And so it was writ...

@Silver said, "There are a lot of experts here" and I replied, "We were all pert at some stage, but with age we've become ex-pert."

@Silver That method to quote someone works within the same thread, but how to paste it into another thread? That doesn't seem to work. e.g. In this thread I wanted to quote your There are a lot of experts here, which is in the Introduce Yourselved thread.

What you do is as follows:

You highlight the piece of text you want to quote - and click on the +Quote black button

upload_2018-6-23_14-54-0.png

That puts the quote into a multi quote memory

Then you go to the thread you want to use the quote and you will see in the text box while typing that there is a new blue button called "Insert Quotes"

upload_2018-6-23_14-55-11.png

Click on that and you can then insert the quote from the other thread

Hope that makes sense @Hooked?

What you do is as follows:

You highlight the piece of text you want to quote - and click on the +Quote black button

View attachment 136374

That puts the quote into a multi quote memory

Then you go to the thread you want to use the quote and you will see in the text box while typing that there is a new blue button called "Insert Quotes"

View attachment 136375

Click on that and you can then insert the quote from the other thread

Hope that makes sense @Hooked?
If you open lots of threads at once and then read through them, the insert quotes button won't appear in a page that's already open until you refresh the page (ie refresh the thread you want to insert into)

https://edition.cnn.com/

180625155855-naftalan-3-exlarge-tease.jpg

Crude oil bath 'cures disease'

Crude-oil bath, or crude oil-bath?

Why are people ok with this but they want to ban vaping?
There are vapers out there who do stops things.
I am by no means saying there is any correlation to stupidity and vaping.

The sad fact of the matter is we need regulation but our governments seem to think regulation and censorship and rights to freedom of speech are one and the same.

“The trouble with internet quotes is that it’s extremely hard to ascertain their true origin.”
-
Martin Luther King​

upload_2018-7-8_8-25-11.png

As a moderator of one of the Yzerfontein FB groups, I often see this reply. WHY don't people see the word WHY at the beginning of the sentence?

Back