WTF TheCourierGuy?

They managed to misplace my one parcel a while ago, sender replaced and it was delivered the next day. They are still looking for the other parcel, about 3 months down the line. Still think they are the best of the bunch though.

Oh. My. Vape. I made a mistake! I looked at my tracking, saw the words PE and, with KZOR's story fresh in my mind, I assumed that my parcel had been sent to PE by mistake. Not so. It was collected in PE because that's where the vendor (Foggit) is! It's the first time that I've dealt with Foggit and for some unknown reason I thought they're in Jhb.:blush:

I agree that usually The Courier Guy is excellent and I'm sure that they do have a system in place for busy times, but no matter how good the planning, at the end of the day everything depends on the human factor. And humans make mistakes when they are probably tired and rushed off their feet.

It's not only The Courier Guy. All the problems in the world are caused by humans.

EDIT:
I'm going to send the link to this thread to the manager of The Courier Guy in Malmesbury, whom I know, and ask him to bring these problems to the attention of their HQ.

I did indeed email TCG and Elzanne pointed out my mistake about PE (read my post above.)

With respect to @KZOR's parcel, TCG asked for his waybill number so that they can investigate further. KZOR feels that the matter has been solved now. He received a new order from Blck Vapour and the first one has travelled back to Blck Vapour. Thus, he has not given me his waybill number to forward to TCG.

@KZOR I suspect that you misunderstand my intentions, as perhaps others have as well. My intention in emailing TCG was not to fight for your order, or even to complain to TCG.

The bottom line is this:

There is a problem.
The problem needs to be solved.
How can the problem be solved?
By telling the right person about the problem.

Any business that is worth its salt needs feedback. How else are they going to know what's happening?

Complaining on the forum is not addressing the problem. Complaining on FB is not addressing the problem.
Any company that is worth their salt wants feedback.

My philosophy in life:

If I like a company, I will continue to deal with them in spite of the occasional hiccup, but I will let them know about the hiccups, so that they can drink a glass or two of water.

I like TCG. Out of all the couriers their delivery service is the best.
Don't you think that they deserve to know where there are problems, so that they can improve, instead of simply being condemned on a forum?

I agree with you.

However, as many has said they are the best of the bunch, I fear they are going down a very bad road at the moment.

The only reason they are on the road is because of businesses and people actually sending packages, now the biggest problem with them are their customer service which is horrible to say the least, many times I struggle to get someone on the phone to sort issues out, I have had area managers in the loop etc, Yet they do not really care if the average joe stops sending packages.

If they weren't so on the ball with their delivery then I would have stopped using them ages ago due to they lack of customer service.

It seems it's a common thing, a company opens to fill a need and with the aim to be the best, however as they grow they lose touch with their original values as money becomes the driver, and all customer service goes out the window.

@Hooked Yes I agree about the human error, however the December thing is just simply put, a lack of planning. Our local courierguy driver in PTA have had bloodshot eyes multiple times, as he had to work 12-16 hours shifts to get the packages delivered. When he is done in PTA on a Friday around 18:00, he goes back to depot to load the van and drive through to bloem.

If I could get a package from hong kong and canada delivered faster (via dhl) than courier guy could locally (in decmeber, both cases) , then that comes down to planning.

Back