than enough. Not strong, but sweet at these levels. There is a chalkiness to it, as if there some texture on the tongue. I’m assuming that’s what they would call the fudge part. The microscopic sugar granules that are the residue of fudge, but nothing that tastes like fudge. As for the white chocolate, it manifests as a hint but has the butyric acid hint of yoghurt.

Uses: If you are going to use it, I would find a recipe with strong preeminent flavours and try and hide it in there. If you want to try and given the butyric strain, it might actually work with a fully blown yoghurt with the addition of LB’s White chocolate peppermint. In this case you would only be looking to hide the vomit and bring a certain grainy texture to the recipe.

Overall: My initial feeling is that this one is a huge miss, but it might have a certain Lazarus appeal. In the same way that everyone saw FA’s Joy as fermented beer until it started sneaking into recipes (at small amounts) to give an additional doughy flavour. Maybe it might get a second life in the future.

Back