WTF TheCourierGuy?

KZOR

Proudly South African Vaper
LV

Awards
Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
@Richio
Sunday i placed a order from Blckvapour for some ingredients that i needed to make ejuice for the holidays.
Blckvapour 1.jpg
Today i decided to follow up and checked the tracking number.
Hope this is a mistake on the system and not what is actually happening.
Blckvapour.jpg

Last edited:
I would say check on the track and trace if your details are captured correctly from JNB to CPT.
If so, phone courier guy as it's a misroute of cargo...

They are busy at this time of year :)

Holiday Holiday, check there holiday schedule
not all courier companies work 24/7/365
if you don't get it by tomorrow, it will only be
delivered after Christmas
my guess

at least ist's not SAPO. The eedjits there allocated 1 local tracking number to 2 international parcels. So now they cant trace my parcel as it has apparently already been collected at maiden wharf. and I am in JHB

Courier guy are usually reliable.. But sometimes they can really mess you around. Had 2 parcels to collect from my supplier to 2 different clients. So simple, literally 19 phone calls After the driver refused to take it from my supplier, because the kebaab put only one collection on the system, they finally managed to collect way pass 6 in the evening and deliver next day.

Tried to contact them at Joburg and CT but the bastids don't answer. :(

@KZOR The CT office is pathetic. I've had problems with them in the past too.

A new branch has opened in Malmesbury. They're absolutely fantastic and I deal with them only. I'm sure that they could at least answer tracking questions for you, even though you're not in this area.

Tell them that CT doesn't answer the phone and that I referred you - they know me well.

Their tel. no. is 022 487 1772
Elzanne will answer the phone and assist with any queries

Lol it happened to me a few times - with a misrouted sticker on the box. At least they are effective in delivery, often surprised me by delivering one day less than expected.

Lol it happened to me a few times - with a misrouted sticker on the box. At least they are effective in delivery, often surprised me by delivering one day less than expected.

I've been lucky in that it's never happened to me. Touch wood!

Had to send an urgent car part to the Krugerpark the other day for family. As it was urgent I took it directly to Jhb head office. There was just one lady taking parcels and answering phones, they were busy moving to a bigger wharehouse. That poor lady was so busy her lunch was still standing next to her pc at just before 4pm. Dont know if their moving are completed yet, but that might be reason they dont answer the phone

I've been lucky in that it's never happened to me. Touch wood!

Oops! I forgot to touch wood! :( and my order has been sent to PE instead of to CT.

Oh well, there's a first time for everything.

Courier Guy Port Elizabeth.JPG

This is a real shocker for me. I've never had issues with them at all. They even phone me 5 to 10 minutes before they arrive at the main gate at my work to give me time to meet them at the gate. This is very, very bad service fro. Such a stellar company.

Not trying to defend the courier companies as its a business and the client pays for a service.... but just think its a really busy and challanging time. I send a package with Aramex on the 22nd already... the recipient message me this morning ... no trace op item at all yet...

I can tell you as well, since I use them to send all parcels their client service isn't the best (business to business), and have had a ton of issues this month, from parcels going missing, to misrouting parcels.

You would expect such a long standing company to have had their fair share of experience with December's loads, and put plans in place.

But, luckily throughout rest of the year they are the best when it comes to end customer experience and do deliver fast. Lesser of all evils I suppose.

I agree that usually The Courier Guy is excellent and I'm sure that they do have a system in place for busy times, but no matter how good the planning, at the end of the day everything depends on the human factor. And humans make mistakes when they are probably tired and rushed off their feet.

It's not only The Courier Guy. All the problems in the world are caused by humans.

EDIT:
I'm going to send the link to this thread to the manager of The Courier Guy in Malmesbury, whom I know, and ask him to bring these problems to the attention of their HQ.

Back