Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA

First build, using the supplied coils - look like framed staples - coming in at 0.35... LOTS of spitback, which isn't fun.
Also hoping it will settle, but I'm not enjoying the burnt tongue so far.
Checks Matt's video. Either the wicks are raked too much or the wick is not long enough into the channels. I followed Matt's video to the tee and its perfect. Vic's video will also work. The amount in the wick tails makes me think a lot of the SM22 wicking, i.e. less is more is not so applicable with this tank

First build, using the supplied coils - look like framed staples - coming in at 0.35... LOTS of spitback, which isn't fun.
Also hoping it will settle, but I'm not enjoying the burnt tongue so far.

It might be wicking too fast, try a bit more cotton in the juice ports. So far I haven't had any spit back issues, also using the supplied coil.

Enjoying this one, is it better than Intake on flavour, maybe but only just, will it replace my Intake, No.
One problem I find at the moment is if the top cap is screwed on just tight the air control ring is jammed and won't turn, I have to loosen the top cap slightly to turn it.
IMG_2460.jpg

@Bulldog that tight airflow ring issue is the same thing that happens with the Dead Rabbit RTA. The Zeus, Intake and Juggerknot don’t seem to suffer with this problem.

But then again AFC is not something that we fiddle with often, kind of set and forget.

First build done and have to say this is 100 time better then the Intake

34ddc7a7c5c2815dc0cd1e19ae4d48ae.jpg

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

What build dif you use and at what wattage?
Used the supplied coil. Came out to .32 build, vaping at 46watts

Cotton is a bit tricky. Must be just under the ledge

Used the supplied coil. Came out to .32 build, vaping at 46watts

Cotton is a bit tricky. Must be just under the ledge

Same here. This RTA definitely likes the higher wattage ranges. Thats where is shines

My 2c worth...
It good, but its not my Intake and defenetely not my Juggerknot...
Out of the 3, my Knot is the winner by a long way. I even ordered a second one.
But
I also need to be fair to the Elevate as it is not on the same build as the other two.
So will be setting it up the same when i get back from JHB to compare apples with apples...

Popped in a 0.3 juggernaut coil and clipped the legs shorter at 4ml. Airflow is now bit more restricted due to size of coil. But DAMN!

20181208_102302.jpg

Ok. So far i tried normal kanthal, juggernaut, coil supplied with the rta, twisted Ni80 and Ni80 Fused clapton. And i have found me happy place. 3mm 0.25 Ni80 fused clapton with 4mm legs. MASSIVE flavour. Just bloody amazing

Ok. So far i tried normal kanthal, juggernaut, coil supplied with the rta, twisted Ni80 and Ni80 Fused clapton. And i have found me happy place. 3mm 0.25 Ni80 fused clapton with 4mm legs. MASSIVE flavour. Just bloody amazing
Sorry for no pics. I have weird shakes in my hands today, so phone camera cant focus. The juggernaut coil pic took me 10 minutes to take

Interesting @SmokeyJoe - what RTA are you comparing flavour to, or what is your 'reference point'?
I rebuilt this morning with a 3mm Ni80 fused clapton using 5mm leg length and it is definitely better than my first build with 6mm legs. At least from a spitting perspective. Flavour is good, but definitely not wow either. I will try go even lower using 4mm legs on next build.
How is everyone else finding the flavour of the Elevate?

Interesting @SmokeyJoe - what RTA are you comparing flavour to, or what is your 'reference point'?
I rebuilt this morning with a 3mm Ni80 fused clapton using 5mm leg length and it is definitely better than my first build with 6mm legs. At least from a spitting perspective. Flavour is good, but definitely not wow either. I will try go even lower using 4mm legs on next build.

@Darth Vaper I find the flavour diluted because of the massive airflow.

Im comparing it to my Zeus

Not bad, but not the best. I have tried 2 builds and ... nope its not my Intake and not even close to the Juggerknot. Now in not a master builder, but do think I know what im doing as i have got the builds in all my other atties to fire on point.
To me its a bit muted and a tad beter than my Zeus.

Not bad, but not the best. I have tried 2 builds and ... nope its not my Intake and not even close to the Juggerknot. Now in not a master builder, but do think I know what im doing as i have got the builds in all my other atties to fire on point.
To me its a bit muted and a tad beter than my Zeus.
Will it become my regular ? Nope, perhaps my beach bong or i will end up trading it...

You can try Mike's wicking guide. What i did find is that this RTA does not like low wattage, you need to push it above 40W for it to shine.

i found the wicking to be tricky. it a fine line getting it right, spitting and almost a dry muted vape.

i found the wicking to be tricky. it a fine line getting it right, spitting and almost a dry muted vape.
Have to agree there. The wicking is not very forgiving. My diy is 65% VG so i had to extend the cotton further through the channels that what the reviewers did. But. The wicking is WAY easier than on the Zeus

Back