Ain't It Grand!

Oupa

Owner at Vapour Mountain
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
So picked it up this morning just in time for a nice Friday afternoon coil building session. Thank you Reosmods and thank you @Matthee for the AW's!

Reo1.jpg

First coil. Nothing fancy... came to 1.5ohm.

Reo2.jpg

Hi I am Oupa, and I am a Reonaut!

Reo3.jpg

Congrats and welcome to Reoville, @Oupa. That looks great. And the coil is textbook. Most Reonauts cut an inverted little V into the bottom of the tube in the juice bottle. To prevent it from sucking fast against the bottom of the bottle. Dying to know how you find the vape at this early stage?
Please register your Reo household on this thread on ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/217670-reo-roll-call.html
You will be our 7th SA Reonut - now equal to the Aussies!
Edit: You are fast - see you have already registered!

Last edited:
Congrats @Oupa, looks beautiful ! Let us know your thoughts after you get the hang of your shiny new toy :)

congrats oupa may you have many happy vapes with your reo

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

[quote="You will be our 7th SA Reonut - now equal to the Aussies!
Edit: You are fast - see you have already registered![/quote]

Woah woah woah! Nobody told me this was about beating the Aussies! Might just HAVE to get a Reo-shmeo now!

And congrats Oupa, Silver Vein looks good!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

@Derick, i dont recall much detailed feedback from you on your REO experience?
Tell us how it vapes? And what you think...

Perfect looking coil you got bud. Enjoy it's a super awesome mod.

Thanks guys... really enjoying it! Rebuilt the coil already this morning. First one was 9 wraps 28gauge kanthal and it came in at 1.5ohm. Did 7 wraps this evening and came to 1ohm exactly. Awesome vape... can't beat it for flavour and vapour! The Reo is so simple but so effective!

did u drill out your airhole?

Nope keeping it standard. Don't like a draw that's too loose. The airflow on the RM2 is perfect for me.

How do you find the throat hit @Oupa?

I started on 24mg years ago and then used 18mg for quite a long time. Eventually went down to 12mg and now on 9mg. So I am not a big chaser of throat hit anymore, but it gives quite a thump for 9mg.

Would you say it gives the same thump as a PT2 on the same juice strength?

For sure... it would also be dependent on the coil you build and your juice PG/VG ratio. But you can't even compare it with protanks or any other clearomizers.

Ok thanks @Oupa.

Yeah I gotta agree, the reo gives more TH than a protank with the same Mg of nicotine. It has made me consider moving from 18 to 12

Yeah I gotta agree, the reo gives more TH than a protank with the same Mg of nicotine. It has made me consider moving from 18 to 12
When I got my Reo dropped by 12 mg, albeit from a high content. Now on around 20 mg, with 12 in the evenings. If you have trouble adapting to 12 mg, just lower the resistance of your coil a tad. For me 0.8 to 1.0 hits the sweet spot, using 28g Kanthal.

curious to know what you take to work with you now that you have a reo.?

When I got my Reo dropped by 12 mg, albeit from a high content. Now on around 20 mg, with 12 in the evenings. If you have trouble adapting to 12 mg, just lower the resistance of your coil a tad. For me 0.8 to 1.0 hits the sweet spot, using 28g Kanthal.

Yeah on 18 the coil you made me is too strong for me, but on 12 it is too weak again - I end up having to refill twice a day on 12 :)

So I think I should stick to 18, but maybe make a slightly higher ohm coil - I also found a place that sell 100% pure cotton candle wicks (no chemicals), either hollow, cotton core or hemp core - so wanna buy sample packs of them all and give them a go - see how they work out

Yeah on 18 the coil you made me is too strong for me, but on 12 it is too weak again - I end up having to refill twice a day on 12 :)

So I think I should stick to 18, but maybe make a slightly higher ohm coil - I also found a place that sell 100% pure cotton candle wicks (no chemicals), either hollow, cotton core or hemp core - so wanna buy sample packs of them all and give them a go - see how they work out
Yes, slightly higher (1.5 ohms) for the 18 mg or slightly lower (1.o ohms) for the 12 mg.
Those wicking materials sounds awesome, can you share the particulars of the place?

Yeah sure
http://www.wickstore.com/

They have so many interesting things that I would love to try - I've never read of anybody using candlewick, so dunno if there is a reason for that, but I'm willing to find out

They also have something called water wick - meant for wicking water into pot plants etc. - thinking that should be worth a try as well

Back