You know you've mastered a tank when...

Darryn Du Plessis

SativaPhoenix
LV

Awards
You can clearly lung inhale without difficulty
You can summon circles from the diaphragm below
You know which wattages/voltages are perfect for the flavour and cloud production
When you're wanting even more than the tank can give
You produce a room full of vapour

Thought I'd share my "how not to" with an RTA,should give some of you a chuckle.

Put a new coil and wick in the rebuildable deck of the sub tank mini,after a few toots it tasted burnt,meh!
I've not done the wicking properly me thinks,so I pull it apart and rewick and I'm pretty sure it will be 100% now.
Put the tank back together clean up a bit and invert the tank only to see all the juice running out of the airholes.Luckily I don't have it on the mod as I normally do.
Now whats wrong with this thing...............................ah ha,you have to remember to screw that thing back on the deck (the bit that forms the chimney)
Does that make me a master of disaster.
Now who else will own up to it:rolleyes:

Thought I'd share my "how not to" with an RTA,should give some of you a chuckle.

Put a new coil and wick in the rebuildable deck of the sub tank mini,after a few toots it tasted burnt,meh!
I've not done the wicking properly me thinks,so I pull it apart and rewick and I'm pretty sure it will be 100% now.
Put the tank back together clean up a bit and invert the tank only to see all the juice running out of the airholes.Luckily I don't have it on the mod as I normally do.
Now whats wrong with this thing...............................ah ha,you have to remember to screw that thing back on the deck (the bit that forms the chimney)

Haha. Similar thing happened to me. Was in a hurry to leave for work and was about to slap in an OCC coil... needless to say, i forgot to put the OCC in and was then late for work anyways because i had to cleanup the mess.

:--) I'm so glad and relieved that I'm not alone. Minor (uhm...yes) difference is, I did this repeatedly whilst trying to find the sweet spot of rewicking - probably 6 times in total and 2 of these was consecutive :blush: :worried:

:--) I'm so glad and relieved that I'm not alone. Minor (uhm...yes) difference is, I did this repeatedly whilst trying to find the sweet spot of rewicking - probably 6 times in total and 2 of these was consecutive :blush: :worried:
I thought I'd be the only one

I thought I'd be the only one
It was right when I first moved from stock coils and I struggled to get the wicking just right between no leaks and no dry hits. It pretty much happened every single time when I was so excited that 'this time' seemed to be perfect and I just HAD to get the RBA base in the tank right now to experience vaping perfection. :dance: The subsequent mess and wanting to moer myself feelings :hit: was not conducive to the upkeep of these excitement levels :-(

You realize that it's nothing compared to a dripper and then replace it with one :p

You realize that it's nothing compared to a dripper and then replace it with one :p

Dude, I've deliberately started using a tank again to save on juice (use my drippers on weekends only or after a really good meal). If a 30ml lasted me 2 days I would rejoice. With the tank (Crius), it lasts me 3 days at least lol. I'm sorely considering dropping back down to the ST Mini and maybe it will last me 4 days.

My statement was about flavor. All tanks that I've used mutes the flavor. With a dripper you get full on flavor. There's nothing like it. That's why I have a squonker with a BF dripper on it. Tanks just don't do it for me.

Owning up...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

....you consider selling all your other tanks and drippers and get another mastered tank!
Big thanks to @BigGuy from Sir Vape for my Serpent!

Agreed,
My statement was about flavor. All tanks that I've used mutes the flavor. With a dripper you get full on flavor. There's nothing like it. That's why I have a squonker with a BF dripper on it. Tanks just don't do it for me.
however, please try yourself a dual coil RDTA Bellus _ it has no muting of any taste.

Agreed,

however, please try yourself a dual coil RDTA Bellus _ it has no muting of any taste.

I've been vaping long enough and have tried various tanks over my vaping journey. I don't need to try another. Nothing beats a dripper.

Agreed,

I had a Bellus. Its nice, but not spectacular. As @zadiac says, nothing beats the flavour of a dripper. The only RTA in my opinion that can SOMEWHAT compete with the flavour of a dripper is a Goblin mini (drippers chow juice for a reason). Get yourself a Velocity (or something simple like a Tugboat) to start out on and come and retract your statement afterwards :)

I had a Bellus. Its nice, but not spectacular. As @zadiac says, nothing beats the flavour of a dripper. The only RTA in my opinion that can SOMEWHAT compete with the flavour of a dripper is a Goblin mini (drippers chow juice for a reason). Get yourself a Velocity (or something simple like a Tugboat) to start out on and come and retract your statement afterwards :)

I don't think he needs to retract it :p I love tanks and drippers, the Bellus really does a great job on flavour - not far off of dripper builds... Just a small build area - makes it rather tough to nail great builds on!

Hi guys

Please refrain from getting personal.

Certain posts may be deleted

When you can Temperature control with no difficulty, and a coil that stays at one resistance

:h: STAINLESS operations :D 316L by UD/YouDe/Unification of Design.

Back