Worst flavourings you have come across?

I have used LA Cream Cheese Icing at 1 % in this recipe. In that it gives an amazing sweet zing. A review here. Some pick up a plastic taste from it, so be sure not to go too high.
I have been looking for a plastic-ey icing to make a carrot cake. This seems to be hitting the right notes.

I have been looking for a plastic-ey icing to make a carrot cake. This seems to be hitting the right notes.
Cream Cheese Icing is perfect for carrot cake, it tastes exactly like it should, cream cheese mixed with icing sugar. Don't go over 2% though because it gets noticeably stronger as it steeps and can very easily become the dominant note in a mix.

Any recipes for that pancake? @BumbleBee wanted to make pancakes with cream and strawberries but the maple is to strong for that.
It's been a while since I played with Pancake. If I had to guess I'd say start here:

3% Pancake TFA
3% Strawberry Ripe TFA
2% Sweet Strawberry CAP
3% VBIC TFA

It's been a while since I played with Pancake. If I had to guess I'd say start here:

3% Pancake TFA
3% Strawberry Ripe TFA
2% Sweet Strawberry CAP
3% VBIC TFA

Shall definitely try this come Monday when my supplies hopefully arrive :campeon:

Clyrolinx Iron Bru made me want to chunder, tried it at 2%, dumped the concentrate immediately.

I have FA Bread Crust, ordered it not knowing anything about it, but as soon as I take my mixing box out everything smells like it. Been too scared to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
use FA bread crust as per this method...

.0025% FA bread crust ( used 1% of a .25% dilution

FLV Crunch Cereal

This shit is pure cancer guys, please avoid else you might just stop vaping all together.

use FA bread crust as per this method...

.0025% FA bread crust ( used 1% of a .25% dilution

Contemplated this, but ended up dumping the bottle cause every time I open my DIY box my whole lounge would smell like burnt toast.

Did you have any success?

I think most flavours can be used in a way where, even if they're not "best in class", they are at least usable. NotCharlesManson said that Inw Blueberry was the worst blueberry he ever tasted - but then waxed lyrical about one recipe where it had been used right and produced a really tasty result. I think most would concur that TFA Coconut Extra is not a great flavour. Yet it's used in Snake Blood which is one of the top-rated recipes on ELR.

Although I concede that FA Bread Crust maybe does challenge the "every concentrate is good in something" theory. I am determined to find something that Cly Milk Tart works in. I can experiment widely too, seeing as I bought 20ml of it...

If I do I'll tell you
Contemplated this, but ended up dumping the bottle cause every time I open my DIY box my whole lounge would smell like burnt toast.

Did you have any success?

I think most flavours can be used in a way where, even if they're not "best in class", they are at least usable. NotCharlesManson said that Inw Blueberry was the worst blueberry he ever tasted - but then waxed lyrical about one recipe where it had been used right and produced a really tasty result. I think most would concur that TFA Coconut Extra is not a great flavour. Yet it's used in Snake Blood which is one of the top-rated recipes on ELR.

Although I concede that FA Bread Crust maybe does challenge the "every concentrate is good in something" theory. I am determined to find something that Cly Milk Tart works in. I can experiment widely too, seeing as I bought 20ml of it...

Agreed.
I have a deep abiding hatred of tfa Vbic, it literally makes me feel nauseous when smelling it, yet I tried some Funfetti recently and it works beautifully in that.

Worst for me was basically every VapeOwave flavor I tried. You get what you pay for in the end

Agreed.
I have a deep abiding hatred of tfa Vbic, it literally makes me feel nauseous when smelling it, yet I tried some Funfetti recently and it works beautifully in that.
I still don't like tfa vbic. Stuff just doesn't taste nice. I don't get pepper at least but there is something in there that I just don't like at all. I sub for Cap VBIC always now and it always turns out good. I made a few recipes side by side with tfa and cap and I always prefer the cap version. (Insert blurb about taste subjectivity here)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So far only-
FA Torrone - its very strong, its def not Nougat
FA Condensed milk - more dry powder milk, chalky feel
Cap Italian Lemon Sicily - sour lemon cleaner
FW Fruit rings
Vapeowave marshmellow
Vapeowave bubblegum

So far only-
FA Torrone - its very strong, its def not Nougat
FA Condensed milk - more dry powder milk, chalky feel
Cap Italian Lemon Sicily - sour lemon cleaner
FW Fruit rings
Vapeowave marshmellow
Vapeowave bubblegum
Next ur in East London pop in and let me introduce you to Rhodonite... the Torrone shines in that, it is definitely not intended as stand alone.

Next ur in East London pop in and let me introduce you to Rhodonite... the Torrone shines in that, it is definitely not intended as stand alone.
Awesome, thanks, oooh yes def not stand alone, I checked out a recipe, I can see how it will work in a nutty cakey fruit mix at about 0.1 % that's probably about it, 10mls could easily last 10 years :p

TFA Citrus Punch. If I'm not mistaken, it was first called TFA Mountain Dew and it was modeled after the drink. To me it smells a lot more zesty than the drink. My mistake was that I tried making a lemon zest custard including that ...uhm.. stuff in my early days of DIY and after that I couldn't catch the slightest whiff of the concentrate without literally being nauseous for quite a while afterwards. I seriously can't think of any application where it would be vape-able though.

Back