Years Of Smoking

Wow very impressive somebody has trained you well :p either that or there's a hint of sarcasm in there somewhere lol :)

No sarcasm, something I aspire to in all human relations, but fail at many a time.

I win this competition hands down. Over 40 years of smoking. Whoop hooray. What a good achievement don't you think? And this achievement at 30pd. Now how good is that?
Also, I win the longest "Vapor" competition. Been vaping for 2 years and 5 months with no analogues.

Sadly, the damage is done I think. So a winner, I think not.

Damage may be done - but switching to vaping is definitely going to be better down the line than continuing with Analogues

Well done for the 2 years and 5 months - outstanding...

Johnny, I know you are a Menthol person - remind me which is your best of the commercially available local menthol flavours?

Was it you that suggested Menthol Sensations from eCiggies a while back?

Regards

No sarcasm, something I aspire to in all human relations, but fail at many a time.

Very impressive :) we all aspire and fail at times as long as we try our best thats all that matters

I win this competition hands down. Over 40 years of smoking. Whoop hooray. What a good achievement don't you think? And this achievement at 30pd. Now how good is that?
Also, I win the longest "Vapor" competition. Been vaping for 2 years and 5 months with no analogues.

Sadly, the damage is done I think. So a winner, I think not.

I think if Gizmos uncle had to join the forum he may even beat you :) In his 60's and we managed to convert him plus he was on 60 stinkies a day :0 Crazy huh!!! He still has not quit completely but now a box of 20 lasts him nearly a week and he keeps cutting down more and more - keeps thanking us and saying we have saved his life :) but yes you definitly win longest vaper - he started a little while after us

It is still an incredible achievement on your part though and it is outstanding that you managed :) Its people like you and uncle George who prove to the rest of the people out there that they really are miracle products :)

All this is highly inspiring!! Smoked 25 years and gone from 30 a day to 0. Will post further in the newbie section :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started at the age of 14 and after 28 years of smoking ended up at a 40+ per day smoker. That was until 2.5 months ago, when on a whim popped into a tobacconist shop while mall crawling and picked up a starter kit. Fortunately it stuck and I have made the switch completely. Unfortunately my wife has struggled and has stuck with her Kent Whites. OMG she stinks!!:p

Managed to get HRH into vaping. She has been stinky free for just over a month now. :D

All this is highly inspiring!! Smoked 25 years and gone from 30 a day to 0. Will post further in the newbie section :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi @ibanez, that is fantastic! 25 years of 30 a day is a lot of cigarettes indeed! To go from that to nothing is a big change. Well done

Just on the point of switching to vaping. I think we perhaps may not realise just how much change is happening on this forum alone. Health wise. And i do think the forum itself is playing an important role - at least for me it is.

Managed to get HRH into vaping. She has been stinky free for just over a month now. :D

@vaalboy, well done! You gonna have to give me some lessons or tips. My better half has not really taken to it. Not really sure why. Im not making an issue about it with her at all because i know that wont work. I think i need to entice her with flavours or something else. She smokes those thin menthol cigarettes, about 6 a day, so shes not a heavy smoker anyway. But would be nice to have a co-vaper in the house.

Started at 14 and am now 58 so that is 44 years of smoking! Best non smoking period was three months after using Champix... was a heavy smoker 40-60 a day and coupled with a bad cough and a nagging wife drove me to try the Twisp (Did try e-cigs before but they were kak and made my cough worse)... now stinkies free! ;)

From 16 to 50, ave 25 per day. That is 310 250 cigarettes or 15 513 packs of twenty. At R35 ( no idea what they cost these days) that amounts to R542 938 bucks and enough tar to fix the roads in all of the Freestate. Time to up the vape budget!

Regards

I started in grade 9, think i was only 13 at the time.
now my 3rd year into vaping makes that 39-yrs of around 20 stinkies a day since i started my 1st job.. OMW.

I started when I was 14 and eventually kicked it this year - 40 years later. In the end I was doing 40 to 60 a day. The positive change in my health is awesome

Sent by iDad's iPhone
60 a day!!!!!! Tjoh, I’ll manigel if I slaan 60 stinkies a day! 60!!! That is nogal insane Brother.... Junnnnnne

60 a day!!!!!! Tjoh, I’ll manigel if I slaan 60 stinkies a day! 60!!! That is nogal insane Brother.... Junnnnnne

@Jengz - it was insane, but then I changed to vaping. @Rob Fisher played a big roll in this. I recall communication between us from quite a while back when he planted the seed. So credit to him for that, but also credit to him for dragging me into the rabbit hole

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Started at 7 With a skelm rietpyp and my dads boxer tobacco growing up on the farm, stopped when he manually adjusted the behavior when he caught me lifting some for my stash!
Started again in high school and kept going until 5 months ago, with vaping. Tried to stop before and my sons eventually got the neighbor to buy a packet of Marlboro and lighter, I was apparently making Conan the barbarian look like Bambi. Bulled myself with its only about 20 a day, but why was I buying 3 packs a day? 33 years of average 2 packs a day is serious money.

Smoked Camels for 35 years (20+/day) and have vaped exclusively for 3 years. My sincere thanks go to Hon Lik the Chinese pharmacist who invented (reinvented) vaping in 2003. He will possibly be responsible for saving more lives than most of the past Nobel prizewinners for Medicine.

Started at 14 and am now 58 so that is 44 years of smoking! Best non smoking period was three months after using Champix... was a heavy smoker 40-60 a day and coupled with a bad cough and a nagging wife drove me to try the Twisp (Did try e-cigs before but they were kak and made my cough worse)... now stinkies free! ;)

Champix is one hell of a SOAB. As explained to me by my GP, they cause a serotonin overload, basically a mega-dose anti-depressant.

I managed to get off cigs that way too, but only got through half of the pack before stopping them. had to have cancer grade anti-nausea meds to counteract the champs.

Smoked 9 years. 1-10 Sticks a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Champix is one hell of a SOAB. As explained to me by my GP, they cause a serotonin overload, basically a mega-dose anti-depressant.

I managed to get off cigs that way too, but only got through half of the pack before stopping them. had to have cancer grade anti-nausea meds to counteract the champs.

Smoked 9 years. 1-10 P/d
Champix, that stuff had me bortering on homicidal. Look I'm no ray of sunshine on my best days but compred to what i was then my fowlest mood now can be described as delightful. How that junk ever got released remains a mystery.

Regards

This is going to be a near record, however not a good one to have.
Started smoking (properly) at 16 in 1964 and I quit in 2015 at the age of 67.
That makes it 51 years of smoking - shameful.

Dave

Back