Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA

I rewicked my Elevate last night, think I got it spot on this time. No hint of a dry hit, no spit back, very good flavour and a dense vape. I've found that when it comes to RTA's, normal Muji cotton is easier to get the wicking right than with Cotton Bacon. That's been my experience anyway.

@Darth Vaper post a pic of your build. Ill try snd help
Appreciate the offer to help - I will send some pics when I next feel the urge to try and get it right again. But for now, I'm too frustrated to bother with this RTA... I'm no stranger to RTA's and building & wicking them - and I've now tried quite a few different coils, leg lengths, different wick types, wicking methods etc. Just not convinced this RTA is worth the hassle anymore, to be honest. Thankfully I've got my trusty, trouble-free, flavor-filled Dvarw to rely on!

Appreciate the offer to help - I will send some pics when I next feel the urge to try and get it right again. But for now, I'm too frustrated to bother with this RTA... I'm no stranger to RTA's and building & wicking them - and I've now tried quite a few different coils, leg lengths, different wick types, wicking methods etc. Just not convinced this RTA is worth the hassle anymore, to be honest. Thankfully I've got my trusty, trouble-free, flavor-filled Dvarw to rely on!
Yip... that is me as well. Ended on a 2.5 mm id Superfine MTL Fused Capton Ni80 ( .70 ohm ) build. 4.5mm legs.... wicked to the tee. No dry hit, no leaking what so ever and .....
Still not close to the Juggerknot or Intake on the same build.
Over it...
Watch the classifieds and or trade.... section. Incoming !!!
Ps. I agree with @KZOR, sad that most of the reviewers get paid.... we as consumers end up paying double the price...

Ps. I agree with @KZOR, sad that most of the reviewers get paid.... we as consumers end up paying double the price...

Point of being a reviewer is to get paid, reviewers have followers and subscribers which the vendors pay a premium for to gain access too. Plus said reviewers have appearance fees for Vape Conferences etc.

Sure there could be some unethical reviewers that “might” have more positives to say about a products. One has to take into account that vape reviewers have far more knowledge and years of experience testing vape equipment for their opinions to actually have merit.

The longer you have been doing it, the more followers you have, the more you can charge, why work for free.

All we can do is support our local S.A reviewers, help them grow their subscribers, so they can also get paid.

I rewicked my Elevate last night, think I got it spot on this time. No hint of a dry hit, no spit back, very good flavour and a dense vape. I've found that when it comes to RTA's, normal Muji cotton is easier to get the wicking right than with Cotton Bacon. That's been my experience anyway.

Very interesting @JB1987
You mean the normal japanese cotton pads?
I wonder why it would be easier - but I think you are onto something
(goes looking into the bottom drawer for the jap cotton pads - grin)

Very interesting @JB1987
You mean the normal japanese cotton pads?
I wonder why it would be easier - but I think you are onto something
(goes looking into the bottom drawer for the jap cotton pads - grin)

I'm not sure @Silver , I first noticed it with the Intake RTA. If I wick with CB it's fine for the first evening but then I start getting close to dry hits the next day, if I wick with the normal Japanese cotton pads it remains consistent. It might be that the CB saturates more and thus swells up and fills the juice ports where the Japanese cotton might not be that absorbent. That's my hypothesis anyway.

Just to add, I have a vendor who supplies me with Japanese cotton pads pre-cut into short strips made to fit a 3mm ID coil so it only takes me about 5 minutes to clean and rewick an RTA.

I'm not sure @Silver , I first noticed it with the Intake RTA. If I wick with CB it's fine for the first evening but then I start getting close to dry hits the next day, if I wick with the normal Japanese cotton pads it remains consistent. It might be that the CB saturates more and thus swells up and fills the juice ports where the Japanese cotton might not be that absorbent. That's my hypothesis anyway.

Just to add, I have a vendor who supplies me with Japanese cotton pads pre-cut into short strips made to fit a 3mm ID coil so it only takes me about 5 minutes to clean and rewick an RTA.

Thanks for that. I'm going to try this next time I rewick

Point of being a reviewer is to get paid, reviewers have followers and subscribers which the vendors pay a premium for to gain access too. Plus said reviewers have appearance fees for Vape Conferences etc.

Sure there could be some unethical reviewers that “might” have more positives to say about a products. One has to take into account that vape reviewers have far more knowledge and years of experience testing vape equipment for their opinions to actually have merit.

The longer you have been doing it, the more followers you have, the more you can charge, why work for free.

All we can do is support our local S.A reviewers, help them grow their subscribers, so they can also get paid.
Happy with the business principal ...
Agree with you that one should then also be ethical. My concern is that money clouds judgment.
If you ok with handing over your hard earned cash in support of the business model... good on you. Unfortunately some of us do not have that luxury, therefore we rely on these reviewers to keep it honest as sometimes this might be all we can afford and would like to share in the hype.
Agree with you again, if local reviewers keep themselves true, like KZOR, they will have my support 100%

Happy with the business principal ...
Agree with you that one should then also be ethical. My concern is that money clouds judgment.
If you ok with handing over your hard earned cash in support of the business model... good on you. Unfortunately some of us do not have that luxury, therefore we rely on these reviewers to keep it honest as sometimes this might be all we can afford and would like to share in the hype.
Agree with you again, if local reviewers keep themselves true, like KZOR, they will have my support 100%
May I just ask something. I have read a few of these new hype threads. (There seems to be one every month). Now if you go read most of them you will see the excirement etc. Then the vapers get the new hype and sing its praises. Remember nobody will say something is bad if they just bought it. (Example Toyota drivers) and then after a few days or a week or two, you see the truth coming out. And the classifieds fill up. This is almost like dejavu if you go read past threads.
So how can the reviewers be blamed? Why not blame ourselves for keep fallng for the fake hype?
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

May I just ask something. I have read a few of these new hype threads. (There seems to be one every month). Now if you go read most of them you will see the excirement etc. Then the vapers get the new hype and sing its praises. Remember nobody will say something is bad if they just bought it. (Example Toyota drivers) and then after a few days or a week or two, you see the truth coming out. And the classifieds fill up. This is almost like dejavu if you go read past threads.
So how can the reviewers be blamed? Why not blame ourselves for keep fallng for the fake hype?
Because it is called a " review " ? :O

Then again...for me the reviewers got it spot on with the intake and juggerknot.
So seems we stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Then again...for me the reviewers got it spot on with the intake and juggerknot.
So seems we stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Ok but a few people dont think the Intake is very impressive, so does that not mean people differ and apply to reviewers too? Read this thread and the others, its the hype, everyone wants to be part of it and be the first to show they got it. Like I said dejuva.
Leave the hype wait two months after something is released and then read real feedback from unpaid vapers that used it for longer than 10min. And get it then for half price from the hype chasers

Ok but a few people dont think the Intake is very impressive, so does that not mean people differ and apply to reviewers too? Read this thread and the others, its the hype, everyone wants to be part of it and be the first to show they got it. Like I said dejuva.
Leave the hype wait two months after something is released and then read real feedback from unpaid vapers that used it for longer than 10min. And get it then for half price from the hype chasers
And nothing wrong with hype chasers, most of my fishing buddies are hype chasers, man you must see the hypes in fishing with dips and bait, promising more and bigger fish. My dad is a hype chaser with electronics and gadgets. Nothing wrong with that, but dont complain if you not happy.

Back