Chi-you Mech Mod Blowing My Mind

In the world of vape mods original and style are oximorons and thus mutually exclusive.

what this guy did is plain down swak

shew this is hectic

just glad you realized this before anything catastrophic happened

i got my batts from CVS, 18650 and 18350.

do you have something to use in the mean time if he doesnt have stock?
Hey there Riaz no worries, I am going to go check around tomorrow. Yes I was researching more batteries. So interesting all these different makes of batt's. At the moment I am just using my Ego-Twist VV and my iTaste VW, it is working fine so I got backup, no worries.

Sheesh I tell you, one can live and learn in this world today. But thanks to all of you, I appreciate all your help and guidance, it most likely saved me some teeth or from what I have seen, a jaw bone. And yes, 'swak' does describe it, although he is also just learning, so no harm luckily.

You see, I think folks order stuff from China, some of which they have very little knowledge or experience with and then we see it and think, "Mmmmmm this looks cool, lets get it." The seller should be responsible and in any other industry/circumstance I would have done my nut and gone all Chuck Norris on the dude. But in this case, it was not done aspris/on purpose, it was a simple case of the dumb leading the dumber. I am sure this will not happen again and if it does I will be the first to raise concern and take out my 9mm(call me oscar yo).

On the positive side however, I now have instinctual sub ohm knowledge and know a whole lot about batteries, the chemicals used in them and what the true 'limits' are for each battery according to it's chemistry.
Now it is also evident that no matter how dire the circumstances are, NEVER get a no name brand battery, you can be guaranteed it was built by some dude in China, squinting weally(really) hard to insert the fake safety protection circuit. To all those who purchase condoms from China.........well, lets hope they are not made by the same place that makes blue no-name ICR batteries.

I am sommer going to contact my uncle who has an importers license for various car electronic components, get him to ship me some Sony VTC4 or something similar from the States. Enough playing games. I will check how many I can get in and then dish them out, flippen batteries should be like chips, not like golden Kruger rands. Genoeg is genoeg.

Hey there Riaz no worries, I am going to go check around tomorrow. Yes I was researching more batteries. So interesting all these different makes of batt's. At the moment I am just using my Ego-Twist VV and my iTaste VW, it is working fine so I got backup, no worries.

Sheesh I tell you, one can live and learn in this world today. But thanks to all of you, I appreciate all your help and guidance, it most likely saved me some teeth or from what I have seen, a jaw bone. And yes, 'swak' does describe it, although he is also just learning, so no harm luckily.

You see, I think folks order stuff from China, some of which they have very little knowledge or experience with and then we see it and think, "Mmmmmm this looks cool, lets get it." The seller should be responsible and in any other industry/circumstance I would have done my nut and gone all Chuck Norris on the dude. But in this case, it was not done aspris/on purpose, it was a simple case of the dumb leading the dumber. I am sure this will not happen again and if it does I will be the first to raise concern and take out my 9mm(call me oscar yo).

On the positive side however, I now have instinctual sub ohm knowledge and know a whole lot about batteries, the chemicals used in them and what the true 'limits' are for each battery according to it's chemistry.
Now it is also evident that no matter how dire the circumstances are, NEVER get a no name brand battery, you can be guaranteed it was built by some dude in China, squinting weally(really) hard to insert the fake safety protection circuit. To all those who purchase condoms from China.........well, lets hope they are not made by the same place that makes blue no-name ICR batteries.

I am sommer going to contact my uncle who has an importers license for various car electronic components, get him to ship me some Sony VTC4 or something similar from the States. Enough playing games. I will check how many I can get in and then dish them out, flippen batteries should be like chips, not like golden Kruger rands. Genoeg is genoeg.

cool stuff @Chop007

if you need, ive got two batteries - 18350 and 18650. you can borrow either until you get sorted

cool stuff @Chop007

if you need, ive got two batteries - 18350 and 18650. you can borrow either until you get sorted
Thanks a lot Riaz I appreciate the offer bro, the folk on this forum are flippen legends. I will get back to you if I do not get some. Thanks guys.

Thanks a lot Riaz I appreciate the offer bro, the folk on this forum are flippen legends. I will get back to you if I do not get some. Thanks guys.

no worries bro.

keep me posted.

Mmmmm... how the wheel turns... now you're the battery expert. I'm not saying I'm glad this happened but I am glad you were able to take something positive from the experience.

...was just about to add the Vapeking bit :D

Mmmmm... how the wheel turns... now you're the battery expert. I'm not saying I'm glad this happened but I am glad you were able to take something positive from the experience.

...was just about to add the Vapeking bit :D[/QUOTE/]
By no means an expert, when I manage to design a battery that's sole purpose is powering the new vape generation of legends, then I will be. At least more informed now, thanks to a caring community. We as South Africans have a strange ability to invent stuff. We see a need and we fill the gap.

Wooohoo, THANK YOU @Cape vaping supplies for that Efest IMR 18650 1600mah......30A, battery!!!!! Now, finally I can charge and then vape this Chi-You Lookalike. Dude, you absolutely rock in my book. And such a friendly chap as well. Those that KNOW what they are doing, LOVE what they are doing, and that love for vaping is infectious. Those that do not know what they are doing, should not be doing it, it p1sses people off.

Anyways, wow, finally, now lets take a deep breathe and enjoy this 1.3 ohm, dual 1.0mm diameter coil, mech mod, if calculations are correct, that will be vaping at +-11Watts, and 2.85 amps. Still lots of room for some 'safe' sub ohm fun later on. @Cape vaping supplies, you made my day, I will not forget it bro.

its only a pleasure bro. glad I could help you. all for the love of vaping. now rebuild that aqua with a .9oh coil and see what the difference is like

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Great stuff CVS and Chop!

I take it your battery is already at 3.7v? Enjoy the Chi You mate!

Great stuff CVS and Chop!

I take it your battery is already at 3.7v? Enjoy the Chi You mate!
Man oh man, oh man, oh man. Awesome, out of this world. What a big difference between Ego's, Twisps etc and a mech mod. Absolutely amazing. Thanks all of you for all the help and advice, the end result is this: (P.S I am smiling like a Chezaar cat and also purring).

Some pics:
Fat%20Cloud%20One.png

Dual Micro Coil at 1.3 ohms. Using Kanthal 32g, at 8 wraps around a 1mm juice spout(metal).

The Result:
Fat%20Cloud%20Two.png

And:
Fat%20Cloud%20Three.png

Sorry for the picture quality, but the vape quality is HUGE. Thanks dudes, you guys are legendary. Thanks @Cape vaping supplies, this is what a decent battery can do.

I love the Russian Clone. Thank you @Zegee, absolutely awesome of you. I must say this little clone can produce huge clouds and great flavor. With a 1.1 ohm coil, the vape is very hot but the flavor is just amazing.

The little screw for air adjustment is top notch and filling is a breeze, just unscrew the little star screw at the bottom and fill with needle point of bottle.

Russian%20Four.jpg

Beautiful looking RBA.

Russian%20One.jpg

6 Loops of Kanthal 32 gauge, twisted and micro coiled. Results in 1.1 ohm resistance. 1.2mm Pin.

Russian%20Two.jpg

Firing nicely from the center out. Squeezed with tweezers to compact. Very nice glow.

Russian%20Six.jpg

Throwing some Vapor Clouds
Russian%20Five.jpg

Looks Stunning on The Chi-You mech mod clone-of-a-clone-of-a-clone's-uncle.

In conclusion: There is still some fine tuning to be done, got to try sub ohm. Have to try Riptripper 'Double Barrel', flavor is awesome, build quality is precise and well refined. The hit is as intense as ever. As of this moment I still prefer the Aqua, most likely because I have had it for longer and can tune it better.
The amount of vapor I get from this single coil is about the same as that I get from the Aqua Dual Coil. This vape is a warm one, bordering on hot.

A beautiful device and I am extremely grateful to @Zegee for thinking of me, thanks bro, you rock man. There are limitless possibilities with this RBA,?? it is easy to build on and I am certain there are a vast multitude of varying coil designs one can do(yipeeeee). As always, thanks for the mellow forum and the awesome vapers out there. Rock On.

Back